Goodbye Jesus

Another Hell Thread

GraphicsGuy

We are all deserving of Hell, and so therefore, you are deserving since you fit in the "all" category. :shrug:

Who's to blame? God created us that way. If anyone deserves anything, it's God who deserves to get off his high horses and get rid of that pride that stops him from commune with his own creation. Sounds like he suffers from postpartum depression, or something...

God created us with no sin. Adam, sinned by eating of the apple, and therefore brought sin into himself, and being the representative for mankind, brought sin into all mankind. So, who's to blame? I would say mankind. Quite frankly, I would think that it is us who need to get off our high horses and get rid of that pride that stops us from communing with our Creator. Sounds like they suffer from rebellion, or something...

Phrasing the question in such a way as to make it seem like a personal attack on you if someone says yes is unfortunate. The question instead should be instead are all of us deserving of Hell, and I will again submit that yes, we are.

And again I can submit that's a stupid religion. The only reason why that is a common theme in several religions, is just the same thing cult leaders us: fear. It keeps the members under control. It makes people afraid of leaving. We have several members on this site that went through a tough period, because they were scared of Hell. So in essence, they were believers because of Hell, not because of anything else.

WalkTheHawk, consider this. Why is it so important to You, personally, why you have to be saved from Hell? Is that a self-preservation response or is it "love" (as many Christians wants it to be)?

---edit---

And Acorn, honestly, you live in a fantasy.

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a healthy fear of God's judgment. I mean, it isn't like this is a slap on the wrist for crying out loud. I went through a period, a rather lengthy one, where I was constantly afraid of whether or not I was truly saved from such a fate. It took a while for me to get it through my head that Jesus covers all sins, and that I can trust him alone for my salvation. Many churches do screw up the doctrine of salvation to make there members to not be confident of there position, and that is a crying shame. I would say that had more to do with the trouble we see today, that you spoke of, then the existence of Hell itself.

In response to your question, you make it sound like self-preservation is a bad thing. Second, Christianity is about more than "self-preservation", and again, we have many American churches to blame for people believing that is what it is all about. Third, exactly what do you mean by "love" in this context?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walkthehawk

• Neon Genesis

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are all deserving of Hell, and so therefore, you are deserving since you fit in the "all" category. :shrug:

Phrasing the question in such a way as to make it seem like a personal attack on you if someone says yes is unfortunate. The question instead should be instead are all of us deserving of Hell, and I will again submit that yes, we are.

Not bad for a first post huh? Hello everyone!

You speak for yourself you raping, child traducing dick head...

And I did what to you to deserve this comment because...?

God created us with no sin. Adam, sinned by eating of the apple, and therefore brought sin into himself, and being the representative for mankind, brought sin into all mankind. So, who's to blame? I would say mankind.
Liar. That's not what Isaiah 45:7 says.

I FORM THE LIGHT, AND CREATE DARKNESS: I MAKE PEACE, AND CREATE EVIL: I THE LORD DO ALL THESE THINGS.
Your own bible says that God created evil, so don't you dare lie to us and tell us that it's our fault.

Neon Genesis, I want to read your post a bit more thoroughly before I respond, because it is bed time for me, but until then I will say the following. Since you have used all the passages from Scripture concerning judging and planks in eyes and so forth, I want you to do me a favor. Decide right now that you will no longer tell anyone that they are doing anything wrong. To heck with the topic of religion for the moment. Don't say that someone has a character flaw that they need to fix, do not do that until you have taken care of all your character flaws, be sure not to cast any stones, not even to easy targets like Brittany Spears. Because if you do, then you have no more right to use those Scriptures in your argument than you suppose I do. Not that I would use them in the way you did, because you have such a completely different interpretation of what those passages mean than what they actually mean (and if you want to open up another thread to debate that, by all means do so, but this is a debate about Hell, so let's keep it that way).

Until next time everyone, have a wonderful day tomorrow.

See my post to The-Doctor in response to your claim that this is somehow a surefire way of gaging that someone has little to no compassion.

OMG...I never said it was a "surefire" method of gauging compassion nor do I even think that it is.

