Goodbye Jesus

Bible Errancy

heretic5

you really are a smug bag of pus, you delusional codpiece of a jackanape...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heretic5

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

• MonolithTMA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As my personal hero and pundit, Bugs Bunny, once said " what a maroon." :lmao:

A taoist sage...

Psst... if no-one plays, the GM can't do a fucking thing.

This would be the situation if everyone had free will. What guarentee is there that everyone in a virtual reality has free will? For that matter, what guarentee is there that anyone in a virtual reality has free will? But you might say that lack of free will would reduce the virtual reality to merely being entertainment for the GM. Well, what else is it?

You are either writing a paper or article, just messing with us, or completely insane. What is your basis for all this virtual reality and gamer god bullshit you spout, aside from being on the wrong balance of meds?

The abuse of prescribed drugs is a terrible thing...

This would be the situation if everyone had free will. What guarentee is there that everyone in a virtual reality has free will? For that matter, what guarentee is there that anyone in a virtual reality has free will? But you might say that lack of free will would reduce the virtual reality to merely being entertainment for the GM. Well, what else is it?

You are either writing a paper or article, just messing with us, or completely insane. What is your basis for all this virtual reality and gamer god bullshit you spout, aside from being on the wrong balance of meds?

http://www.simulation-argument.com/

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/technolog...;nsref=blogtech

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulism

Hm. For some unknown reason, the second link did not paste correctly. Let me take off the http and the colon and the two forward slashes, and see what happens.

www.newscientist.com/blog/technology/2008/01/vr-hypothesis.html?DCMP=NLC-nletterbanner&nsref=blogtech

Well, before posting, it looks alright. Let's see what it looks like after posting.

Hm. For some unknown reason, the second link did not paste correctly. Let me take off the http and the colon and the two forward slashes, and see what happens.

www.newscientist.com/blog/technology/2008/01/vr-hypothesis.html?DCMP=NLC-nletterbanner&nsref=blogtech

Well, before posting, it looks alright. Let's see what it looks like after posting.

Now it works.

and still he drags his shitty srse across the carpet of our minds...

Thank you. I'm aware of those concepts, as a once avid sci-fi/fantasy reader I've been thinking about concepts like that for years. You believing in these concepts with such apparent faith still leads me to my original statement: You are either writing a paper or article, just messing with us, or completely insane and off your meds.

I know, I know, I omitted that you could be correct as well, call me crazy.

Having been an inmate... most of the long termers in the mental health system know they're the only people who know the TRUTH...

Thank you. I'm aware of those concepts, as a once avid sci-fi/fantasy reader I've been thinking about concepts like that for years. You believing in these concepts with such apparent faith still leads me to my original statement: You are either writing a paper or article, just messing with us, or completely insane and off your meds.

I know, I know, I omitted that you could be correct as well, call me crazy.

No, I would not call you crazy, because I don't think you are. What I think instead is that everybody here is very uncomfortable with the idea that what used to be relegated to books and movies is loose in the world. We can no longer just close the book, or walk out of the theater. The scientific papers by Bostrom and by Whitworth imply that we are in a virtual reality, and therefore may not have free will, notwithstanding all appearance to the contrary.

So although it is one thing to entertain the idea as fiction, it's entirely another thing to contemplate it as being our situation. But contemplate it we must, because the meme is out of the bottle, so to speak. It is growing as we speak. Everytime I do a search for the URLs of those three articles, the number of hits keeps getting larger and larger.

So where is it going? The futurists have said, for at least a decade, that change is getting asymtotic. If they are right, that's not a good sign, from our point of view, because it means that the GM is about through with this particular virtual reality. Unfortunately, from our point of view, the info I discovered tucked away in plain sight in the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Book of Mormon, exactly confirms the idea that the GM is about through with this particular episode in this particular virtual reality.

Given that this were to be the situation, it would logically follow that those of us who become aware of our actual situation, would be well advised to brown-nose the GM. Yes, I could have been a little less blunt; but that's what it amounts to. Some of you might be inclined to be even more blunt. No need for that, I am already aware of all of the various ways to express the idea of brown-nosing.

In a way, our situation is similar to that which was faced by the Jews in Spain: convert, or die. Other similar situations are known to all of us. None of them are pleasant to contemplate, even less when exploring the idea that it is our turn to face such a situation.

So no, I'm not writing a paper, nor am I messing with you, nor am I on meds, or any of the other easy, comforting possibilitites.

No, you're a nutter...

Well, you are... it's like dealing with the Bomb in DarkStar... just with less entertainment value...

No, you're a nutter...

