Goodbye Jesus

Anxiety Issues And Natural Supplements

Amethyst

I do fine under normal circumstances, but when I'm really stressed out, like at demanding jobs, I have anxiety issues. I've tried herbal supplements for a long time and some work better than others. I got something the other day called L-Theanine and it works a lot better than the other stuff I've tried, and unlike Valerian, it doesn't put me to sleep. St. John's Wort doesn't seem to have more than a mild effect on me. And L-Theanine doesn't have the risk of liver disease that Kava Kava does. I've tried various anti-stress mixes and herbal teas as well, they all work so-so on me.

Anyone know of any other good supplements that don't cost an arm and a leg?

I didn't know anything about L-Theanine, so after a quick search I found it's contained in green tea. I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress and happen to drink about 3 cups of green tea daily. I like mine strong, so I add 2 bags per cup. I really do find that after I drink the tea, I am more calm and this just might be due to the L-Theanine. I didn't have a clue that green tea had anything in it that was calming...I drink it for the other properties.

Also, I take 5-HTP 50 - 100 mgs, daily, and try to get more tryptophan in my diet. Other than that, if it's turning into a full fledge anxiety attack, I have to take Klonopin...when it seems nothing will calm me, and it's way too late to wait for something more natural to kick in.

For those who don't know, if you're low in tryptophan, you are more prone to general anxiety and depression....messes with the ol' seratonin level and what-not.

Sorry if not much help.

Best of luck.

I've got the hook up for dat shit.

Seriously though. I"m a nightmare. I'm always stressing out and I've got the goods.

You absolutely MUST get your hands on some natural GABA. I suggest a supplement that I buy once a month, called SOMATOMAX. I get it at my gym, but you can get it on Ebay for cheaper, like 37.99 compared to 54 to 79 bucks at the gym. You take it at night and you'll sleep like a freaking bear. You can also take smaller doses during the day for anxiety.

Also, a must have is 5HTP. I take 500mg daily. Target carries it for 8.99

You can also try GABA in combination with L-Dopa. Try bodybuilding.com for a list of different brands with customer reviews.

GOOD LUCK!

Seriously though. I"m a nightmare. I'm always stressing out and I've got the goods.

You absolutely MUST get your hands on some natural GABA. I suggest a supplement that I buy once a month, called SOMATOMAX. I get it at my gym, but you can get it on Ebay for cheaper, like 37.99 compared to 54 to 79 bucks at the gym. You take it at night and you'll sleep like a freaking bear. You can also take smaller doses during the day for anxiety.

You can also try GABA in combination with L-Dopa. Try bodybuilding.com for a list of different brands with customer reviews.

GOOD LUCK!

I actually have a prescription sleeping med, but TY. I'll try the 5HTP too.

GOOD LUCK!

I actually have a prescription sleeping med, but TY. I'll try the 5HTP too.

I took Seroquel for a long time, but it made me gain A LOT of weight. Since going off of it, I've lost 25 pounds.