Goodbye Jesus

Unbelieveable!

xandermac

I still can't believe this happened! I'll try to explain as brief as possible.

My husband works right across the street. I've been out of work and money is tight. Our thermostat went out and my husbands supervisor used to be a heating and air conditioning guy so Blue(my husband) asked him if he would take a look at it. He came over yesterday at lunch and I was sitting here just signing on to EXC. He stopped by my computer and was telling me that he had just gotten a new computer and how he loved it and he noticed what I was reading and asked "What's E christian"? He didn't notice the X because it's the same color as the coffee beans. I hesitantly explained that it said exchristian and he stepped back like I had shot him. "EX" he said, "you mean backsliders?"Well not really I said. Then my husband came in I shut exc down and went outside.

When my husband came home from work he said that he was all upset at work and asking him did he know what I was reading on the computer. Can you believe the nerve? OK I did know this guy was a preacher. Whats even more funny is this guy was arrested a few years back for selling illegal firearms out of his trunk! While he was a pastor! His congregation stood up for him! He was on the 6'oclock news! If your pastor is an arms dealer you must be a redneck huh?

Here's the kicker! Last night a knock on the door. Guess who? This preacher, his wife, daughter, and some other fucktard toting a bible! Of course my husband let them in he's his supervisor. He begin to tell me that he went home and looked up EXC and was shocked at what he read. He had prayed and god had told him to come and pray with us. One of my son's works there also and jokes about being satanic just to piss people off. He said he had noticed this and thought that it was sad but he could see that satan had a hold on our family. His daughter said she had graduated with my older son(Death metal guitarist, long hair, graduates with honors this year from college) and how sad she was that he had chosen to follow satan! My oldest son is a genius! He's also an atheist. She works at the chicken plant!

I'm so shocked this is happening and I'm looking at my husband and he's giving me the eye like don't say nothing so I'm just trying to be nice and they ask if they can pray. I say ok thinking get it over with and leave and then they begin. The preacher gets out a bottle of oil and starts putting oily crosses over all the doorways in sight, then he lays hands on my 12 year old and starts speaking in tongues. My kid looked at me and I yelled stop! My husband elbowed me like please shut up and then they came after me! Speaking in tongues, saying in the name of jesus we command you satan, pushing me like they wanted me to go down and when I didn't it sort of died down to whispers of thank you jesus. The preacher asked me how did I feel and I went off despite my husband. I told him I felt violated that they had come in my house and done this. That I didn't believe in any of it. He said let's pray again and I said Hell no! His wife spoke up and said something about how could a mother let her kids go to hell and I said something like cause thats where I'm going. I was so shocked I can't remember what all I did say before I went to my room and slammed the door. I heard my husband apologize for me and they left. Then He and I got into a fight! He's mad cause I wouldn't pretend! Cause this dude is a big shit at the plant! I'm so pissed, I want to move! Can you believe this shit? I don't know what will happen at his job today.

• Super Moderator

Tough call. Personally I couldn't live like that, but that's just me.

Some Christians are pretty nervy. I can't stand them, and couldn't work for them.

You can either make nice for the job's sake or become a martyr for the cause. I promise I will light a candle for you, St. Xander!

Best of luck. I won't pray for you.

- Chris

I don't know what will happen at his job today.
If they continue to push, perhaps there is a healthy lawsuit in the making here... One that could give you your option to move. :scratch:

Was your husband on board with all this? Damn this reminds me of me an the wife, sounds like something she would pull if she were not so introverted and too shy to call a preacher.

True he didn't call them for that (or did he?) but to tolerate that is well, intolerable!

Was your husband on board with all this? Damn this reminds me of me an the wife, sounds like something she would pull if she were not so introverted and too shy to call a preacher.

True he didn't call them for that (or did he?) but to tolerate that is well, intolerable!