The question is, "do I deserve to go to hell for eternity.

You are telling me that you could look a non-Christian/non-believer friend in the face and tell them that they deserve to go to hell for eternity???????????????

Now get this clue as well. I wasn't trying to gauge human compassion. I basically can already tell you that MOST human beings will say that nobody deserves hell for eternity.

The next question is: Why does the Christian God seem to have less compassion than most human beings? The Bible is supposedly his holy word and it says that we are deserving of the eternal flames of hell.

God created us with no sin.Adam, sinned by eating of the apple, and therefore brought sin into himself, and being the representative for mankind, brought sin into all mankind. So, who's to blame? I would say mankind. Quite frankly, I would think that it is us who need to get off our high horses and get rid of that pride that stops us from communing with our Creator. Sounds like they suffer from rebellion, or something...

Yet God knew it would all happen in the first place.

God made the fruit. God made the talking-snake. God made the people.

God set the stage, set the dilemma, and left the scene.

Gee...do you really think he was surprised?????

Decide right now that you will no longer tell anyone that they are doing anything wrong. To heck with the topic of religion for the moment. Don't say that someone has a character flaw that they need to fix, do not do that until you have taken care of all your character flaws, be sure not to cast any stones, not even to easy targets like Brittany Spears. Because if you do, then you have no more right to use those Scriptures in your argument than you suppose I do. Not that I would use them in the way you did, because you have such a completely different interpretation of what those passages mean than what they actually mean (and if you want to open up another thread to debate that, by all means do so, but this is a debate about Hell, so let's keep it that way).

There's a big difference between me offering constructive criticism to someone with a character flaw and you damning us all to hell unless we do what you say, and that's I don't demand that they have to follow my advice. I merely offer my advice and if they don't want to follow it, then that's their own shit to deal with, not mine and I move on to handle my own life, nor do I torture them for all eternity if they don't listen to me. And quite frankly, I don't give a shit about Britney Spears, so why would I bother complaining about her? But you consider it your own personal business to butt into other people's lives and tell us to be clones of yourself, then when someone tells you to fuck off, instead of moving on with your own personal life like adults do, you start complaining, like some three year old that demands us to give them that toy they want and starts whining when they don't get their way. So can you grow up when you find out that the real world does not revolve around you, please? To quote Sojourner from another thread on these forums, "you cannot love your neighbor as yourself if you think you are saved and enlightened but others are not saved and enlightened."

And we don't believe in your bullshit bible, so unless you have proof that your views of the bible's scriptures are correct, then your whining in your posts means nothing to us, so proof of the scripture's authority is most certainly relevant to the discussion in this thread, since what we are discussing is a teaching in biblical scripture. And if there's a right or wrong way to read the scripture, then why can't Christians ever agree on what the meaning of the scripture says? If God is all-knowing, why didn't he use his magical powers to make sure his holy word was clear enough for us to understand? Surely wouldn't such an all-knowing God had realized ahead of time that we wouldn't have been able to comprehend his teachings?

But yes, in light of what Jesus supposedly did for us on the cross, all of us exChristians most definitely deserve to spend eternity in hell for rejecting his gift of salvation. The Bible says it. The Christians believe it. At least, some of them do. And they preach it too if memory serves.

If you were an Ex, then at one time you had to receive that gift. Its nonrefundable :grin: Once a child always a child. If God is God, the God that I serve, He doesnt turn His back. But, He will not disrespect your wishes either to believe what you believe. Always working in those unimaginable, branches in search for His own. He knows those that are His. And I think the thoughts of man/woman, are secret to God access only. Only God really knows the eternal destination for His own.

Acorn, that god does not exist. For more years than many here have been alive I desperately believed that there was evidence of his existence if only I looked hard enough in the right places. Today there is nothing I wish for more than to be united in love with my family. I firmly believe that if god materializes and evidences his reality so that I can believe in him, that I can be reconciled to my family. I have believed and wished this for a long time and your god has not honoured or respected those wishes or beliefs no matter how strong or fervert or unabatingly earnest my faith and wishes are. YOUR GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

You proved it yourself. I never knew as surely as I do now by reading your post. You gave me the evidence yourself. Read my other posts of today and you will see what I mean.

