Goodbye Jesus

Christianity Is Based On Astrology

SWIM

Great post AM

When I was going thru changing from my beliefs to universalism, suddenly everything that was opposed to it that I had held so dear for so long repulsed me to no end. I could barely stand church at all. I would leave so angry inside, fuming and by the time I made it to my car often in tears. I hated it that much. It took time for my anger to subside.

I feel the same way now. I suddenly am having much anger because Im once again seeing things that I held so dear and they are becoming very repulsive to me. It is starting to come thru in my posts too.

Usually I am a very 'live and let live' person. But when this happens I suddenly can turn angry till I work it all out of me. I guess its how it is relseased from us. Part of the process.

I also am seeing much about myself that I was so blind to. I guess I had this view of myself that wasnt acurate. I thought of myself as independent and pretty much a rebel. But, I am seeing that I did very much bow to clickism (if thats a word) I did compromise and Im angry at that too. And very ashamed of much of my behavior that has been shown to me lately especially when I read your experiences with christians. I didnt realize what a jerk I was really. Blind as a bat. Oh how I am grateful and I hope that somehow all the tribalism, the compromising and dishonesty with myself is dealt a death blow.

so that is my confession of the day lol

sojourner

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Kratos

• The-Captain

• Neon Genesis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Usually I am a very 'live and let live' person"

That I can agree with... it's when someone puts their pitbull over my fence to let them shit in my garden I get pissy...

and the word, since you ask is 'cliqueism' at least it is outside the realms where Doctor Webster holds sway :fdevil:

TY Gramps, honestly I really do appreciate you correcting me. I am not as educated as I would like to be and you always educate me

so it is a word, cool, I thought I might have made up a new word, bummer

sojourner

It's not actually a word in a dictionary sense, the word just conforms to the rules that words come into existence by... so you've invented a word I've not seen before, but it's based of the root word 'clique', meaning 'group', not the onomatopoeic word 'click'

:D

I like playing with language... I think it's why I like insults...

Why does the story of Horus seem so similar to the jesus myth?

Simply because the Jesus Myth is based on Horus. Reason: As the Hebrews lived in Egypt, they knew the Egyptian Religion. Then Jesus, Mary and Joseph fled to Egypt (with Pontius the Pilot :lmao: of course). Horus was born of the Virgin Isis, died and was resurrected from the dead. Much of the Bible is a poor plagiarism of Egyptian religious myths.

http://home.austarnet.com.au/calum/egypt.html

May I please point out that I regard Astrology as I regard Christianity: BULLSHIT. I am an Astronomer and have a very good knowledge of Egyptology.

Well, I doubt anyone here believes in astrology, as the OP, I used it to point out "why" they were the same, for the exact reason you stated, not an endorsement of astrology... DOH

:lmao:

Soj,

I am sorry that you are once again offended with me and that you see nothing in common between us. I really do find that as sad, but we must each find our own way.

You must live in one loney ass world, atheists, agnostics, pagans and EVEN xtians are disagreeing with you... :lmao:

What's it like living in your own little bubble?

As far as christians go there are alot worse, if its preaching he's doing I dont think we need to worry about any of us believing it, right? I know alot of people take issue with him and thats up to you, but as for me I dont see the harm in giving the benefit of the doubt. He's human right? we arent ebil atheists, and he isnt one of dem ebil christians. To his credit he does consider his views as evolving not set in stone and has displayed a willingness to listen, and read other things.

Oh but it's good fun beating on Kratos! As I pointed out before good doctor, we don't hate kratos the person, we might actually like the guy if he ever wakes from his delusion. Some here used to be far more deluded then him, some were preachers, some hardcore fundies, etc etc.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind that should kratos or any other xtian deconvert, or at the very least tone it down to the levels of say, for example, OM and Soj, we would forgive his past crazieness and welcome him with open arms.

We don't hold grudges here, if we did, we would dispise each other. Truly this site is an example of forgiveness! Everyone here used to be an xtian, we would be silent, or constantly arguing with each other if we were not able to overlook peoples past mistakes.

Personally, I see Kratos' being here in itself as very telling. Someone doesn't hang out here, or keep coming back this long if there isn't something happening.

Exactly! And I will go it one further, he welcomes the confrontation, there is NOTHING forcing him to stay here. Escape is as close by as the off or back button on his comp/browser.

Peaceful, or confrontational, it's pretty much an unspoken rule that you dislike the fairytale belief, not the believer!

