Goodbye Jesus

"if There Is A Universal Mind, Must It Be Sane?"

par4dcourse

This thread may have been posted before, if so I apologize. I ran across this quote this morning on one of my websites and found it interesting thinking.

What if there is a superior being, but he's totally off his heavenly rocker? The rest of the gawds won't let him join in any reindeer games, and he amuses himself by making absurd lifeforms and throwing the superbowl. The wholly babble describes a nutjob, maybe its right! :shrug:

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Iä Iä Azathoth! :pureevil:

(Sadly the article is a bit unclear on how the "mentality" of Azathoth is commonly described... this supreme deity of Lovecraft's dark dark universe is stark raving mad... :blink: )

Well it would explain the platypus pretty well...

Really, though, if a being existed with such a level of power, as to be a force of nature, would it matter if it was sane or not (or even sentient for that matter)? I mean from where we sit, it doesn't make a lick of difference.

As a simple comment on a 'sane' creator... three words: Bed Bug Sex. QED!

As a simple comment on a 'sane' creator... three words: Bed Bug Sex. QED!

What the heck is Bed Bug Sex?

Oh, what the heck...i'll google it and see what comes up!!!

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! GROSS!!!!

Well it would explain the platypus pretty well...

Really, though, if a being existed with such a level of power, as to be a force of nature, would it matter if it was sane or not (or even sentient for that matter)? I mean from where we sit, it doesn't make a lick of difference.

Sure it does. The idea of some omnipotent crazy old coot burnin' a fatty and laughing his ass off at the stupid shit his "worshipers" do would, if it could be proved positively, get me religious again. :lmao:

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! GROSS!!!!

Like I said... who needs those nasty vagina things?

• 2 months later...

If there is a deity, they would have to be technically insane to create this universe, and more importantly to create humans.

• 2 weeks later...

One wonders how or if humans could be sane enough to question the sanity of their maker? Can sanity arise out of insanity?

One wonders how or if humans could be sane enough to question the sanity of their maker? Can sanity arise out of insanity?

Who said we're sane? :crazy:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ThreeLetterAcronym

I think proclaiming to be 'sane' is the surest proof that a person is insane. - If there ever is such thing as a sane person I'd like to meet them, I'm sure I could learn a hell of a lot from them! ;)

On the subject of crazy deities, there was a weird satirical religious movement supposedly founded in the late 50s called Discordianism - it's either a religion disguised as a joke or a joke disguised as a religion, and presuming it actually exists and isn't just a counterculture spoof, their thinking is that God is a crazy woman called Eris. They proposed the theory of 'disorganized religion' as an antidote to the established church, and proclaimed everyone a genuine Pope.

"The Principia Discordia" is the handbook/bible of Discordianism, and is supposedly divinely inspired by this this crazy Goddess

The whole weird worldview is a central theme in The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson - a fun read, if a little odd. I can't work out if it's complete dross or complete genius, though it's apparently a bit of an underground classic so well worth checking out if you go in for that sort of thing - it's along similar lines to stuff by William S. Burroughs and Philip K. Dick

God damn hippies =P

On the subject of crazy deities, there was a weird satirical religious movement supposedly founded in the late 50s called Discordianism

Not was. Is. I'm a founding member of the Cabal of the Pork Dog Inversus.

We have fun. Mainly by blaspheming every other Discordian by eating hot dogs on every day except Friday.