Goodbye Jesus

Those Crazy Fucked Up Christian T-shirts!

Gobbler

Guess I'm lucky - never wore an xtian t shirt.

Me, neither.

I had two that I remember. The first was a t-shirt advertising my church; the second was a WWJD t-shirt I wore in middle school. WWJD madness was popular around that time.

Whoops! :Doh: Spoke too soon; I did have a 40th anniversary t-shirt from my church in high school. No WWJD or slogans, though.

Interesting that you should bring up this topic now (at least interesting for me).

I watched Jesus Camp for the first time a few weeks ago. While watching, I noticed the kid wearing a shirt that said "Jesus" with the graphics stolen from the "Reeses" logo. That shirt, some others I've seen around, and some of the 'cutesie' church signs I've seen made me wonder if christians EVER come up with an original idea? It just struck me that not only are most of their bible stories stolen from other places, but their propaganda seems to be stolen too.

I often wonder how the first century christians would view the ever increasing commercialization of modern day christianity? The differences are night and day if you ask me and in part led to my deconversion. I mean is jesus just as tasty as an reeses peanut butter cup? Hell no! I have to draw the line there! :nono:

I had a "WWJD" t-shirt, that I bought.

Afterwards, I realized that I could also say, "Who Wants Jelly Doughnuts?"... so I kept it. But that's just me...

Interesting that you should bring up this topic now (at least interesting for me).

I watched Jesus Camp for the first time a few weeks ago. While watching, I noticed the kid wearing a shirt that said "Jesus" with the graphics stolen from the "Reeses" logo. That shirt, some others I've seen around, and some of the 'cutesie' church signs I've seen made me wonder if christians EVER come up with an original idea? It just struck me that not only are most of their bible stories stolen from other places, but their propaganda seems to be stolen too.

I often wonder how the first century christians would view the ever increasing commercialization of modern day christianity? The differences are night and day if you ask me and in part led to my deconversion. I mean is jesus just as tasty as an reeses peanut butter cup? Hell no! I have to draw the line there! :nono:

Yes, it's sort of funny how so many people had the same shirts. Salvation Sale--all apparel now 50% off!

I never had any, though. The closest I came was the t-shirt from my diocesan youth leadership conference. But unless you were there, you'd have no idea that SHYCON '98 was Super Holy Future Church Leaders Have Lunch With The Bishop Day.

Oh, and as a connoisseur of Jesus-flesh, I must agree--he is nowhere near as tasty as a Reeses. And according the the Catholic Church, there are plenty of wrong ways to eat a Jesus.

Xtian T-shirts really were too expensive for me, so I wore cheap WWJD jewelery. My mother had a xtian shirt though and it advertised the Baptist church we went to. It was kind of tasteful as it was navy blue with just a gold cross with a crown on thorns on the middle of the cross, with no gore or blood on it. My mother gained weight and couldn't fit into the shirt anymore so she gave it to me. I found it last month while getting rid of old clothes. It's a 3X and I remember how baggy it was on me. Once when I wore it with my WWJD jewelry and shorts I heard guys shouting "Hey retard can you walk on water ?! Jesus thinks you're special and wants to fuck you!" while I walked down the street. After that incident I just wore it as a pajama top as I felt strange advertising a church. These days I don't like to wear shirts with anything I feel is advertising anything I feel is harmful or capitalists. I don't mind wearing anime, rockstar, cute sayings, or college logo shirts, but Jeebus or Abecrombie you will never see me wearing. :nono:

Oh, and as a connoisseur of Jesus-flesh, I must agree--he is nowhere near as tasty as a Reeses. And according the the Catholic Church, there are plenty of wrong ways to eat a Jesus.

lolyFnH6e.jpg

I had a "WWJD" t-shirt, that I bought.

Afterwards, I realized that I could also say, "Who Wants Jelly Doughnuts?"... so I kept it. But that's just me...

The WWJD thing kind of died down here when a lot of kids started saying is stood for "We want Jack Daniels".

Ashamed to say, I once bought my son a t-shirt that said "A Bread Crumb and Fish" (Abercrombie & Fitch rip off). Fortunately he didn't like it and would not wear it.

The t's that I wore in high school back in the '70s were Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc., even though I was a fundy xian then.

The t's that I wore in high school back in the '70s were Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc., even though I was a fundy xian then.

I actually had a Black Sabbath Born Again shirt. It rocked!

SabbathBorn.jpg

Sorry but Christian t-shirts were too cheesy for me... I wouldn't have been caught dead in one.

Yeah yeah I know, I guess that means I was never a True Christian ™ :lmao:

If I had had the money, I totally would have gotten one of them. I wanted quite a few.... but the only Xtian shirts I have are from Bible camp. :/

I don't remember having any x-tian t-shirts, but I had cross jewelry courtesy of my Mom. She couldn't go anywhere without having a cross around her neck and expected me to do likewise. I had wooden crosses and every kind of cheap jewelry crosses you could imagine. Prior to my parents conversion, when we were a catholic household, it was medals of our patron saints, and rings. That stuff is (supposed??) to protect you. Where do people get those ideas!!

I never had any x-tian t-shirts either! But like you, I had a ton of crosses & crucifixes. And I used to like to wear my miraculous medal too, LOL. I still have one Celtic cross that I like to wear -- but only because the Celtic cross pre-dates Christianity and there's really nothing inherently Christian about it. (Plus it's really cool.) :)

I had several in my 20s when still xian, but most were worn to church functions anyway. I had two from Answers in Genesis. One had an illustration of the days of creation with bible verses. Another had whales and sea creatures and verses. It seems I also had the "no pain, no gain" with jesus all bloody, but I forget. I don't think I actually got around to wearing that one. I had a couple others over time, including one I bought from a mission trip :Doh: I think they went or will go into a yard sale. How embarrasing to have worn those!

YES!! one stupid embarrassing thing I never did. I always figured that if the heathens could not tell then it was probably better I not advertise.

lol, I never wore any, but I always wanted some when I was about 12 and under.

I really want some of these though. They'd make my mom's eyes bleed.

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/atheism/-/pv_...pt_/fpt_/c_360/

There's a lot more, that are pretty damn blasphemous, but apparently, I don't have them saved.

I actually own this one:

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/recovering+fu...SH_P___e/c_361/

Christian t shirts always made me cringe, even when I was a Christian. I did associate with a lot of people who did wear them though.