No my husband is not a believer either. More agnostic I guess. He's very shy and easily embarrassed. We are not sociable people. He just wanted me to pretend that their prayers helped me so they would be happy and leave. The owners of the plant are just as fundy and he seems to be able to handle it ok. I'm pissed because they come to my house and tell me that my GREAT kids are hellbound! Now I can think of stuff I wish I had said. I'm so angry!

"I'm pissed because they come to my house and tell me that my GREAT kids are hellbound!"

My father was 'invited not to attend' the RCC because he explained the evil of priests upsetting his heavily pregnant wife with similar comments. He did it by pickin the younger (and larger) priest off the ground by his face and smacking him aganst the wall to emphasise each word he said... My father was such a card!

I feel for all of you.

I can understand your husband feeling like he's stuck between a rock and a hard place with this high up coming in and pressuring him but if it can be shown that this affects his job I think it's actionable like Fwee said (maybe old preacher man will read this and back the fuck off if he knows what is good for him).

I also feel angry along with you. If someone barged into my house and started that crap I would likely end up with the cops sorting things out. If some dick head even made contact with my head with some fucking oily hand against my will I can promise you there would have been problems (add an OCD to not wanting their religion and I would have not been happy). You showed more restraint than I by far and I am extremely happy that you let them all have it.

I just really hope that this doesn't end up being dumped on your husband in some fucking power play to get you all to "see the light" (in that perverse prodigal son/Job bullshit sort of way they force people to endure in the name of "love"). If this preacher man has any balls tell him to swing them on over here and face us instead of shoving around his underlings like a cowardly little cocksucker.

mwc

Wow. If this guy does start threatening your husband's job, and you really need the job and aren't in a position to move, I'd highly recommend contacting the ACLU or a similar organization and see if they'd be willing to take your case up in court. This kind of shit shouldn't happen in the US, and this guy has absolutely no right to bust into your home and act like that. You should be pissed. I'd probably take a swing at them if I were in your position.

Unbelievable... :twitch:

So he uses his position to bully those around him into thinking like him? Small tyrants like that make me sick. I'm sorry Xander, I wish you werent trapped in this situation. I dont suppose there are alternative employment options available?

Wonder what the fundy saw here that scared him so much eh? :wicked:

Oh for that matter I wonder if he's obsessive enough to watch this site to see if his "blessings" work.

Xan,

I do think you should consider talking to a lawyer. You might have a case of harassment and misuse of his position as a supervisor to your husband. The problem though is that you live in Alabama, and that's one of the most Christian supporting states in existence, so you might not have much you can do after all.

If you do go on with a lawsuit, your husband most likely have to quit (or get fired) and you probably have to move. It could come with that price.

Oh noes! We're a bunch of ebil back-sliders! Heaven have mercy! What are all the Xians gonna do now? We're persecuting them! We're persecuting them!

Xand...ho-ly shit! There's absolutely no way you should have tolerated that abuse. That's what it was, abuse. I say report the situation to the police so there's a record of it. If your husband has trouble at work to the point of getting fired for not being a Xian then he can file a wrongful termination suit and the police record will backup the story.

Just a thought. My sympathies. They were absolutely fucking insane.

• Super Moderator

Maybe you should keep the number of the ACLU on speed dial just in case . . .

Religious discrimination works both ways.

Good luck.

- Chris

Maybe the right response would have been to lay hands on the guy and speak in tongues too!? I wonder how he would have felt about that. And if he asked, just tell him you were casting out evil demons.

Ok, here's what you do:

You get your husband, son and a good atheist friend together with a copy of "The God Delusion" or some other such book, and head over to the preachers house. Ring the doorbell and when they answer tell them that no one told you to come over and not pray for them. Then keep your oily hands off their doorways and speak to everybody in english. In a calm and reasonable tone tell them and their children that there is no god. When they protest, your husband should speak up and ask them how any parent could let their kids believe in hell. After all of this, ask them if they feel better, and when they say no, ask if they would like you to do it all again.