Wow that sounds kinda... Religious... LOL

;)

Oh but it's good fun beating on Kratos! As I pointed out before good doctor, we don't hate kratos the person, we might actually like the guy if he ever wakes from his delusion. Some here used to be far more deluded then him, some were preachers, some hardcore fundies, etc etc.
Honestly, I don't really give a shit about what Kratos believes. He can even believe I'm an evil fornicating sinner for all I care. But there are two things that piss me off the most, hypocrisy and arrogance, both of which describe Kratos. It's not so much what Kratos believes that pisses me off but that he insists that his way of believing is the only correct way to believe, which is why I keep bringing up the point I've been trying to make that if there was a right way to read the bible, why can't Christians agree on what the right way to read it is. As a former Christian, his attitude that only his beliefs are correct insults me because it's like he's saying that I didn't believe right when there is no evidence that there are right ways and wrong ways of believing in God. His habit of making assumptions about what people think and why they believe what they do doesn't help either, but people that make assumptions about others piss me off in general, not just when it comes to religion.

After the reading the posts now, I think I should stop baiting these squiddies because they seem intelligent enough to smell a trap at first, but then he or she is either bent on suicide or has an "open here" label on the side of their skulls and they fall into it. There is something crazy about that chain of events. I guess that is why some folks call Christianity a delusion.

MathGeek this is way, way off topic, but I was wondering if you had heard anything of Category Theory. Have you heard of it?

MathGeek this is way, way off topic, but I was wondering if you had heard anything of Category Theory. Have you heard of it?

No, I am unfamiliar with it. I saw the abstract algebra notation and I can make some sense of it, but I have never dealt with it before. I accessed Wikipedia and looked it over and it's confusing.

No, I am unfamiliar with it. I saw the abstract algebra notation and I can make some sense of it, but I have never dealt with it before. I accessed Wikipedia and looked it over and it's confusing.

Okay man, thanks. I am trying learn it, and was hoping you could recommend something. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Well, I doubt anyone here believes in astrology...

:lmao: I wouldn't bet on it, SWIM.

Personally, I see Kratos' being here in itself as very telling. Someone doesn't hang out here, or keep coming back this long if there isn't something happening.

Exactly! And I will go it one further, he welcomes the confrontation, there is NOTHING forcing him to stay here. Escape is as close by as the off or back button on his comp/browser.

Peaceful, or confrontational, it's pretty much an unspoken rule that you dislike the fairytale belief, not the believer!

;)

I don't know. I just think behavior is reflective of the person doing the acting itself, not the other person receiving the action. We could try to justify it saying that "he welcomes the confrontation", but that's sounds a little too much like the boyfriend saying that his girlfriend invites him to hit her, and that she could leave anytime she wants, "the door's right there". I also don't buy the excuse of disliking the belief and not the believer, anymore than I buy "hate the sin, and love the sinner". It's the rare person that actually does, and it's their actions that will betray if they are or not. Disliking someone's belief doesn't excuse poor behavior on my part. I alone am responsible for my actions. Actions define the entire essence of the person doing the acting. It's a choice of who we want to define ourselves as.

;)

I don't know. I just think behavior is reflective of the person doing the acting itself, not the other person receiving the action. We could try to justify it saying that "he welcomes the confrontation", but that's sounds a little too much like the boyfriend saying that his girlfriend invites him to hit her, and that she could leave anytime she wants, "the door's right there". I also don't buy the excuse of disliking the belief and not the believer, anymore than I buy "hate the sin, and love the sinner". It's the rare person that actually does, and it's their actions that will betray if they are or not. Disliking someone's belief doesn't excuse poor behavior on my part. I alone am responsible for actions. Actions define the entire essence of the person doing acting. It's a choice of who we want to define ourselves as.

I love a bit of existentialism in the afternoon ;)

I love a bit of existentialism in the afternoon ;)

Very astute! :grin:

Smells of victory...

Smells of victory...

ApclypsNow_Still_0059.JPG.jpg

- Jean Paul Sartre on his new publishing strategy.

I also don't buy the excuse of disliking the belief and not the believer, anymore than I buy "hate the sin, and love the sinner". It's the rare person that actually does, and it's their actions that will betray if they are or not.

Ok you got me there, I *really* dont like kratos! ;)

But feelings are not always permanent....

