Goodbye Jesus

"Ex-Monkey"

Josalo

I'm curious as to the origin of your user name.

I have a pretty good idea about what it refers to. I would simply love to discuss it with you.

he was raised in the jungle by a pack of howler monkeys.

he was raised in the jungle by a pack of howler monkeys.

And now, he is in denial.

Hence the "Ex". :Hmm:

I'm curious as to the origin of your user name.

"Ex-Monkey" was originally a project by Paul Manata (who originally posted as "w.v.quine"), in which he posted sympathetically to the atheist position, primarily by insulting and criticising himself. The main objective, I believe, was to goad other members here into insulting him, which was most likely for a grand "exposé" of this forum that he had intended for his weblog. However, he betrayed his deception to Derek Sansone, who posted that information here.

Paul played it off as a big joke, and has kept the "Ex-Monkey" username for the new forum.

The comparison of "Ex-Christian" to "Ex-Monkey", I believe, with the characterization of Christians with monkeys, was just part of his original plan to falsely denigrate Christianity.

Guest Son of Belial
The comparison of "Ex-Christian" to "Ex-Monkey", I believe, with the characterization of Christians with monkeys, was just part of his original plan to falsely denigrate Christianity.

He specifically stated that it was an evolutionary reference. He later said that he realized that evolutionists do not really believe that man came from monkeys, but that "Ex-primate with similar ancestors to monkeys" was a bit too long of a name.

He specifically stated that it was an evolutionary reference. He later said that he realized that evolutionists do not really believe that man came from monkeys, but that "Ex-primate with similar ancestors to monkeys" was a bit too long of a name.

Eh. Ass-covering.

In fact he stated it to me on the transitory board.

I called him out on it when I told (and now I forgot who) that one should take comfort that his moniker made the usual mischaracterization of evolutionary theory.

It should be Talking Monkey...verbally slings shit and makes no sense

He's no relation to me, that's for sure. I'm the sex monkey, not the ex-monkey :HaHa:

He's no relation to me, that's for sure.  I'm the sex monkey, not the ex-monkey  :HaHa:

Well, I dunnoo...

sex-monkey

ex-monkey.

It's too close--see's SM grab the BBQ sauce--ERR, it's too close to call!

Merlin

It should be Talking Monkey...verbally slings shit and makes no sense

Hence the being raised by Howler monkeys!

The main objective, I believe, was to goad other members here into insulting him, which was most likely for a grand "exposé" of this forum that he had intended for his weblog.
Well, I have absolutely no problem insulting Paul. He's an ass.

But I'm sure his heart sank when, while still unaware of his trickery, I explained to his "Ex-Monkey" character that goading Paul Manata with insults while trying to engage an argument was not a good idea, because that's exactly what Paul wants us to do. I told him "Ex-Monkey" that Paul would like nothing more than to point at atheists and say, "Look, they can't argue without insulting me."

The irony, of course, is that's precisely what Paul was trying to get us to do by pretending to be Ex-Monkey, and it didn't work.

Thus proving my point: Paul Manata is an ass. It's not an argument against theism, mind you, but it's an observation based on his juvenile behavior.

On my blog recently I've been treating Paul very badly, because his constant and insistant refusal to give us his argument shows that he is either a fraud or a troll.

Paul has been demonstrated :

1. To be ignorant of basic mathematics

2. To be ignorant of basic neurology

3. To be a fraud or a troll because he refuses to disclose his argument, which I now think is entirely imaginary.

Well, I'm interested in seeing whether Paul turn up or not...

Maybe he'll be like Gastrich and "take the higher ground".

Bwahahaha ! Gastrich taking the "higher ground" ? Does that mean he climbs on his kitchen table when there's a mouse ?

I wonder if Paul will take the Flat earth road... Very intersting if that happened.