Maybe some other god exists but yours most certainly doesn't. I've been reading your posts. You're a Christian by all normal standards and the United States of America is a Christian nation by those same standards. I was forced out of Christianity because it refused--like you do--to answer central questions while at the same time insisting that I profess to believe unbelievable crap. Nobody--NOBODY--has searched longer and harder and more earnestly and more sincerely with more dedication or focus to find and understand Christian theology and its god than I have. Others on here have searched just as hard. And they have come to similar conclusions. You--and your fellow fundies--have not searched as hard. If you had, you would not be pushing the insensitive crap you're pushing. You would not be pounding nails into the hand and feet of truth-lovers and crucifying Christ afresh.

Yes you are crucifying Christ afresh when you commit these abominable attrocities in his name. You can count on it. You are piercing his side and the fount of redeeming water and blood is not flowing on you--you can count on that, too. It's flowing on your victims whom you hate so much because you can't tolerate the truth. If you read the NT, Jesus did not favour god's darlings. He favoured the faithful. How many times did he marvel at a non-Jewish person's faith and say, "I have not seen such faith--no not in Israel"? He healed the daughter of the Phoenician woman, the servant of the Roman centurian, a foreign leper. I'm sure there were others. He talked with the Samaritan woman at the well.

You profess to worship Christ. Begin to follow his example.

Yes, officially, I am an exChristian. I know the Bible inside out and I know what Christians believe and why. I've been studying theology formally for several years now. One thing I cannot do is quote long passages of the Bible off by heart but I know what's in it and how to find what I need.

So what's your excuse? If you haven't known Jesus for more than two years you shouldn't even be baptized yet. A person should live the Christian life at least two years before he's baptized. He should be a solid member of the church for many years before he attempts evangelizing. I know some Christians have the crazy idea of sending their young among the wolves of the world; that's just plain stupid and asking for serious trouble. It's totally opposite of the biblical command. Read the account in Acts where they ordained someone to fill the place vacated by Judas. Read Titus and Timothy re the qualifications of bishop. Clearly, a novice is NOT to be sent out, but one who has been with the faithful from the beginning.

Re baptism. I come from believer's baptism perspective. It's the only thing that makes sense to me; it's the only thing that appears biblical or ethical to me.

And? Whats your point. Proof? Right?
No, my point is 1)You're contradictory and hypocritical. In one thread, you say we don't deserve hell and that God is magically going to save us all because we are once saved, always saved, but then you turn around and try to use God's wrath to get us to conform to your beliefs in another thread and insist that you're the only right one and everyone else is wrong. And 2), you cannot say in one post that God's ways are mysterious, then turn around and explain God's ways to us, hence you are again, hypocritical and contradictory.

He's getting rattled. He no longer knows for sure which side is up. He never counted on us being so astute. He's but a novice. Somewhere he said he just came to christianity about two years ago. He shouldn't even be in the business of selling the gospel to exChristians. Whoever sent him on the road obviously didn't know what they were doing.

All the same, carry on my brother. Let him have it! Let him be sated. Maybe something good will come of it.

Well I'm not going to BS you and say that it is easy for me to tell someone in person that they are in danger of going to Hell, but sometimes the truth isn't easy.

Truth? Really?

However, it is necessary. It's hard because from the limited knowledge I know about Hell, it is a terrible place. However, if Hell exists, and I believe that someone is in danger of going there, is it logical to say that I'm all of a sudden void of compassion for telling them. I would think quite the opposite. Standing idle while someone is running toward a cliff like a lemming and not shouting to them to stop and think is what I would consider lacking in compassion. What's more, I'm also showing them the way out of Hell.

I never said you were without compassion for wanting to "save" people from hell. In fact I would say that makes you more compassionate than the god you believe in. The idea is to try to think of this stuff outside of your box of blithe acceptance of dogma as "the way things are".

