Goodbye Jesus

Secular Sacred Cows

KickBall

As an ex Christian, I find it very disheartening sometimes when it seems to me that thodse who profess some sort of enlightenment regarding the falseness of Christianity or religion in general, take up their own causes, sacred cows and spread their own stereotypes regarding race, sex, gender, etc etc. For me, being an ex Christian does not mean that by default I then by into the exact supposed opposite. There are still many ideas, beliefs and assorted other material pushed, and sometimes enforced even by law in the secular world that piss me off as well, and many amount to nothing more than lies and distortions by nearly identical methods as Christianity. There are many flavors of Christian belief and denoms that upon close observation actually don't appear all that different than those who claim to be atheists, chiefly in terms of the things they espouse and hold near and dear. I don't by into 99% of the ideals espoused by the more liberal among us regarding race, men and women, economics, political things and other issues and many times I feel as disgusted with the sheer stupidity and phoniness of these people every bit as much as I feel that way towards Christians. The venom I feel for either is not mutually exclusive. Christianity has done alot of damage over the centuries, but I watch daily the damage done by unthinking politically correct secular fools in this nation as well. Especially their stereotypes which lead to their decisions and the drivel coming out of their mouths about issues such as race relations, men-women relationships, sex and gender, economics,global warming and politics in general. I am what I would call a 'libertarian' for the most part and I find those on the far left just as foolhearty, self absorbed and dangerous in many cases as I do those on the religious right. I mention all this because many times I feel like the odd man out because I notice many ex Christians or those who profess against it in the first place are just as stupid and fucked up, as well frankly as fanatical and tyrranical, with all their nonsense as the Christians are with their Biblical nonsense. Upon close observation, many supposed secularists also have a religion, though they'd deny it, their beliefs fit the criteria from top to bottom. I want to believe what I wish, live my life the way I see fit so long as I do no physical harm to others(and that does NOT include people whining that my beliefs 'hurt their feelings') and I do not wish secularists with their own, usually far left, agendas forcing it upon me via government regulation and law, any more than I want Christians, Muslims et al doing the same. Both groups do it, not just the named religious ones. Here's but one good sampling of the sort of leftist liberal oppression I can site, there's many others and they are slowly but surely encroaching on liberty...

http://cbs5.com/environment/garbage.monito...g.2.659044.html

I don't by into 99% of the ideals espoused by the more liberal among us regarding race, men and women, economics, political things and other issues and many times I feel as disgusted with the sheer stupidity and phoniness of these people every bit as much as I feel that way towards Christians.

Could you clarify what you mean by this exactly? Do you think it's okay to hate people based on skin color, gender or homosexuality, which are all things that are biological in nature?

Oh, and I agree completely, for one I have biracial children so I'd be in a hell of a position if I for some insane reason hated blacks. There's a good issue. The chiefly liberal viewpoint has created a mindset and a negative atmosphere on the racial issue by permitting racial hatred(by their own defenition) so long as it is directed only at whites. There's so much damn stereotyping by those who think that way that they can't even see their own hypocrisy in the matter, and I personally have been through some nightmarish troubles because of that warped and damaging perspective. Another problem is that the same people who dictate the very meaning of a word such as 'hate' have dumbed it down to even include someone being critical. Be critical of certain groups or the behaviour of a person who happens to be a minority, and that qualifies somehow as 'hate'. It's insanity and it is destructive. A reasonably intelligent and rational person knows what true hate is, and being critical doesn't qualify all by itself. Getting very Orwellian with some of it. Becomes a word game. 4 legs good, 2 legs bad...I for one don't believe in so-called 'reverse racism'. It is a silly term. Just racism is all that is needed and it springs forth from people of all colors.

You'll find that many of us curmudgeons here call into question all sacred cows, religious or not.

But then you have to deal with the paradox, what happens when calling out sacred cows becomes your sacred cow?

At some point you have to let some things slide off your back or you will just become the old crank on the corner that is pissed off at everyone.

Possible, but then again no one suggests that those who bring up injustice in the past just let it go lest they become old cranks. Again, seems just to be a matter of who it's being done to.

Who is bringing up past injustices? Seems like you are ranting about PCisms. You will likely find a lot here who will agree with you on that.

What I mean is Vigile, people in the past who have brought about real change, not me. No doubt there are people on here who don't go for the PCisms.

you will just become the old crank on the corner that is pissed off at everyone.

You called?

Fuck, I am turning into one of those...

