Goodbye Jesus

Which Is More Fucked Up, Christianity Or Islam?

Kelli

These four verses of Quran, which I quoted without any explanation and interpretation, are about killing unbelievers. How do you regard them?
I regard them as you can kiss my ass.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• kamal

• Deva

• The-Captain

These four verses of Quran, which I quoted without any explanation and interpretation, are about killing unbelievers. How do you regard them?

It sounds like men trying to justify their actions and beliefs by appealing to an imaginary divine mandate. :shrug:

The most fucked up religion is ChrIslam. Because when you die you get fucked by 72 virgin jesus' for all eternity.

mwc

I think if it weren't for Christianity's strong suicide prohibition, you'd see just as many xtian suicide bombers, as opposed to sniping doctors, planting car-bombs, chucking Molotov's into clubs they don't like, etc. Both have their complete homicidal nuts that are just sociopaths with an excuse.

As far as redeeming qualities, well, I've always had this thing for Ecleasties(sp?)... There are some people who let their religion inspire them to do good rather than evil. Just don't hear about them near as much.

Since you asked -- sounds like a bunch of crap to me. How do you regard them?

And why are you here?

I'm here to remind you: accusation without evidence is ……………!?!

I think if it weren't for Christianity's strong suicide prohibition, you'd see just as many xtian suicide bombers, as opposed to sniping doctors, planting car-bombs, chucking Molotov's into clubs they don't like, etc. Both have their complete homicidal nuts that are just sociopaths with an excuse.

As far as redeeming qualities, well, I've always had this thing for Ecleasties(sp?)... There are some people who let their religion inspire them to do good rather than evil. Just don't hear about them near as much.

I think your knowledge about Islam is through media propaganda rather than fairly research. A short look at church rule in Middle Ages and comparing it with Islamic emperors at that specific time reveals a lot of facts.

I have educated in Islamic field; inasmuch as I studied there isn't any permission to kill unbelievers out of battlefield.

"Yet if they keep aloof from you and do not fight you, and they propose peace to you, God does not grant you any way against them". 4:90

Islamic injunctions are not source of terror, violent, car bombing and else; hence, you can't find these misbehaviors where don't attend foreigner military troops; physically or mentally. To pretend politically reactions as religious one is only misconception.

People are enemy of their ignorance

Imam Ali: 1st leader of Shiite

I assume that this is Kamal II, since the English is a LOT better than the last poor sap using this ID... So, which sect are you representing?

Since you asked -- sounds like a bunch of crap to me. How do you regard them?

And why are you here?

I'm here to remind you: accusation without evidence is ……………!?!

You asked for opinions - "How do you regard them?" I gave my opinion. An opinion is different than an accusation, but if the shoe fits.... and f you don't like it, too bad.

I think your knowledge about Islam is through media propaganda rather than fairly research. A short look at church rule in Middle Ages and comparing it with Islamic emperors at that specific time reveals a lot of facts.

I have educated in Islamic field; inasmuch as I studied there isn't any permission to kill unbelievers out of battlefield.

"Yet if they keep aloof from you and do not fight you, and they propose peace to you, God does not grant you any way against them". 4:90

Islamic injunctions are not source of terror, violent, car bombing and else; hence, you can't find these misbehaviors where don't attend foreigner military troops; physically or mentally. To pretend politically reactions as religious one is only misconception.

People are enemy of their ignorance

Imam Ali: 1st leader of Shiite

Saying that Islam did "better" than medieval Christianity isn't saying much, besides we aren't Christians. Furthermore standards have changed for the better a great deal since then, if anything Islam has regressed. This isn't a West vs. Mid-East thing, its an against intolerance and bloodshed in the name of religion thing.

Yes I agree that a lot of the things done in the name of Islam are political in nature rather than religious. But the fact that people are so easily able to use the Qu'ran to such ends is telling in my opinion.

There isn't really a clear consensus on what jihad should be, some hold to your opinion based on scripture, while others can find as much support for theirs. If you have a problem with the conception of Islam by the rest of the world, then perhaps you should take it up with them.

And here is an article for you to argue with rather than me

Criticisms of Islam

And why are you here?

I'm here to remind you (all athiasts): accusation without evidence is ……………!?!

I assume that this is Kamal II, since the English is a LOT better than the last poor sap using this ID...

thank you indeed ! I got hopeful

So, which sect are you representing?

shiite islam

• Super Moderator

Ignorance and superstition do not help or advance mankind. Governments under theocratic rule (in particular, Islam) are repressive, backward, and in practice, cruel and violent. The world would be better off without these throwback religions. The Koran and Old Testament were written by uncivilized, barbaric nomads in ancient times. Evolve, for shit's sake!

- Chris

And why are you here?

