Goodbye Jesus

Christianity Is Based On Astrology

SWIM

GH,

A bigot as I understand them to be is someone who judges all people in a particular group the same without caring to know about them as individuals. Like you are toward Christians. Your last post is a classic example. You have no idea how I treat either my wife or daughter. But that does not stop you from assuming that I do not treat them well.

You continue to choose the weakest form of debate by attacking the person with no knowledge to back up your assumptions so that you can try to appear superior to them and their ideas.

I have used the same analogy that you have used many times concerning this forum to my wife so I do understand it. I have said that continuing to come here is like hanging around with KKK members when you are black. You know you are hated for what you are and not for who you are because no one here is willing to take the time to know you. It is just so much easier to paint with that broad brush and dismiss other people as inferior human beings.

It really is very sad, but there are a few here worth wading through the rest to get to know.

Kratos,

From what I've seen, some people have tried to attack you personally but you still don't let that get you down. You've come back and maintained something of a visage that is unbreakable. Granted, reading emotions on the internet is like divining personality traits while staring at somebody's skull, but your will appears to be made of iron and the attacks on your family members you seem to have brushed off with ease. These kinds of arguments over insipid doctrinal issues are what have divided Christians from each other years ago even to this very way, and it's even more insane when non-believer takes on believer. I admire your tenacity in the Spirit for coming here, but you are like that lone puppy that walked into the alley with starving cats. There may be a few here worth getting to know, but at what cost to you emotionally? To be honest, if you witness enough and then leave, haven't you have fulfilled your duty with the Great Commission? Obversely, as Antlerman put it, you may be searching for an escape hatch from the questions that have likely surfaced away from this forum. Now I am assuming things I don't know, and it gets me in trouble. I respect you Kratos and your unwillingness to bend away from the faith. Go forth and do what you need to do.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Kratos

• The-Captain

• Neon Genesis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, for any ex-Christian, isn't this faith vs. works doctrine debate evidence of biblical contradiction?

:Wendywhatever:

:Wendywhatever:

:begood:

only if you're wearing the Frank N furter costume...

I don't get it, I'm too young to know about an obscure 1970's cult horror/glam rock classic that starred Barry Bostwick and Susan Sarandon and Meat Loaf. I am so stupidly young.

Never seen the film, and Tim Curry was (and still is) frightening in all those nostalgia shots.

I have used the same analogy that you have used many times concerning this forum to my wife so I do understand it. I have said that continuing to come here is like hanging around with KKK members when you are black. You know you are hated for what you are and not for who you are because no one here is willing to take the time to know you. It is just so much easier to paint with that broad brush and dismiss other people as inferior human beings.

It really is very sad, but there are a few here worth wading through the rest to get to know.

"Oh the noez, everybody here hates me because I'm a Christian!" Can you drop the goddamn Christian persecution complex already? CHRISTIANITY IS THE MOST POPULAR RELIGION IN THE FUCKING WORLD, YOU ARE NOT BEING PERSECUTED. Oh, and I don't hate you because you're a Christian, I hate you because you're a goddamn asshole, so drop the fucking Christian persecution complex already, please? It just makes you look like a fucking sore loser. Oh and NEWSFLASH: nobody asked you to come here to fucking get to know us, so we have no obligation to be nice to you if we don't want to. THIS IS EX-CHRISTIAN.NET, IT IS FOR EX-CHRISTIANS, NOT A SOCIAL EVENT FOR YOU FUCKING XIANS. You don't see me going around to Christian forums and claim to be there to "get to know them" while cramming down my agnostic beliefs down their throats because that's what I believe, do you? No, you know why? Because it's dishonest, not to mention a fucking waste of time. Oh, and contrary to popular belief, but THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU, KRATOS. Maybe you need to take Socializing 101?

A fine broad brush comment about the majority here too..don't miss that :)

I don't get it, I'm too young to know about an obscure 1970's cult horror/glam rock classic that starred Barry Bostwick and Susan Sarandon and Meat Loaf. I am so stupidly young.

Never seen the film, and Tim Curry was (and still is) frightening in all those nostalgia shots.

God bless you child...

I'm sure full make up and a basque would make you forget all that silliness...

frank_in_lips.jpg

It would be more appealing if Susan Sarandon had worn it.

True...but it's not actually depraved then...

True...but it's not actually depraved then...

I dunno have you seen susan s nowadays? That would be sorta depraved.... LOL

I have said that continuing to come here is like hanging around with KKK members when you are black.

It's interesting to be compared to the KKK coming from someone with your views, Kratos.

You know you are hated for what you are and not for who you are because no one here is willing to take the time to know you. It is just so much easier to paint with that broad brush and dismiss other people as inferior human beings.

This IS the internet Kratos. It is very difficult to truly get to know someone. All we have to go on is from what you write. I never considered you inferior as a person (I don't know you), but have some reason to think you regard women as inferior because of some of your comments. You also seem to be enamoured with the Apostle Paul, which I can't understand, and you must know we don't appreciate, and your religious views are very contradictory. It's hard to understand why you continue to come here. :shrug:

Susan Sarandon pre-"Bull Durham", mucho nice. Post "Bull Durham" is a different tale entirely.