Yesterday, I told one of my students he was "reinforcing the stereotype". He gave that typical deer-in-the-headlights, blank stare and I informed that many people think Native Americans are lazy. He thought for a second and just rebelled further screaming "it's my life" like he was imitating Jon Bon Jovi or something. Reasoning with teenagers is waving a steak in front of a starved mutt some days.

Oh, and I agree completely, for one I have biracial children so I'd be in a hell of a position if I for some insane reason hated blacks. There's a good issue. The chiefly liberal viewpoint has created a mindset and a negative atmosphere on the racial issue by permitting racial hatred(by their own defenition) so long as it is directed only at whites. There's so much damn stereotyping by those who think that way that they can't even see their own hypocrisy in the matter, and I personally have been through some nightmarish troubles because of that warped and damaging perspective. Another problem is that the same people who dictate the very meaning of a word such as 'hate' have dumbed it down to even include someone being critical. Be critical of certain groups or the behaviour of a person who happens to be a minority, and that qualifies somehow as 'hate'. It's insanity and it is destructive. A reasonably intelligent and rational person knows what true hate is, and being critical doesn't qualify all by itself. Getting very Orwellian with some of it. Becomes a word game. 4 legs good, 2 legs bad...I for one don't believe in so-called 'reverse racism'. It is a silly term. Just racism is all that is needed and it springs forth from people of all colors.

Okay. I think that it is one thing to judge an individual on his or her behavior, and another to judge an entire group by the actions of a few. I don't think ANY racism is good -- to judge people by their skin color is wrong. I personally haven't seen much on this site of people judging anyone by skin color. For the most part, people here go by a person's behavior, but that's also necessary due to the nature of these forums.

You can spot an arse by their works, and being an arse is no respecter of colour or creed... I've know sound people of all stripes, even the sole sound one from generations and tirbes of arses probably dating back to the Viking invasion... I've known sound Christians and arsewipe atheists, sound and idiot Islamics, Musilms and Jews... From Central Africa to Meso American via the Antiopodes and Asian rim of fire... world falls into two camps, sound and arses... that's it.

... world falls into two camps, sound and arses... that's it.

...people is people...

You guys all make great points and that's what I believe in my own mind as well. What you said Gradnpa Harley about 2 camps, sound or arses seems exactly to be the case on a whole host of issues. I just want to live free and without hurting anyone else feel I should be able to do so. As far as specifically regards the race issue at least in America, the bad history cannot be denied as to what befell blacks and to be fair I think even worse befell the Indians. Some of the things that were perpetrated on the Indians is shameful, but we all know about it by now I would hope. What I find to be a major problem today is the manipulative leaders in our government as well as the media who have for so long worked overtime to stir up racial tensions. Seems to be a divide and conquer strategy. I may not be telling you guys a damn thing you aren't already aware of, but right now I have had something pretty heinous perpetrated on me coming from the other direction. Racism is rotten no matter whom it comes from or is directed at, but that is an ideal that is often not portrayed in our media here and some of that sort of misguided thinking has seeped it's rot into our courts as well. I have personally been dealing with a court case for the past 2 years that is one reason I have become so attuned to some of this, and right now feel overwhelmed enough by the things going on in it that I find it beyond difficult to even clearly express it. Let there be no doubt however there is alot of misguided judicial activism going on in our courts and some of it is downright deadly. Even though it is not the focal point of my particular case, I do find it ironic that Christians are yet again involved in doing me harm, in this case by lying about me from the stand and one of them actually having the fucking gaul to claim jeebus in the process of doing it. Was all I could do to remain calm. What's more, the judge apparently fell for it. praise fucking jeebus eh.

Upon close observation, many supposed secularists also have a religion, though they'd deny it, their beliefs fit the criteria from top to bottom.

My bullshit detector is going off. This statement needs some support.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but you come off a lot like Bill O'Reilly.

Blocks of text.....painful.

Paragraphs are our friends

Upon close observation, many supposed secularists also have a religion, though they'd deny it, their beliefs fit the criteria from top to bottom.

My bullshit detector is going off. This statement needs some support.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but you come off a lot like Bill O'Reilly.

If you work your way down through the thread, to the post right above yours, Ro-Bear, I think you'll get some idea of what we've got here. Sounds like something terrible happened in Kickball's life--something to do with a Christian lying in court in the name of Jesus, something about biracial kids. Races involved seems to be black and white (I don't know politically correct terms and I get the sense it's not terribly important right now). And we have a seriously distraught parent. Is that about the size of it Kickball?