Goodbye Jesus

What should we do...

webmdave

Make a KISS graphic and every time one of the dick heads post, instead of replying post the KISS graphic and add them to the ignore list.

Seems they've left an indelible blank on my psyche...

Don't really know...how bad do they have to get before they're banned? Honestly, trolls have come here, posted their pathetic sermons, and then ended by carrying their asses out with them in a paper bag...I've found it not only educational but entertaining. Sort of like The History Channel. So...I don't know. I suppose, like fleas and mosquitoes, they have their place.

"Whack a mole!" "Whack a mole!" "WhackAmolE!!!" WhackAMOLE!!!!! WHACKK'UM!!!!

Err, engage the POS until they get tired of being skullfucked, then watch them retreat away crying and bleeding from extra large entry to empty brain pan..

kFL

I honestly don't know. Personally I find it both therapeutic and obsessive-timewasting to engage them. Part of me wants to say 'yes' to Kev's Whack-A-Mole approach. However, for those really pesky regenerating ones, nothing short of RL Internet intervention and a restraining order will do.

(And some Prozac or a fifth of Scotch for me, please... Or a Velcro strap. Anything to keep my hand off the [Enter] key.)

I'm sure some of you admins can put together a troll package, ie, a series of scripts you can attach to a user account, particularly an unregistered one, such as TOS reminders, registrations forms, ads that take forever to download, window size presets that are difficult to work with, in general the things that make the internet a PITA to deal with. Not banning them per se, but testing the little buggers' persistence.

There is 'Hell Ban' which is a php script that places the troll in quarantine... from the troll's perspective they can post to their hearts content, and only they can see it... and maybe a few of the administrative staff... effectively it's a global ignore without the irritating 'you have chosen to ignore this arsewipe' messages fouling up the thread...

There is 'Hell Ban' which is a php script that places the troll in quarantine... from the troll's perspective they can post to their hearts content, and only they can see it... and maybe a few of the administrative staff... effectively it's a global ignore without the irritating 'you have chosen to ignore this arsewipe' messages fouling up the thread...

Excellent idea but the trouble is, there won't be any more of that wit of yours, there would be no more material for my "forum within a forum" satires and certainly no more beautiful rebutting of their lame-ass posts by the EXC members. (I'm looking at you, Antlerman, Gramps and Raven!)

That's the purpose of the trolls here (and they usually run out of steam- Goldy/ExMonkey and end3 exceptions) believe it or not...

Sure, try it out anyway.

I voted 'engage them'. But it depends what exactly the post is. If it's just a rant or some PRATT copy and paste, then it's probably best ignored. But in general, I think it's important to engage them. Christian Forums has taught me that any slight action when talking to a fundie can vindicate their beliefs.

This will just send them running back to church saying 'atheists are so rude, and they're so terrified of other opinions because they know in their heart that they're wrong and that Jesus is Lord.' Or the equivalent in some made up gobbledegook while rolling around on the floor like a total prick.

It's an option in vbulletin:

Tachy Goes to Coventry

This option allows you to effectively add a user or users to every member's 'Ignore List'. However, users in this list can still see their own posts and threads...

*feels the bump of information superhighway roadkill*

Was that a troll?

Really, I tend to take them as a fact of internet life. Until they do something illegal/malicious, don't much care, and if they do, seems you all are pretty good at applying the banhammer.