Goodbye Jesus

Those Crazy Fucked Up Christian T-shirts!

Gobbler

:rolleyes: Yea, c'mon you wore them didn't you! Back in my fundy days I would wear one if I found a good one at the local christian book store. Now they just irritate the hell out of me! You know the ones, "This bloods for you", or "No pain, no gain" with christ on a stick all bloody and battered to a pulp. Or the one that really gets my goat is "Eternity, smoking or non-smoking?" Well, if they really believed that they would be preaching to everyone they came across 24/7! I used to wear this navy blue t-shirt that had "SECURITY" in bold yellow letters. Of course it had a small bible verse in relation to eternal security of our souls to correspond to it but you couldn't see it unless you were up close. One day I was wearing it at local high school orchestra concert in which some of my sunday school kids were playing. It was in a park setting with woods and a nearby stream. I was just milling around in the background when all of sudden I heard this lady yelling "Security, security!" and running up to me. She said, "Sir, you need to stop those kids over there from playing in the stream, they might drown!" I just looked at her like, WTF? Then I realized she had mistaken me for an actual security guard so I sheepishly told her that was not the case and it was only a t-shirt. I laughed my ass off afterwards though! Now I feel like such a dumbshit for wearing that idiotic propaganda!

The one I used to wear all the time was the "Go Against The Flow" T-shirt. Most kids got the white t-shirt with the cartoony underwater scene (xtian fish swimming in the opposite direction of all the other weird looking fish). I was the only one at the Bible camp store to buy the black one. I told others I thought the black background set off the underwater scene better.

But now we all know better, don't we?..... the black t-shirt matched my black unchristian soul!!!!!

"No pain, no gain" with christ on a stick all bloody and battered to a pulp.

Eww...I wore that one, plus one that said, "See Jonny high, See Jonny fly, See Jonny die, See Jonny fry...Don't be a Jonny!"

Petra t-shirts, had a few of those and wore them constantly.

The most embarassing one was, "Non-drinkers drive anytime they want to!"

The one I used to wear all the time was the "Go Against The Flow" T-shirt. Most kids got the white t-shirt with the cartoony underwater scene (xtian fish swimming in the opposite direction of all the other weird looking fish).

Oh man, that was me. I had that exact shirt. In fact, christian t-shirts were the ONLY t-shirts I wore with the exception of a few marching band shirts.

I was a real lady-killer...

Back in my day they only the fish ones with B.A.C. over the fish (Born Again Christian).

But the one I thought was hilarious first time I saw it had a picture of the crucifixion and it said, "Body Piercing Saved My Life."

They used to give those Christian t-shirts to the kids in the youth group at summer camp, but even as a Christian, I always thought they were kind of cheesy and embarrassing and I never wore them.

I was very selective about my Christian shirts. I did have the go against the flow one, and still think it's a good one. All the hell fire and brimstone ones were pretty messed up though.

OH HOW EMBARRASSING! I had the Intel logo only it said, Jesus inside. I'm just shaking my head going, nooooo. Noooooo. Make it stop!

I must have been so annoying. Sheesh! Glad I got a clue. :Doh:

CelloChick

Just for a bit of contrast, I started wearing shirts with religious motives after deconverting, with motives of Asatru. Well, two of them that is. One simply shows the Eldaring emblem (that's the association where most German Asatruar unite :) ), the other Odin's ravens playing with a certain fish they're planning to have for dinner... :pureevil:

The one I used to wear all the time was the "Go Against The Flow" T-shirt.

Aw man, I had that one too! It was a pullover sweatshirt.

Oddly enough, I've actually been considering getting a "Missionary Dating Saved Me" shirt, because missionary dating really did save me - it saved me from a lifetime of mindless slavery to the fundie Xian meme! Glory!! :woohoo:

Back in my day they only the fish ones with B.A.C. over the fish (Born Again Christian).

But the one I thought was hilarious first time I saw it had a picture of the crucifixion and it said, "Body Piercing Saved My Life."

Strange to say, I know the Graphic designer behind that one...

Strange to say, I know the Graphic designer behind that one...

Michaelangelo, Gramps? :lmao:

Just kidding. I'm older than you.

Interesting that you should bring up this topic now (at least interesting for me).

I watched Jesus Camp for the first time a few weeks ago. While watching, I noticed the kid wearing a shirt that said "Jesus" with the graphics stolen from the "Reeses" logo. That shirt, some others I've seen around, and some of the 'cutesie' church signs I've seen made me wonder if christians EVER come up with an original idea? It just struck me that not only are most of their bible stories stolen from other places, but their propaganda seems to be stolen too.