Susan Sarandon pre-"Bull Durham", mucho nice. Post "Bull Durham" is a different tale entirely.

They should make Susan S halloween masks... But alas... That would be too scary...

I'd kickher out of bed for making crumbs even now...but I'm notchoosy ;)

I'd kickher out of bed for making crumbs even now...but I'm notchoosy ;)

I wouldn't kick her out of bed, I would lay there screaming WTF????

GH,

A bigot as I understand them to be is someone who judges all people in a particular group the same without caring to know about them as individuals. Like you are toward Christians. Your last post is a classic example. You have no idea how I treat either my wife or daughter. But that does not stop you from assuming that I do not treat them well.

You continue to choose the weakest form of debate by attacking the person with no knowledge to back up your assumptions so that you can try to appear superior to them and their ideas.

And how many Ad hominems have you hurled at us huh? I never said you were inferior, I said I disagreed with your beliefs, and offered you a chance to defend your position, but you ignore questions you don't like and resort to playing the "bigot" card when people say things you don't like.

You want to make yourself out to be the innocent christian victim here, but the truth is that over the years I've had plenty of friends who held all sorts of religious beliefs (christian included), it is not your religion that ticks me off, as much as it is the smug superior tone with which you address us.

Some people here may be angry at you for your religious beliefs, but they have a right to be, after some of the crap they have been put through because of your religion, then you come and smugly tell us what we ought to be believing... If you really wanted to get to know us you would be trying to find out why we are so angry instead of calling us bigots (which is just a way to shut down any logical discourse)

If disagreeing with you makes be a bigot in your eyes then so be it. As I've pointed out before, the entire substance of your argument is based upon the idea that you are better than us. It takes a lot of gall to call us bigots after some of the things you have said on this board about us.

Using "GH" in my salutation showed I was only pointing out the bigotry in one member who just called me a bigot assuming things that he knows nothing about. Only wear the shoe if it fits.

Then I suggest you pick your words more carefully in the future, this sentence does not make it seem as if you were only addressing one person.

Using "GH" in my salutation showed I was only pointing out the bigotry in one member who just called me a bigot assuming things that he knows nothing about. Only wear the shoe if it fits.

How quite I am a 'bigot' since I'm simply taking your own beleifs and extrapolating them to what they mean in real world terms is one of those special 'KRatos' pieces of logic. You claim ALL women are 'privates' in the ranks of home dwelling, and that all gay people are sinners, simply based on your own biases and reading of a bronze age book. I take you at your word and I'm the bigot who paints with a large brush? ATM, All I see you doing is digging your own hole... and I'm just helping...

So, how am I a bigot, when I'm simply handing you STATED beliefs back? You're now to the stage even Universalists are denying you... all I do is irritate by reminding you of what you've said. you may change your mind, and then it will be water under the bridge. However, while it is a current state of affairs, I'll be here to remind you of who the REAL bigot is... the one who thinks all gays are sinners and all women are second class in the home by ordination of god... :D As I said, get used to a shadow, since every time you try to take some form of moral high ground, I'll be here... I don't sleep much... so it usually won't take me long to catch up...

Then I suggest you pick your words more carefully in the future, this sentence does not make it seem as if you were only addressing one person.

Oh it was a universal declamation... He gets pissy about Deva and Neon too... and anyone else who points out he's a nut job with an imaginary fried who tells him things...

If you are indeed addressing one person in particular, it would be helpful if you didn't include general provocative statements, such as "I have said that continuing to come here is like hanging around with KKK members when you are black". In the meantime, feel free to continue to ignore me. This woman can get uppity sometimes.

Oh, so it's wrong to compare everyone at this site to members of the KKK but comparing one person to a KKK member is perfectly A-OK just because they handed your beliefs back to you? Yeah, that suddenly makes you so much nicer now (sarcasm). If you were only referring to GH, then why didn't you specifically refer to GH instead of referring to this site as a whole? And last I checked, you were the one going around making assumptions about what Christians believed and why we believed what we did, not GH, so unless you have proof that GH's statements are false, then I think you owe him an apology and so far I've yet to see any evidence that's contrary to GH's posts.

Would someone please give a quote where I said women were second class or inferior. If not, I recommend that you do not "extrapolate" on what I believe to make blind judgments of how I treat my wife and daughter. It only makes the shoe fit as I said.

I am a Bible believing Christian and I would be a liar if I said that the Bible does not teach that homosexuality is a sin. If a person is not a Christian especially if they do not even think that God exists, why should this bother them? This does not make me a "homophobe" as a phobia indicates fear and I do not fear a persons sexual orientation. I believe in all being treated fairly in a secular society, but I also believe that government should not be allowed to dictate to religions what they must believe.

Finally, I have mentioned several times that I would participate on threads on these subjects if anyone is interested and understand if they are not. Unlike the forums where I moderate and am accused of censorship, this one does not allow all members to start threads. That is fine, but it is blatantly unfair for people to make accusations from ignorance about my wife and daughter when it is within their power to get the truth on the matter. But bigotry does prefer ignorance as labels are so much more convenient than treating people as individuals.

John