On second thought, I don't think that would work.... atheists make lousy evangelists...

Outrageous Xander! At least you were able to give him a piece of your mind. Maybe that will discourage further attempts. The fact that he is connected to your husband's job does make it difficult, but I cannot see how this violation of your home can be tolerated.

Be sure to document this incident and any future ones in detail in writing. Date, time, event. If your husband is given trouble on the job or any further occurrances, I would definately see an attorney (not that you necessarily shouldn't see one now). If he is fired or is harrassed on the job, you would have a case, it seems to me. Even in Alabama there has to be the ACLU somewhere. You should NOT have to put up with this. Sue them big time.

I'm so shocked this is happening and I'm looking at my husband and he's giving me the eye like don't say nothing so I'm just trying to be nice and they ask if they can pray. I say ok thinking get it over with and leave and then they begin. The preacher gets out a bottle of oil and starts putting oily crosses over all the doorways in sight, then he lays hands on my 12 year old and starts speaking in tongues. My kid looked at me and I yelled stop! My husband elbowed me like please shut up and then they came after me! Speaking in tongues, saying in the name of jesus we command you satan, pushing me like they wanted me to go down and when I didn't it sort of died down to whispers of thank you jesus. The preacher asked me how did I feel and I went off despite my husband. I told him I felt violated that they had come in my house and done this. That I didn't believe in any of it. He said let's pray again and I said Hell no! His wife spoke up and said something about how could a mother let her kids go to hell and I said something like cause thats where I'm going. I was so shocked I can't remember what all I did say before I went to my room and slammed the door. I heard my husband apologize for me and they left. Then He and I got into a fight! He's mad cause I wouldn't pretend! Cause this dude is a big shit at the plant! I'm so pissed, I want to move! Can you believe this shit? I don't know what will happen at his job today.

:twitch: Xander!

You're very strong, I just don't know what to say about their outrageous over the top behavior. :loser: They are far far FAR over every courtesy line, they are abusive control freaks.. you did right. I'm so very sorry you're going through this.

(((( HUGS )))))) I admire your strength... crip... I think I woulda pulled a nutty if it were me.

Oh Xander, that is just horrible! I think what freaks me out the worst about it is that they are probably reading this thread along with the rest of us. Ewww! Another violation. I hope your husband's job is safe and it sucks that preacher-man is also his boss. And it further sucks to be so far down in the Bible Belt. :( I know I'm gonna sound like a sell-out, but hey, if you need to fake a re-conversion to save your spouse's job, well, I certainly wouldn't think any the less of you. I know you shouldn't have to do this sort of thing in 21st century America, but down in your neck of the woods, I wouldn't be surprised if the Churchies did worse things to you than firing your husband. :(

Good luck sweetie, I hope it all blows over today. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

My husband just called from work and preacher man tells him that gawd worked some miracles at our house last night. He said he prayed that our computer would mess up every time I tried to get on any exchristian stuff again. So if you guys don't hear from me.....LOL!

My husband has been there about 8 years. He's one of the highest paid there(which is not that great but good for around here) we can't pick up and move! He's 53 years old.

Hans is right. A lawsuit would come with a heavy price and we're not in a position to pay. I can't put my family through that kind of thing. We'd be hated here. Besides my husband let them in the house. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. I should have fell in the floor and puked up green shit and then spoke in tongues and maybe my old man would get a raise. Then I could go out and sell my testimony and write books.

This is not over though, I will have my say once I've calmed down. Can you believe he's claiming victory? Fucking nut. My son that works there is furious! He can't afford to lose his job either. I had to stop him from putting 666 on his head this morning. My 12 year old is scared to death. He'll never set foot in a church. Something good came out of it I guess. I hope you guys don't think I'm chicken shit. I just got to figure out how to handle this without it devastating us. GRRRR I'm still MAD!

Oh and what takes olive oil off the wall?

Oh and what takes olive oil off the wall?