This is just ridiculous though, you say that people are "running toward a cliff like lemmings". I said it before, what was their crime exactly? Being born? And where did you get this idea that hell is a real place that everyone that doesn't think like you goes to?

As to your second point: do you read books, do you listen to people's teachings, or has all the knowledge that you have accumulated from the time of your birth until now just fallen from the sky like a baby from a stork, or has it just been produced in the context of a vacuum? No, I would submit that you have studied and listened, and then have considered what you have read and heard, and then come to a conclusion. Contrary to popular belief, there are many Christians who have done the same thing. You and I have just come to different conclusions.

Depends on what we are reading, as we all know not everything we are presented with is true. So what do we do? We compare it to reality and our own experiences. What exactly is your reasoning for accepting hell, sin nature, original sin, and your ideas of salvation as true?

I would submit that you know jack shit about anything having to do with cosmic orders and what happens to people after they die. Nothing to be ashamed of there, that just makes you like everyone else that has ever lived and died.

My point was that you are working with this entire world view based on a bunch of second hand "revelations" that are completely unsubstantiated in reality, and egregiously contradictory and contrived to boot.

Just to let everyone know, I'll try to get in here as much as I can, but I'm getting married soon, so that is taking up some time in my life. I look forward to the conversations we can have.

Congrats then. :)

Hope you have time to reply once we are all done piling on. :P

Edit: Just noticed this

Many churches do screw up the doctrine of salvation to make there members to not be confident of there position, and that is a crying shame.

:repuke:

God created us with no sin. Adam, sinned by eating of the apple, and therefore brought sin into himself, and being the representative for mankind, brought sin into all mankind. So, who's to blame? I would say mankind. Quite frankly, I would think that it is us who need to get off our high horses and get rid of that pride that stops us from communing with our Creator. Sounds like they suffer from rebellion, or something...

Nonsense. As has been pointed out earlier, God set the rules, and God knew what would happen. I repeat GOD KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN. Think about that for awhile instead of just blindly accepting the notion that mankind is to blame. Anyway, sin doesn't exist and hell doesn't exist.

There is no evidence whatsoever of some kind of perfect world existing and then a Fall. It is mythology.

Since you say you are getting married soon, seems to me you would have more important matters to attend to than coming on here wasting your time.

I'll try to get in here as much as I can, but I'm getting married soon, so that is taking up some time in my life. I look forward to the conversations we can have.

Don't rush since you have nothing new to tell us...

and please, DON'T BREED... this world need more of your kind like I need a second arse hole...

Not bad for a first post huh? Hello everyone!

You speak for yourself you raping, child traducing dick head...

And I did what to you to deserve this comment because...?

You said 'we all deserve hell'...

Well, I assumed you'd done something to warrant 'Hell' and that's the most likely crime that I think warrants it... so what vileness of crime have you committed to deserve Hell? Last time I checked my list, I'd made a few mistakes I've not repeated... same as everybody else, you poison peddling moron... so I can only assume you make lampshades out of infant's skin and devour the bodies of those you've deflowered by force to deserve eternal punishment...

OI SQUID...

You are here by the tolerance of the moderation team and Dave the Webmaster (blessed be his name) thus I'd get over your self pretty quickly and stop lecturing people on manners when effectively you've come to OUR house to shit on the carpet... I don't turn up at your church an pelt the altar with mokey excrement, so you reel your attitude in to merely offensive and we'll all get on a lot better...

TBH, I couldn't loathe you more than you loathe yourself, but you are forcing some competition on that matter...

Who created the Apple? Who created the rule? Who created the punishment for disobeying the rule? Who created Adam to be able to sin? And who knew what was going to happen and could prevent it?

First cause argument: everything has a beginning, and all traces back to God, hence sin, disobedience, evil, and hate all traces back to God.

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a healthy fear of God's judgment. I mean, it isn't like this is a slap on the wrist for crying out loud.

Doesn't the Bible say something like, perfect love drive out fear? So is God perfect love, and you have no fear of him, or do you fear him and he doesn't have perfect love?

