Goodbye Jesus

Christianity/mithraism

Coolhermit

Excuse my hitherto lack of postings - I only realised I had registered here when my Coolhermit moniker was rejected as it was already in use! "Who is this pretender to my throne?" methought. So I typed in my usual password and I was logged in :-) So I must have registered years ago and forgot about it :-(

But I digress. There is mucho evidence that Christianity (Pauline) is in fact exactly the same as ancient Mithraism. I've posted one site (of many) for folks to peruse. Anyone interested can google Christianity is Mithraism and dive headlong into a welter of info.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen048.html

This site is arguably not the most informative but will give a taster for those wishing to take this further.

Yup - there's so much info here.

I am amazed at how in 35 years of being a bible believer (though latterly only the Jewish Bible - and the wisdom literature at that) I was ignorant of this (and the Euripides plagiarism in Saul/Paul's conversion) - to me it shows the power of cultic thought wherein any anti ideas are rejected instantly as satanic.

• Super Moderator

Yeah, cool. There's so much info available. An interesting read is how the apologists tackle this one.

But I digress. There is mucho evidence that Christianity (Pauline) is in fact exactly the same as ancient Mithraism. I've posted one site (of many) for folks to peruse. Anyone interested can google Christianity is Mithraism and dive headlong into a welter of info.

Of course it is. When Constantine set up the Council of Nicea much of Roman Catholic doctrine was pinched from Mithraism; not only that but more from Egyptology:

The Things Of His Father

Massey - 'Ancient Egypt' - "In the text quoted from the Ritual the child of the papyrus-marshes has changed and come forth as the ruler, he who fights the great battle against Sut. Horus was then about his father's business. He had now transformed from the child of Isis only, or Horus in the secret place, into Horus the begotten of the father, the Horus of thirty years. This is the original of the story told by Luke of the child-Christ when he was twelve years of age. Mary, like Isis, searches the districts for her missing child, who is found after three days, which is the length of time assigned to the transformation of Osiris for renewal in the moon. Meantime he, too, has "made a great battle," asserted his supremacy, and "ordered what was to be done," although the nature and mode of the contest have been changed. He has also given terror and caused his mother to fear. When reproached by his mother, who had sought him sorrowing, he asks his mother and father if they did not know that he must be about his father's business, or attending to the things of his father.

When Horus the child passes into Horus the adult he becomes the heir to the "things of his father." The Egyptian word "khetu" for "things" is most idiomatic, and "the things of my father" in the Greek is uniquely perfect as a rendering of the Egyptian "khetu."

Thomas

Massey - 'Ancient Egypt' - "Now, amongst the gods of Egypt that were canonized as Christian saints the deity Tum has been converted into the Apostle Thomas. The Gospel according to Thomas is also known to have existed in several forms, some of which are yet extant in the Gospels of the Infancy, assumed to be the childhood of an historic Christ. Hippolytus cites one of these as a Gospel of the Nasseni. He says they hand down an explicit passage occurring in the Gospel inscribed "according to Thomas", expressing themselves thus: "He who seeks me (the higher soul) will find me in children from seven years old; for there concealed I shall, in the fourteenth year (or aeon), be made manifest" (Refut. V. 7). This passage contains the doctrine of the double-Horus, the Horus of the incarnation and Horus of the resurrection, or the child-Horus and Horus the adult. The duality of Horus as the word made flesh and the word made truth is also exemplified in the Gospel of Thomas by the boy whose every word at once became a deed (ch. 4).

In the introductory word to the "New Sayings of Jesus", found on the site of Oxyrhynchus by Messrs.Grenfell and Hunt, it is said: "These are the (wonderful) words which Jesus the living (Lord) spake to . . . and Thomas, and he said unto (them) everyone that hearkens to these words shall never taste of death" (p. 11). The wonderful words, the words of power in the Ritual, are the words of Atum-Ra the holy spirit. The speaker is Horus or Iu the living, he who rises from the grave and does not die a second time, or who is the resurrection and the life, that was represented as the first fruit or type of them that slept. He is one of those to whom Nut, the mother heaven, has given birth or rebirth (Rit., ch. 1), and this power he afterwards confers on his four brethren or children that they likewise may raise up the dead (Pyramid Texts, Teta, 270). It is in this character he says, "I am the living soul" (Rit., ch. 5). That is, as Horus the lord of the resurrection from the land of death. "I am he that cometh forth". "I open all the paths in heaven and on earth" (ch. 9). "That has been given to me which endureth amidst all overthrow" (ch. 10). Thus Horus is the demonstrator of a resurrection for the human soul in a mystery of Amenta. He says, "I am he who establishes you for eternity". "I am he who dieth not a second time" (ch. 42). "I am he whose orbits are of old; my soul is divine, it is the eternal Force" (ch. 85). "It is I who proceed from Tum" - the father of a soul that is immortal."

http://home.austarnet.com.au/calum/egyptt.html#Thomas

The Bible is a poor plagiarism of Egyptian Myths