I would try lighter fluid first. Just put a little on a sponge and then dab it on the oil spots. The other option is to use a degreaser. Some cleaning products claim to have degreasing agents, otherwise you can get actual degreaser from anywhere that sells basic auto supply. Not that I've had to clean annointing oil off of things before....

I hope you guys don't think I'm chicken shit. I just got to figure out how to handle this without it devastating us. GRRRR I'm still MAD!

No, no, no...not chicken shit in the slightest. You stood up for yourself in the firstplace and it is a VERY sticky situation. You have every right to be insanely fucking angry about it. It would be really nice if an uninvolved third party would give preacher man a verbal shit kickin' (I'd advise a physical one as well, but I'd never condone such a thing. Nope, not me...never... :Hmm: )

I hope you guys don't think I'm chicken shit. I just got to figure out how to handle this without it devastating us. GRRRR I'm still MAD!

No, no, no...not chicken shit in the slightest. You stood up for yourself in the firstplace and it is a VERY sticky situation. You have every right to be insanely fucking angry about it. It would be really nice if an uninvolved third party would give preacher man a verbal shit kickin' (I'd advise a physical one as well, but I'd never condone such a thing. Nope, not me...never... :Hmm: )

Thats another thing I'm worried about. If this don't blow over my husband WILL kick his ass. This idiot thinks he's doing gods work. I just hope he don't make us a project for the lord.

A few years back my husband kicked a truck drivers butt and sent him to the hospital at this job. The guy was being an asshole and grabbed Blue's shirt. The cops came and they found meth in his truck, so it was kept a secret from the other employees that Blue beat him up and he didn't lose his job. He's got a bad temper. He's really trying because he knows he can't lose this job or go to jail.

I realize this all sounds so bizarre to people in other parts of the world. I'm beginning to feel so embarrassed about the whole thing. What a dumbass place to live. I defend it so much to people who think we're all stupid rednecks.

To be honest, I am reading your story with my mouth open.

To me my home is my little own world and it is sacred to me. No cultivated person would ever even think about such an insult, to behave in a way like this moron did. I love to have guests around, but they have to behave like guests. But xians are very good walking around and telling everyone "btw. you and your family will go to hell. Do not take this personally, it is just, that you will spent an eternity in darkness and fire." They can even smile while telling you this shit. If this is not personally, than what? They just abolish every personal border and they think this is normal.

This boss is just one more discourteous xian fundamentalist. But that is anoying enough.

Xander, I'm surprised at you. What with being a proper southern woman, certainly knowing her manners when it comes to guests in our homes, I would have thought you would've at the very least asked them to join you and yours for the evenings kitten roast near the edge of the pit of hell in your back yard. And I guess you didn't offer them the usual Mint Julep on the front porch before commencing the nights ritual of demon raisin'. (One good turn deserves another....or in this case, should it be "bad"?) :shrug:

I mean...Gah...how rude. :lmao:

Xander, I can't even think of what to say. This is so appalling I am speechless! And I all I could think while I was reading it was, "They better damn well be back today with some Mr. Clean to fix up those doorways!"

Hang in there hon. I wish we could all come down there and stage an intervention for you. I'm sure the asshole and his family would enjoy some bat blood on their doorways.

Heather

To be honest, I am reading your story with my mouth open.

To me my home is my little own world and it is sacred to me. No cultivated person would ever even think about such an insult, to behave in a way like this moron did. I love to have guests around, but they have to behave like guests. But xians are very good walking around and telling everyone "btw. you and your family will go to hell. Do not take this personally, it is just, that you will spent an eternity in darkness and fire." They can even smile while telling you this shit. If this is not personally, than what? They just abolish every personal border and they think this is normal.

This boss is just one more discourteous xian fundamentalist. But that is anoying enough.

Michael, with due respect to our frinends in the US, much of anything below the old Mason-Dixon line, or the Square states, are third world hells... pretty much like Burundi, just without the bilharzia parasite in the rivers...