Goodbye Jesus

God's Mysterious Ways

Neon Genesis

Whenever I debate with Christians, a common response I'll get when they don't know the answer to my questions is that God's ways are mysterious and that he's so magically above our ways that we can't possibly understand him and this is supposed to magically answer all questions about the bible somehow. But if God's ways are indeed mysterious, why do you xians even come to this site to explain God's ways to us to begin with? One minute you'll be explaining God's ways to us by telling us what God commands us to do, but the minute you don't have an answer to something, you turn around and say that God's ways are above our understanding. If God's ways are above our understanding, how can you understand God's ways to explain to us what he commands us to do? Besides which, doesn't the bible say to be prepared to always have an answer to defend your faith? If God's ways are mysterious, then you can't always be prepared to have an answer, and since it's God's fault for being too mysterious for us, then is God leading you into sin by disobeying the bible's command to always be prepared? Furthermore, the bible also says that God is not the author of confusion, so how can God's ways be impossible to be understood yet at the same time not be confusing? And isn't it disrespectful for you as a Christian to blame the God you worship for not giving you enough answers? Isn't that called "shifting the blame"?

Excellent questions, Neon. These are questions that keep well. There are no answers for them so they won't be spoiled with answers. They will keep well.

Christians have something they call faith. The more impossible it is to believe something, the stronger their faith is if they believe it. That is how their logic seems to go. I don't know if they actually believe the stuff as in "It makes sense in their minds." I'm not even sure if they know what it means when something makes sense. Maybe "making sense" just means to them that it fits in with the way things have always been said and done. Correct doctrine as passed down from to them, so anything that fits in with it "makes sense," and anything that doesn't fit in doesn't make sense. I really don't know. When I ask how it makes sense they have no answer but they sure insist that it makes sense to THEM!