I went through a period, a rather lengthy one, where I was constantly afraid of whether or not I was truly saved from such a fate. It took a while for me to get it through my head that Jesus covers all sins, and that I can trust him alone for my salvation.

Why didn't Jesus give you that peace from start? Why did you have to brainwash yourself to get to that position? Isn't that God's responsibility to make you feel safe and conviction? Maybe your doubt is a proof that your mind is trying to resist the delusion and mind-altering-religious-experience (and I don't mean that as a good thing)?

Many churches do screw up the doctrine of salvation to make there members to not be confident of there position, and that is a crying shame. I would say that had more to do with the trouble we see today, that you spoke of, then the existence of Hell itself.

I'm not sure what you're saying. It's the churches fault that there's sin and problems in the world? Sure, I can agree to that. Lets get rid of them then!

In response to your question, you make it sound like self-preservation is a bad thing.

It can be.

If you have a real danger ahead, and you are trying to avoid an imaginary danger instead, you might not be able to avoid the first, real and present, danger. For instance, you're driving on the freeway, and suddenly you swerve to avoid the imaginary pit in the road, and you get yourself into a huge accident. It wasn't a good thing to avoid the pit that didn't exist. You need to live in reality, to be safe.

Compare that to: which religion is true?

Lets say only one religion is true, and only one kind of Hell exists. Now if Judaism is true, and Christianity is a false, heretic cult that mislead and will cause people to go to Hell. Then which religion is the narrow and difficult road to follow? If this is true, then you're going to Hell, and did your self-preservation help you or not?

Second, Christianity is about more than "self-preservation", and again, we have many American churches to blame for people believing that is what it is all about.

Yes. Lets get rid of them all (except for yours, because only your version of Christianity must be the true one, since you feel so confident about it. And the other ones must be wrong because you are confident they are wrong. But of course all those other false prophets also feel confident about the opposite to you, but hey, it must be YOU that have the truth, not THEM! You have a small piece of narcissism between your teeth, maybe you should floss that before you continue...)

Third, exactly what do you mean by "love" in this context?

Oh bummer! Love, of course you would catch on to that one. Oh, my God! God must exist, because I have no fucking clue what love is, and atheists can't explain or understand or use the word "love"! Oh, holy Jesus, you fantasy character of all ages! Take my heart into your imaginary love, that explains everything, by explaining nothing. Let me see the light and understand how I can harmonize Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, the Golden Compass, the Quran and the Bible to one Holy Babble.

You seriously think that "love" is such a difficult topic for a board who gets the "blessing" of discussing it only once every two weeks for years?

Love is an emotion, felt by your mind and body. It's both a chemical response, and also a response in the psyche on the "meta-physical" level (like Windows reacts to your mouse click. Is it the computer, or is it the Operating System?) to certain situation, based on familiarity, compatibility and much more. Also, love is a description of something we "like very much". These feelings and reactions has evolved in both the genetic and memetic level, out of need for selection of the most fitted partner, but also for the need of surviving by eating the right things or being inclined to make the right decisions before we had the ability to make rational analysis to the best decision. Utilitarianism and the Categorical Imperative wasn't invented when were still apes (and even before that).

So what?

Neon Genesis, I want to read your post a bit more thoroughly before I respond, because it is bed time for me, but until then I will say the following. Since you have used all the passages from Scripture concerning judging and planks in eyes and so forth, I want you to do me a favor. Decide right now that you will no longer tell anyone that they are doing anything wrong. To heck with the topic of religion for the moment. Don't say that someone has a character flaw that they need to fix, do not do that until you have taken care of all your character flaws, be sure not to cast any stones, not even to easy targets like Brittany Spears. Because if you do, then you have no more right to use those Scriptures in your argument than you suppose I do. Not that I would use them in the way you did, because you have such a completely different interpretation of what those passages mean than what they actually mean (and if you want to open up another thread to debate that, by all means do so, but this is a debate about Hell, so let's keep it that way).

This is our website. You're stepping on our toes. Read this very, very carefully:

DO NOT MAKE ANY DEMANDS ON OUR ACTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE!!!

