Goodbye Jesus

Bible Errancy

heretic5

BTW... there is no shock... there were times when I used the same fantasy to get through the day on some of my Euripedean days... it's a cosy view... means there is both a meaning and that everything, no matter how shitty, is under the control of someone who gets the joke...

Universe doesn't seem to work in the sense of there being either meaning or control...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heretic5

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

• MonolithTMA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Psst... if no-one plays, the GM can't do a fucking thing.

This would be the situation if everyone had free will. What guarentee is there that everyone in a virtual reality has free will? For that matter, what guarentee is there that anyone in a virtual reality has free will? But you might say that lack of free will would reduce the virtual reality to merely being entertainment for the GM. Well, what else is it?

There's people refusing to play... either it's free will, or the GM is so fucking retarded that he's making players not play and fuck the game up for himself.

Big choice... free will or a GM with less intelligence than a hair on my anus.

Been to see Gene yet? I'm sure he could do with talking to someone as whacked-out as you... it'll make him feel sane.

So no, I'm not writing a paper, nor am I messing with you, nor am I on meds, or any of the other easy, comforting possibilitites.

I think I've just found out what your problem is.....

and still he drags his shitty srse across the carpet of our minds...

:lmao::funny::lmao:

The scientific papers by Bostrom and by Whitworth imply that we are in a virtual reality, and therefore may not have free will, notwithstanding all appearance to the contrary.

H5 this may be the last time I address you. I don't believe you'll be able to comprehend the the material. I don't yet. But there is a book called Life Itself by Robert Rosen that refutes the notion that organisms are simulable. He argues that the whole machine metaphor of organisms in a mistake. I don't know about free will. I've not thought about it too much. I have the strong impression that I make decisions. Of course there may be a reason for every decision I make, including what I had for breakfast. Who knows? But if organisms are not simulable then you are wrong.

There is no spoon...

"You think that's air that you're breathing? Interesting."

Follow-up question: If there's no spoon, how then can you bend it?

In a way, our situation is similar to that which was faced by the Jews in Spain: convert, or die. Other similar situations are known to all of us. None of them are pleasant to contemplate, even less when exploring the idea that it is our turn to face such a situation.

We can't, since you just in the same post suggested that free will doesn't exist. We can't make a choice if free will is deprived from us. Also, if we're just cogs in the machine of the big game, there's no escape into a supernatural existence, since our existence is only within the framework of the game. The token in Monopoly can't just be given a life above and outside the game it exists in. It only lives and exists within the borders of the game itself. So if you're right, then there's no hope, and no need to rush or demand anything. Just live. Be happy. Make the best out if it. Because if you succeed and are happy, it was due to the GM's wish that it became such, while if your life is miserable, then also it was the will of the GM. Don't argue both ways.

I knew it, I knew it! I knew that if I just hung in here, then those unable to think straight would eliminate themselves from the thread. You are absolutely correct: one should not argue both ways, other than to explore the possibilities.

As to the possibility that there is no free will; I have not found a sure-fire way to eliminate that possibility. So I am forced to include it in the mix of factors to be kept in mind. On the other hand, I have not found a way to positively eliminate the possibility that there is free will, either. My present approach to accomodating these contradictory possibilities is to accept the fact that I have not been able to tell which is true and which is false, and operate on the premise that there is free will, at least for some of the characters, some of the time, although I can't prove that to be the case.

Another assumption of mine, also unproven, is that the words which are in written by two (or more) authors in the Old Testament, the New Testament, and the Book of Mormon (considered to be one book), are the words of the GM.

One of the reasons that they might be exactly that is that they have been hidden in plain sight, in some cases for more than two thousand years; but not heretofore noticed. That stinks of intervention by the GM. If it was intervention by any other entity, it could have been over-ridden before now; but it wasn't.

Given that it was intervention by the GM, what was he/it up to by trotting out these words at this point in the events in this virtual reality? Only way that I could see to discover the answer to that question was to grab the tiger by the tail, and see what happened. Thirteen years later, I can report that it has been interesting, to make a drastic understatement.

However, I will admit that at this time, I'm somewhat at an impasse to know what best to do. The reason for the impasse is that there are indications, in the words of the GM (if such they are) that there are literally thousands of people who could and would benefit from knowing about the relatively recent discovery of the words which purport to be the words of the GM. So I am testing this to see if it is true, or not. My way of testing, is to put those words on a web site, and then to mention them to people, in person, by mail, by email, by posts in forums, etc. Thus far, the results are inconclusive. Yes, there have been some people who were interested and have benefited; but they do not yet measure in the dozens, let alone in the thousands. One reason that they do not is that almost everybody is stymied by the fact that the words form riddles and puzzles which must be solved before what is written can be correctly understood. So I decided to try this forum because it seemed obvious to me that anybody who was an ex-Christian did not have a vacancy upstairs.

At first, there were some people in this thread who simply could not reason sufficiently well to follow what was happening here. As time went by, more and more people sorted themselves out of the thread. By now, I am convinced that everybody who should not be here is gone, and will not come back to look later. So I will suggest to the few who remain: try the riddles; see how you do.

Yes, they are tougher than the crossword in the Sunday Times; so don't expect that you will solve one in merely five minutes, let alone solve the dozens that are on just the homepage. Or, to make it easier to start, just identify which riddle is supposed to be the first that you are supposed to solve. To keep from giving away the answer here to other people, email me. Use the address on the site, if you want to.

Have fun, heretic5.