Oops. Please pardon the mis-click. Well, I could shout, "No, I'm not." And you (and others) could shout, "Yes, you are." But that would be silly. So it would be better if I were to let some time pass, to let you get over the cognitive dissonance, to let you come out of denial on your own, instead of trying to drag you out of it. It was alright to answer questions, to point out possibilites not mentioned, even if deliberately overlooked on your parts; but it's entirely another thing to rub your noses into the horrendous possibility that the GM is whacko. Well, that is a twig on the logic tree, as all of us know. Yes, yes, I know, I gave an opening for some of you to make remarks relating to trees and nuts. Fine; but after we have fun with that, then we are back to this ghastly persistent rumour that the GM is eternal and by himself. What I'm saying is that we have no guarantee that the sanity of the GM has survived eternal solitary confinement. Well, I admitted up front that it was ghastly; but that's the twig on the logic tree that everybody here did not want to mention. That's the one that drives everybody else here into stedfast denial. The only reason that I myself am not now in denial about this possibility is that I have had time to get over the shock of the idea, and map out a plan of how to move forward from here. So, I'll give everybody else here the luxury of time to get over the shock. If anybody does get over the shock, and then does want to discuss what we might best do, then feel free to contact me through my website.

No, you're a nutter...

Oops. Please pardon the mis-click. Well, I could shout, "No, I'm not." And you (and others) could shout, "Yes, you are." But that would be silly.

Would it? It would be the confirmation from two or three witnesses, and hence it would be the word of God.

The idea that the world is an illusion is as old as human writings. Nothing new.

What is new is that proof is established by repeated claims by different authors, or that it would inevitable constitute the Word of God.

No, you're a nutter...

Oops. Please pardon the mis-click. Well, I could shout, "No, I'm not." And you (and others) could shout, "Yes, you are." But that would be silly. So it would be better if I were to let some time pass, to let you get over the cognitive dissonance, to let you come out of denial on your own, instead of trying to drag you out of it. It was alright to answer questions, to point out possibilites not mentioned, even if deliberately overlooked on your parts; but it's entirely another thing to rub your noses into the horrendous possibility that the GM is whacko. Well, that is a twig on the logic tree, as all of us know. Yes, yes, I know, I gave an opening for some of you to make remarks relating to trees and nuts. Fine; but after we have fun with that, then we are back to this ghastly persistent rumour that the GM is eternal and by himself. What I'm saying is that we have no guarantee that the sanity of the GM has survived eternal solitary confinement. Well, I admitted up front that it was ghastly; but that's the twig on the logic tree that everybody here did not want to mention. That's the one that drives everybody else here into stedfast denial. The only reason that I myself am not now in denial about this possibility is that I have had time to get over the shock of the idea, and map out a plan of how to move forward from here. So, I'll give everybody else here the luxury of time to get over the shock. If anybody does get over the shock, and then does want to discuss what we might best do, then feel free to contact me through my website.

Dude, rent A Beautiful Mind. Examine John Nash's behavior, then examine your own. I'm through discussing with you as it is clear that you are here to not learn with the rest of us, but to indoctrinate us. Good luck with that. Maybe you should write your own version of some Chick tracts, but with your spin.

Effectively, last time I had to deal with this shit was with a paranoid schizophrenic in art therapy (lovely chap when the meds worked... otherwise a little hard work)

I've met saner crazy people than this!

That would be me... but I have a piece of paper saying I'm sane...

If you really think this is all true why are you bothering to tell us? Its a rather nihilistic view you have going, supposedly there is jack shit to be done in your little world. So why not just live out the rest of your little avatar days with the horrible "truth" and let it be.

You said yourself you aren't here to discuss, but to state. Well you won't really find anyone here that will listen, and according to your theory it doesn't matter. So just scoot along and go be an annoyance elsewhere.

Methinks you are a bit of an attention whore.

In a way, our situation is similar to that which was faced by the Jews in Spain: convert, or die. Other similar situations are known to all of us. None of them are pleasant to contemplate, even less when exploring the idea that it is our turn to face such a situation.

We can't, since you just in the same post suggested that free will doesn't exist. We can't make a choice if free will is deprived from us. Also, if we're just cogs in the machine of the big game, there's no escape into a supernatural existence, since our existence is only within the framework of the game. The token in Monopoly can't just be given a life above and outside the game it exists in. It only lives and exists within the borders of the game itself. So if you're right, then there's no hope, and no need to rush or demand anything. Just live. Be happy. Make the best out if it. Because if you succeed and are happy, it was due to the GM's wish that it became such, while if your life is miserable, then also it was the will of the GM. Don't argue both ways.

That would be me... but I have a piece of paper saying I'm sane...

The paper is just an illusion... :grin:

There is no spoon...