I don't know. I just think behavior is reflective of the person doing the acting itself, not the other person receiving the action. We could try to justify it saying that "he welcomes the confrontation", but that's sounds a little too much like the boyfriend saying that his girlfriend invites him to hit her, and that she could leave anytime she wants, "the door's right there". I also don't buy the excuse of disliking the belief and not the believer, anymore than I buy "hate the sin, and love the sinner". It's the rare person that actually does, and it's their actions that will betray if they are or not. Disliking someone's belief doesn't excuse poor behavior on my part. I alone am responsible for my actions. Actions define the entire essence of the person doing the acting. It's a choice of who we want to define ourselves as.

The belief leads to acts... and beleif is a choice. If someone CHOOSES to espouse their belief that women are second class, or that gay people are lesser, then I think they're defining themseves out of respectful treatment. I doubt that Kratos' treatment of his wife or daughter(s) is that marvellous, predicated by his belief system. Basically, why do I have to treat a bigot who wraps his vile ideas in the bible, any more than I would a Klansman's opinion of black folks when wrapped in the cant of 19th Century Eugenicists? Can you point me to why Kratos is different to the Klan's man? I'd be interested to see that... As to my being a bigot about his supreme vileness... quite possibly. I feel the treatment needs to be handed back, and God's favourite is a bigot.

The belief leads to acts... and beleif is a choice. If someone CHOOSES to espouse their belief that women are second class, or that gay people are lesser, then I think they're defining themseves out of respectful treatment.

Were my comments about Kratos's beliefs or behaviors?

I doubt that Kratos' treatment of his wife or daughter(s) is that marvellous, predicated by his belief system.

Again, my actions are based on mine. Kratos's are irrelevant to that.

Basically, why do I have to treat a bigot who wraps his vile ideas in the bible, any more than I would a Klansman's opinion of black folks when wrapped in the cant of 19th Century Eugenicists?

Because of a choice that defines you.

Can you point me to why Kratos is different to the Klan's man? I'd be interested to see that... As to my being a bigot about his supreme vileness... quite possibly. I feel the treatment needs to be handed back, and God's favourite is a bigot.

eye for an eye?

BTW, you're not the only one who has their moments of lacking tolerance. I say this in friendship.

GH,

A bigot as I understand them to be is someone who judges all people in a particular group the same without caring to know about them as individuals. Like you are toward Christians. Your last post is a classic example. You have no idea how I treat either my wife or daughter. But that does not stop you from assuming that I do not treat them well.

You continue to choose the weakest form of debate by attacking the person with no knowledge to back up your assumptions so that you can try to appear superior to them and their ideas.

I have used the same analogy that you have used many times concerning this forum to my wife so I do understand it. I have said that continuing to come here is like hanging around with KKK members when you are black. You know you are hated for what you are and not for who you are because no one here is willing to take the time to know you. It is just so much easier to paint with that broad brush and dismiss other people as inferior human beings.

It really is very sad, but there are a few here worth wading through the rest to get to know.

Tolerance, A-man, ain't a strong suit of mine. I don't see that someone who ain't interested in the counter view is worth much more than swatting, and keeping their views in perspective of their lowest common denominator. If he thought the Jews were racially inferior, we'd not be discussing this... but women and gay folk are still a solid target in his world... What's to take time to know? What great human qualities does he have that makes him 'worth knowing' in view of the views he holds about other humans based on gender preference or just plain gender?

and John-boy, if you believe your wife in of lower rank in Team-Kratos, and you've raised your daughters to believe that, when they marry, they are second class in the ranks, then you're denying them their humanity based on gender and a book... and based on the fact you cling to the 1 Tim 2 etc view of women, then I'd say you've been doing the broad brush, Mr Kettle... BTW, I'm not broad brushing Christians, I'm taking what YOU'VE said here, and kept it front and centre, not out of a personal dislike for you, although you're managing to get that too, but to make sure that no-one forgets your beliefs on women and gay people. I don't give a rat's ass whether you change them or not, I don't want people thinking, 'Hey, this guy does have some reasonable ideas' without getting the underbelly. You want to stay, fine. Stay. Just don't think that I'm going to let anyone forget that, despite the fact you may be able to sound like a Universalist, you're fundy scum :) Don't like it? Tough! Want it to stop... change your mind or leave, either is good for me... but since you believe it's 'God said it, I believe it, no argument' get used to a shadow old boy... look upon it as a test sent by Gawd, since you subscribe to that nonsense... Be seein' you.