Goodbye Jesus

Baby Bible Bashers #2

webmdave

• Admin

Last week we talked about this program and saw some clips. This week the entire program is available on YouTube.

Comments?

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2008/02...-bashers-2.html

I have never understood how adults can condone this. You can teach a kid to spout rhetoric and to repeat cliches and whatnot, but what the hell do they know about real life?

Then again...it seems most Xians don't really know about real life...

I'm not geared to take instructions from eight year olds. I have a personality that totally rejects such things as being STUPID! Kids are spending time quoting what their parents have told them.. Their minds are perverted against humanity before they are adults. This is sad.

I wish I had the opportunity to connect with the child as a person and open discussion about a topic on the level of the child's intellectual capacity. Get the child to talk out his/her own experience and knowledge and ideas. Stimulate some actual thought.

In the original discussion on the Main Blog the point was raised that Jesus said something about "out of the mouth of babes..." I think that should also be applied when four and seven-year-olds tell their parents that the talking snake isn't real, etc.

Somehow, this "out of the mouth of babes" thing works only one-way so far as xians are concerned; they seemingly can't hear it when the message doesn't mesh with the template inside their brains. With reference to adult preachers, someone on the Main Blog asked whether they are "bearded children."

Scary, scary stuff.

I've already given my opinion on this in the previous discussion and I still think it's totally sickening for a young child to be preaching to an adult about a subject that is far above the level of understanding that that child would have. I think it's even sicker that the x-tian majority would give the approval for this twisted nonsense.

Makes one ask about the biblical rule about "Children respect your elders." It's totally not respectful, in my opinion, for a child to instruct an adult on his or her sins.

It's not respectful of an adult, either. Like Gramps keeps saying, he can't tolerate anyone who tells him he's a sinner. There's little that sets my teeth on edge than the pious intonation that "we ALL have sinned....." Like, YOU DON'T KNOW ME! So quit telling me stuff about me that you don't know.

But having it come from little children--it's beyond sad or outrageous. It's sick and it's twisted nonsense but I cannot convince myself that the children themselves are exactly responsible. That's what makes me want to salvage the child by whatever means possible.

Not that I'll ever be in a position to do it...

I think this isn't the fault of the children, but the parents. These kids obviously don't understand what they're preaching, they're just robots that echo whatever their parents tell them and think it's right purely because an adult says it's right. They're at the age where they can be easily manipulated to believe anything, and their parents are taking advantage of that and destroying their free will and human rights in the process.

And you have to wonder what kind of education these kids are getting. Probably no actual science of any kind.

Does anyone even begin to fantasize that a seven-year-old really understands what abortion really is? Clearly, these are just little kids mimicing their grownups.

Many years (maybe 30 or more) ago, I remember seeing a TV interview with a man who had been one of those baby preachers, and had apparently been rather famous. He said that, as a child, he had a gift for memorization, and that he would simply memorize and recite sermons. People thought that it was "real," but he never really understood what he was saying. He had long since given up on religion. I don't remember his name, and I was in the church at the time, so I probably didn't catch all of what he really meant about religion.

We got a little Billy Sunday roving around now, isn't that a fine kettle of fish?

It is twisted to have this innocent spout out incoherent nonsense to people that would likely ignore him anyway. Don't some folks operate on the precept, "children are meant to be seen, not heard". We the sheeple condone it, therefore the establishment condones it. This little kid should be left to daydream with his crayons and his Tonka trucks, not spouting audacious pronouncements about how those women are hellbound for being harlots.

Sadly, this is NOT against the law. If the parents lived in a meth house, then it might be different.

Children should never have to “perform” like this, it is child abuse; it’s bad enough they encourage children to stand in front of a church and mimic being saved, but this is much worse. Why is it that a seventeen year old “is confused and doesn’t know what they want” when they come out as gay, but a three year old spouting off about how much Jesus loves them is “wise beyond his years?”

Did anyone note the discussion in part 3 (9:13) where the Brazilian pastor talks of his daughter?

"She is an obedient daughter, both to God and me. This means we can be very close to each other. We sleep together, we wake up together, we live together. We can't bear to be apart."

Now, if you ask me. there's a sense of ambiguity to this comment, to which I'm sure could be taken as an implication to sexual intimacy, or sharing the same household as a whole. I'll assume that it is the former, because after all, what other reason would a man need to sleep with his own daughter?