Kamal... Allow me to let you in on a little secret.... I'm NOT AN ATHEIST! Why does this matter? Because I'm the one who posted the OP. I think both religions are fucked up and dangerous, and in fact I think Islam is even moreso. That said, what evidence do you want? I think the evidence condemning both side is quite clear. Both sides have made an art out of killing, maiming, torturing, and condemning "infidels" for centuries and the evidence for this couldn't be any clearer than today. If you don't know this, then you're either blind or totally in denial.

Kelli

And why are you here?

:lmao: "you atheists." I am not an atheist either. I am opposed to organized relgions, including Islam and Christianity. Some of the reasons include what Kelli said.

So, in other words, it's wrong to kill unbelievers out of battlefield, but it's perfectly A-OK to wage war with unbelievers? And this magically makes your religion nicer because how?

I think Kamal and Dante have something common...

If you don't believe in their way of thinking and practice their way of being, you are an atheist.

Again, this proves to me that supposed elasticity that is the definition of atheist tears when stretched too far. I don't believe in Yahweh anymore or Jesus for that matter. I have never had a particular interest in seeking out the tenets that are found in Islam nor do I want to bow down to Allah and Muhammad. With those faiths, I am an atheist.

I think that is what they were thinking, Deva and Kelli.

Not like I'm playing devil's advocate or anything.

name='MathGeek' date='Feb 23 2008, 11:04 PM' post='352505'

If you don't believe in their way of thinking and practice their way of being, you are an atheist.

As I got of your reactions you assumed that I've used "atheist" wrongly. Am I right? Well, what dose "atheist" mean exactly?

I'm not a native thereupon I refer to dictionary and I found it so:

atheism

â–  noun disbelief in the existence of a god or gods

atheism

â–¶ noun NON-BELIEF, disbelief, unbelief, scepticism, doubt, agnosticism; nihilism.

name='MathGeek' date='Feb 23 2008, 11:04 PM' post='352505'

As I got of your reactions you assumed that I've used "atheist" wrongly. Am I right? Well, what dose "atheist" mean exactly?

I'm not a native thereupon I refer to dictionary and I found it so:

atheism

â–  noun disbelief in the existence of a god or gods

atheism

â–¶ noun NON-BELIEF, disbelief, unbelief, scepticism, doubt, agnosticism; nihilism.

There's two kinds of atheistic views:

1. A strong belief and conviction that God does not exists - a belief

2. A lack of (not having, absence, missing) of belief if a God exists or not - not a belief

Many here on this site are just disbelievers in God rather than believers in a No-God.

Disbelief is one of the words you used in your definition up there, and it defined like this (in one online dictionary):

Noun 1. disbelief - doubt about the truth of something

incredulity, mental rejection, skepticism

doubt, doubtfulness, dubiety, dubiousness, incertitude, uncertainty - the state of being unsure of something

2. disbelief - a rejection of belief

unbelief

cognitive content, mental object, content - the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned

scepticism, skepticism, agnosticism - the disbelief in any claims of ultimate knowledge

atheism - a lack of belief in the existence of God or gods

The majority of atheists are atheists because they just simply do not believe there is a god, and that's it, but a few (like myself) believe that there is no God (at least not in the traditional sense).

So if you're an unbeliever in Jesus (as a God), then you're technically an atheist in regards to Christianity.

a- is a prefix that is wholly non-religious in tone. It simply means 'without'... atonal - without tone (in a musical sense) so a-theistic would means without a theist god... that brings in Deists, Neo-Pagans, people who beleive there is NO gods of any stripe...

The Jewish god is borderline atheistic, in its non-Hellenised form

The God of the Christians and the Islamics IS Theist... very like the Pagan gods of Greece and Rome... wholly involved with man kind in a very human way... and wholly out of order with the scale of the known universe...

Gramps, what's your take on non-theist? Is there a difference, and if so what kind, between non-theism and a-theism?

Isn't the word "theism" a bit vague, because sometimes, in a broad definition, it includes deists and pan-theism, but in some definitions, quite more strict, it only applies to mono-theism? So where does poly-theism land?

:scratch:

Just for some word-play, would a monotheist be an a-polytheist?

Theist gods tend to think and have 'characters' and an interest in the day to day lives of humans

Deist gods may or may not have a character, and have no more than an abstract interest in the lives of humans, if any at all...

Think Yahweh as opposed to Azathoth...

Krishna isn't really a Theistic god since he was more entertaining himself rather than being involved in human drama for extrinsic interest in humans...

Non-theist can be deist. A-theist is without a god. In the strictest etymology they could believe all gods exist, but not actually follow any of them and hope to be left alone by them... Rincewind, in the Terry Pratchett Discworld series, is that sort of Atheist...

Gramps, is a pantheist really an atheist then?

Not within the etymology... if they worship the Gods then they have gods... they are not without god...