Have anyone here, or I, EVER gone to your Church and demanded changes in your practice or speech? The answer is NO WE HAVE NOT!

And why? Because we respect your existence and beliefs, and we respect your domain. But you obviously do not. That to me, is the cardinal "sin" of all.

Next time I will not be as gracious, but I will kick your hair butt out from this site, in an instant. Capice?

If you believe in HELL, I'm going. I deny the existence of the holy spirit. I think its bullshit. So there. I've committed the unpardonable sin. Who would want to go to heaven. All that singing and praising and stupid angels. Not to mention your brain is wiped clean of any memory of loved ones that didn't make it.

Going down, party time

My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on the highway to hell

Highway to hell

I'm on the highway to hell

Highway to hell

:Duivel7:

This is our website. You're stepping on our toes. Read this very, very carefully:

DO NOT MAKE ANY DEMANDS ON OUR ACTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE!!!

Have anyone here, or I, EVER gone to your Church and demanded changes in your practice or speech? The answer is NO WE HAVE NOT!

And why? Because we respect your existence and beliefs, and we respect your domain. But you obviously do not. That to me, is the cardinal "sin" of all.

Next time I will not be as gracious, but I will kick your hair butt out from this site, in an instant. Capice?

If walkie-talkie doesn't take THAT to heart he doesn't know what's good for him. Hans "talking business" means it's a SERIOUS OFFENSE.

Get that, walkthehawk?

HanSolo is one of the mildest, most laid-back people I've ever come across. I didn't even know he could "speak his mind." Then in about Dec. 2007 he went and made a New Year's Resolution to be even nicer to Christians. Well, there you have it. He's a nice guy's nice guy. And you offended HIM!

Better watch it when you walkthehawk. Don't let the leash tangle with the power lines.

PS I fully agree with Hans. Who do you think you are, you fundycrap, coming in here and on your first day telling your hosts how to behave? That is unacceptable in all human cultures.

Oops, I noticed a spelling error... ANYDEMANDS isn't a word, it just needed a space.. fixed... :grin:

That's the good thing with written outbursts, you can fix it.

Oops, I noticed a spelling error... ANYDEMANDS isn't a word, it just needed a space.. fixed... :grin:

That's the good thing with written outbursts, you can fix it.

Fixed it in my post now, too. :)

If my mom would hear that people call me calm and mild and such, she would laugh until judgment day. :HaHa:

It's the last couple of years that I've changed. I used to be extremely hot-tempered, but I have learned and modified my behavior (on my own, through introspective thought and analysis - without any supernatural intervention, mind you) and now it's only once in a blue-moon that it happens. (It could be the age too, maybe I'm getting too old for tantrums?)

QUOTE (walkthehawk @ Mar 3 2008, 07:55 PM)

God created us with no sin. Adam, sinned by eating of the apple, and therefore brought sin into himself, and being the representative for mankind, brought sin into all mankind. So, who's to blame? I would say mankind....

So god chose an arbitrary man to represent me. Had I been given the choice to represent myself, THEN you could talk about free will.

And all of humanity burns in hell forever since the schmuck ate a stupid piece of fruit? That is quite honestly the most hateful as well as stupid thing anyone could expect someone to believe.

The perfect catch-22. I give you free will, but the person I chose to use your free will for you in Eden made the wrong choice, based on his growling stomach. So gnash your teeth and sizzle, you and your unsaved children, too, heathen, cause you are born to burn.

I will never again buy into that evil swill. Never.

Heh got quite the backlog of rebuttals going. I doubt he'll be able to answer back to all of them, especially if he has a wedding coming up.

Should we just save him/her the time and type the answers ourselves? I mean, we pretty much know the responses by heart... :P

Should we just save him/her the time and type the answers ourselves? I mean, we pretty much know the responses by heart... :P

Maybe its lack of imagination on my part, but were I in his shoes I doubt I could come up with a thoughtful answer. I predict something along the lines of, "not my rules but god's", or "here is the part where I just have to have faith (that you all will in fact burn in hell forever)".

We'll see won't we? Fundy season is in full swing here :grin: