Goodbye Jesus

Gullibility And The Evangelical

XCCC

Now I posted an announcement on my thread about this one. Maybe now you'll get the feedback you deserve.

No problem, RubySera! Not offended in the least. I know how discussions can wander (my own wander all the time--and then I forget what I was originally saying. Both threads are of interest to me. I spend quite a lot of time just trying to catch up on this site. So very many topics and so very much to read!!! Thanks for your kind words :grin:

Is it a misconception on my part or are there an inordinate number of christians involved in quack-based schemes? Seems that whenever I flip past the xtian radio station on a weekend there is a goofy infomercial about some kind of miracle pill that will cleanse 40 lbs. off your colon wall or some such thing. The people I've known that have been involved in multi-level marketing have all been christians. Amway, Juice Plus, you name it. Why does there seem to be a link there? Gullibility? People willing to believe things solely backed up by personal testimony and not hard science? Or maybe it's my personal bias and christians are no worse than the public-at-large. But I don't think so...

Yeah, multi-level marketing schemes [especially quixtar / amway] are like breeding grounds for the ravenous wolves...I mistakenly joined up with quixtar, and after my first "get-together" I seriously felt as if I had been to a southern baptist revival gathering...I felt so sick afterwards I just quit.

• 1 month later...
Is it a misconception on my part or are there an inordinate number of christians involved in quack-based schemes? Seems that whenever I flip past the xtian radio station on a weekend there is a goofy infomercial about some kind of miracle pill that will cleanse 40 lbs. off your colon wall or some such thing. The people I've known that have been involved in multi-level marketing have all been christians. Amway, Juice Plus, you name it. Why does there seem to be a link there? Gullibility? People willing to believe things solely backed up by personal testimony and not hard science? Or maybe it's my personal bias and christians are no worse than the public-at-large. But I don't think so...

Yeah, multi-level marketing schemes [especially quixtar / amway] are like breeding grounds for the ravenous wolves...I mistakenly joined up with quixtar, and after my first "get-together" I seriously felt as if I had been to a southern baptist revival gathering...I felt so sick afterwards I just quit.

I remember when some people tried to rope me into an MLM type thing, but it was under Citigroup, which at the time was the A-1 corporation in the USA. I didn't bite. I'm not a salesman, I'm not a businessman, I'm not really even a capitalist. It just went against my own personality, shall we say.