Guess I'm lucky - never wore an xtian t shirt.

I had two that I remember. The first was a t-shirt advertising my church; the second was a WWJD t-shirt I wore in middle school. WWJD madness was popular around that time.

I had some of these in my teenage years.

'Hell ain't cool' with the word hell in fire and the word cool in ice, which I thought was really funny at the time.

'Megalife through prayer', which looked like a megadeth t-shirt (I was a heavy metal fan at the time)

And another one that I can't quite remember. I think it was along the lines of 'warrior for Christ' or 'soldier for Christ' with a bible passage (ugh!)

Guest brookacton

i had a newsboys teashirt that had captain crunch on the front and it said, "they don't serve breakfast in hell" on the back.

come to think of it, i've never really been much of a breakfast eater anyway. haaa.

Hmm I didn't really have many, always been of the opinion that "statement" t-shirts are kinda lame. But I did have one from missions that I still where, said "Mexico Para Christo" and had this big friggin Haysoos on the back hovering above a map of Meh-heeko.

By the way Mexico blows.

I had so many that I've lost track of exactly what each of them were - for a while my wardrobe was one of the aforementioned tees, and broom-skirt.

I do remember a few though, "Abortion is Homocide" (funny, now that I'm pro-choice), "Created to worship" (piano edition), "Lord of the Kings" (LOTR knock-off), one with all the different Hebrew and Greek "biblical" names for Christ, "1 cross + 3 nails = 4given", one that had the word "Submission" emblazoned across the front (again, funny considering even then I hated the concept of submission - I wore it to try to "train" myself to be okay with it), I'm sure there were others - I've just blocked them out of my memory.

It was a good day though, when I took all of them, doused them in lighter fluid, and set them on fire in the barbecue pit in my back yard.

I had so many that I've lost track of exactly what each of them were - for a while my wardrobe was one of the aforementioned tees, and broom-skirt.

I do remember a few though, "Abortion is Homocide" (funny, now that I'm pro-choice), "Created to worship" (piano edition), "Lord of the Kings" (LOTR knock-off), one with all the different Hebrew and Greek "biblical" names for Christ, "1 cross + 3 nails = 4given", one that had the word "Submission" emblazoned across the front (again, funny considering even then I hated the concept of submission - I wore it to try to "train" myself to be okay with it), I'm sure there were others - I've just blocked them out of my memory.

It was a good day though, when I took all of them, doused them in lighter fluid, and set them on fire in the barbecue pit in my back yard.

Never much for Christian shirts but I did have one with the intel sign...only it it said "Evil Inside". I wasn't a very good Christian to be honest. :lmao:

Quoted the wrong comment above...oops :P

I don't remember having any x-tian t-shirts, but I had cross jewelry courtesy of my Mom. She couldn't go anywhere without having a cross around her neck and expected me to do likewise. I had wooden crosses and every kind of cheap jewelry crosses you could imagine. Prior to my parents conversion, when we were a catholic household, it was medals of our patron saints, and rings. That stuff is (supposed??) to protect you. Where do people get those ideas!!

I'm a big guy...

At just shy of 6' not the tallest, but I've got a 56 inch chest and a long trunk to try and cover with a T-shirt.

Wide across shoulders, makes most t-shirts impossible to wear without "gaposis", exposure of the hairy manbelly..

Aint'a gonna happen, too many Sasquatch hunters as it is, not giving them fair game..

Folks lay the t-shirts out, youth group and young adults take 'um home and WEAR DEM FO' JEEeeEEEeEEEEEEBUZ!

Umm, made great shop rags for me. not a message shirt wearer. If I've not earned a hat, patch, or shirt from some outfit, it goes into my collection, but never worn. (Fire, .mil, .gov, etc.)

JeEeEeEeeEEEEEEEBUZ shirts same for me. message just pissed me off, and in turn shirts after washing shrunk like 20 sizes beyond not fitting my 19 inch neck...

"Nahh, thanks, give that 3X to a kid who needs a sleeping shirt, it won't fit me.." "OMG, how EVER will you proclaim the GOOD NEWS?"

"Uhhh, being able to breathe?"

kL

Okay I'm about the reveal how old I am. The only one I can remember owning was in the 70's, it was in the style of the Coca Cola logo and said Jesus is the Real Thing. I'm pretty sure my mom bought it for me at a Jesus Festival. Anyone remember those? Oh the good old days.

Aaaak.

Heather

But you werent a real christian unless you had one of these:

lordsgym.jpg

OH SHIT! THAT'S the one I had! That's right...I actually didn't remember correctly, but the back of that one was:

lordsgym-white.jpg