Goodbye Jesus

The "preacher" Voice

par4dcourse

Are you talking about this kind of voice?

http://christianityisbullshit.com/audio/voice.m3u

LOL Bro Jeff, you look just too much like me in your avatar for comfort! Stealing images from my HD?

:)

Handsome devil you!

I like Jesse Duplantis' version, the Cajun Preacher schtick......he's a stand-up comedian who slid into preaching sideways..........

Jesse doing his bit

I like Jesse Duplantis' version, the Cajun Preacher schtick......he's a stand-up comedian who slid into preaching sideways..........

Jesse doing his bit

Good one Trashy! At least he's entertaining, unlike most.

I think this supports the surveys that indicate the proportion of information that is absorbed from the written word, by voice/tone and body language.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who, when alone, has mentally had an argument with someone else. At times these pretend conversations can be quite emotionally charged.

If we engage in that too much we risk developing a mental tape of unloading or arguing with people to excess or developing a habit of replying to people in that "mode" of conversation when that "mode" is inappropriate.

Being in control of yourself for some people is a matter of being in control of your mental tapes and how often you play them.

In the religious world... this takes on the same pattern but in a sanctimonious way.

We watch others preach. When we're alone (as Ruby said), we(others now that we've left the fold) replay conversations with others and take on the role of the wise and knowing christian. We role play being behind the pulpit and imagine ourselves as leaders of lost souls and how others will find god upon hearing our gifted words.... AND we do it with what ever religious voice tone that we admire.

In the tongue speaking world... we might do the same thing.

For me, as much as I was able to role play in the privacy of my appartment or alone in my car on the highway, I was unalbe to fake speaking in tongues. It always, always felt dumb and I knew it was fake.

Prayer is also a prime tool for cultivating the religious voice tone. Twenty Pentecostals before or after church at the altar can easily teach you how to sound holy.

One thing though... as much as some might think it is nothing but repeated practice of tone or manorism, I entirely disagree.

Remember that a very popular acting method teaches actors to actually feel the emotion they are portraying and then synchronize the voice and body. Just as I (so ashamed to admit) prayed as fevorishly as I could... I really felt much of what I was contriving - but not all of it.

Have you never heard a preacher say you need to pray through to god? Classic "Fake it till you make it"!

Preachers go through all of these stages of learning and a Ruby pointed out, the best training ground is at church.

I like Gramps apt way of saying it; it is "aped".

Mongo (Post and run these days - ho humm)

Too funny :lmao: A member from one of the parrot boards that I used to belong to has a Moluccan cockatoo which he befittingly named "Preacher Man" ("PM" for short). For those who don't know, the Moluccan cockatoo is one of the loudest birds on the planet. A 747 jumbo jet can reach about 140 db, and the Moluccan has been pegged at 135 db (105 db is considered damaging to the ear). Definitely not an apartment bird.

Anyhow, I can just imagine that "PM"'s vocalizations are probably just as irritating as one of those fire-and-brimstone preachers. If I had the choice though, I'd rather be in the presence of the screaming Moluccan for 30 min---at least I won't have to listen to any of that religious drivel and guilt-tripping. :HaHa: