Goodbye Jesus

Arrrrgh, My Stepmother!

Amethyst

Due to the nature of contract jobs, I have to look for work frequently. I was laid off from my last one the other week. I also had a bad day today because I interviewed this morning and I don't think it went all that well. Then when I got home, I checked my unemployment insurance account and thought it said that I wasn't eligible, but I am. My stepmother thinks that god is punishing me for not taking a crappy job last year that I was offered that would not have been a good fit. Yes, we are apparently all supposed to take whatever job that comes along, regardless of whether or not it is the right job for us. And if we do not, we apparently deserve to be punished by not having anything but crap jobs for the next year or so. I told her if she wanted to worship a vindictive tyrant, then she could do so, but please do not expect me to.

:ugh:

Guest eejay

Okay, here we go. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. I get so sick and tired of these fucked up people who are so convinced that god is always trying to punish us for something we did or did not do. Sometimes we may make a mistake that we end up regretting or suffering for, but that's part of being human. It's how we learn to take responsibilty for the decisions we make. And grow. You'll find another job.

post-3973-1204834701.jpg

Yes, we are apparently all supposed to take whatever job that comes along, regardless of whether or not it is the right job for us.

Yup. Actually in real life (as you have probably noticed) there are times and situations when we all have to do what we have to do if it means putting food on the table, keeping the lights on, or whatever. And it matters if there are young minor children depending on us, etc.

BUT... most of the time people do try to shop around and find the right job. It is more difficult for contract workers, free-lancers, and others. And if you are old enough to be interviewed and hired on your own, you are old enough to make your own decisions. You've been hired before and you'll be hired again.

Perhaps your step-mother grew up in a time of insecurity when just getting money was more important than finding a good fit or being content with the work, or finding a channel for your greatest talents. Whatever her insecurities might be, they aren't yours. (YYYYaaaaaayyyyyyy)

I can definitely sympathize with having to listen to naysayers, I've had them in my life in previous times. Currently I am struggling MAJORLY as I try to make my business grow, but just the fact that I'm still doing it after 18 months is worth something and gives me courage to continue until I find some other avenue to make money. If you have unemployment benefits, so much the better, as it will tide you over until you get the next position.

Hang in there, blow off the religious stuff. "Thank you for your concern, I know you care and want the best, and I do appreciate that part, but trust me, I have to find my own way in the world, else why was I even born if not to live the life I landed in?"

My stepmother thinks that god is punishing me...t

Isn't it interesting that if you do something they don't approve of and bad things happen to you he is punishing you, but if you are a loyal and faithful servant of the lord and something bad happens to you he is testing and refining your character. Nice that they have all their bases covered.

Thanks. I did get an offer for another contract position, which I accepted.

YYyaaaaaayyyyyy. <*happy dance*><*happy dance*>

Congrats! That's great news - god doing contract work is a tough gig. It takes a lot of patience and tenacity.

Two qualities that appear to be underappreciated by your step-mother. How annoying. I hope she has the grace to just say, "That's great news, honey! I'm so glad for you" but that may be too congratulatory and these True Believers certainly would not want to appear to be actually loving, when their Great and Powerful Grand Poo-Bah is meting out the vengence 'cause you're an apostate.

Or she may go for the tried-and-true "ah the devil is tempting you with success and worldly possessions to keep you away from the Lord" sort of bull.

Ain't circular reasoning grand? Like Monolith said, "Nice that they have all their bases covered".

Again, congrats!