The scientific papers by Bostrom and by Whitworth imply that we are in a virtual reality, and therefore may not have free will, notwithstanding all appearance to the contrary.

H5 this may be the last time I address you. I don't believe you'll be able to comprehend the the material. I don't yet. But there is a book called Life Itself by Robert Rosen that refutes the notion that organisms are simulable. He argues that the whole machine metaphor of organisms in a mistake. I don't know about free will. I've not thought about it too much. I have the strong impression that I make decisions. Of course there may be a reason for every decision I make, including what I had for breakfast. Who knows? But if organisms are not simulable then you are wrong.

Yes, I had considered that idea. My decision was that since this is demonstrably a virtual reality (a particular aspect of the behaviour of light gives that away); then the idea that organisms could not be simulated was not a valid idea, because organisms are observed in this virtual reality.

I nevertheless thank you for mentioning what is an important factor in sorting out what is what and why it is as it is.

Heretic, the mind sees what it wants to see. These "riddles" seem more like grasping for commonalities, is there supposed to be some kind of code contained therein? I've dabbled in codes and ciphers before, I haven't seen anything there. But then no surprise, I'm one of the unenlightened right?

Ex-C does not exist as the soapbox for every crackpot theory, it's a big internet plenty of room for that elsewhere. From what you've said you go around dropping this load on everyone you can, I'd appreciate it if you would go ahead and continue that pattern.

Yes, I agree with you that it is time to wind down this thread. It has pretty much fulfilled the purpose to weed people out. From here on, the only thing happening will be that people try their hand on the riddles and puzzles. To communicate with me about that, they will have to use email, instead of this forum, to prevent giving away the answers to somebody who blunders in here, maybe from a search engine.

Good luck to those who try the riddles, heretic5.

Heretic, the mind sees what it wants to see. These "riddles" seem more like grasping for commonalities, is there supposed to be some kind of code contained therein? I've dabbled in codes and ciphers before, I haven't seen anything there. But then no surprise, I'm one of the unenlightened right?

Ex-C does not exist as the soapbox for every crackpot theory, it's a big internet plenty of room for that elsewhere. From what you've said you go around dropping this load on everyone you can, I'd appreciate it if you would go ahead and continue that pattern.

Yes, there is a code, of sorts; but not of the sort you might expect, or might have commonly seen before. It has to do with parallelisms. They are more Oriental than Occidental; so their properties take some getting used to by us Occidentals. One of their properties is that they are of two sorts, comparisons of similarity, and of contrast. The former require that all parts of the comparison must be explicitly written. The latter do not have that requirement because the contrast can always be correctly constructed from what is written. So some of the latter seem, at first glance, to merely be declarative sentences. Not so. Never so.

Hoping that this hint is helpful to you and to the rest, heretic5.

Guest Acorn
Yes, they are tougher than the crossword in the Sunday Times; so don't expect that you will solve one in merely five minutes, let alone solve the dozens that are on just the homepage. Or, to make it easier to start, just identify which riddle is supposed to be the first that you are supposed to solve. To keep from giving away the answer here to other people, email me. Use the address on the site, if you want to.

Have fun, heretic5.

Ok. So, basically your working on and actual defense to what people around here tend to call me loopy. Because, I get what your saying now, I hope, as to I would look retarded. Two of the same writtings by two different authors, combined into one story, with the concept that all other writting was possibily by another entity of some sort, up and including assuming Satan.

Let me know if I was wrong on that assumption.

Heretic, have you studied this "technique" of yours in the Hebrew or Greek language? Does your little "word" matching idea work there too?

Guest Acorn

Also, want to add that I was saying earlier in your thread that there were some missing. Interesting enough, if my assumption of the direction of this riddle is right, then Why did God in Isaiah ask in prophecy to the people, Who told you to sacrifice these things to me?

If that wasnt written in the " twos" ; wouldnt that contradict the riddle, since an entity, is saying why did you not do these things.

OOOOr, maybe its accrediting the theory. Maybe the sacrificing God is the Most high God, in which means that entity would fit the setting of Zeus more so. Angry.

Heretic, have you studied this "technique" of yours in the Hebrew or Greek language? Does your little "word" matching idea work there too?

Hmm... I seem to be channelling a message from somewhere....

Glory be! It's God Himself!

Don't be silly... everyone knows that English is the Original Language that The Bible was written in.

:ugh: Remind me to never let that psycho into my head again... daft fucker left some real crazy images about Mary, Jesus and an elephants cock behind.

No, I would not call you crazy, because I don't think you are. What I think instead is that everybody here is very uncomfortable with the idea that what used to be relegated to books and movies is loose in the world.

Well, your thinking is wrong. I'm one of everybody and I'm not uncomfortable at all. There doesn't seem to be much loose in the world to be afraid or uncomfortable about. It really must be inside your head heretic5.

It really must be inside your head heretic5.

It is... shame it left no room for sanity. :HaHa:

Ok. So, basically your working on and actual defense to what people around here tend to call me loopy. Because, I get what your saying now, I hope, as to I would look retarded. Two of the same writtings by two different authors, combined into one story, with the concept that all other writting was possibily by another entity of some sort, up and including assuming Satan.

Hm. You apprarently typed really fast and therefore might have omitted a few words. So I'm not postitive that you are one or the other; but you can sort that out for yourself by simply going to the site (http://greatridlle.flifree.com ), then scrolling down the homepage until you see numbered paragraphs, click on the number of one of them, click on a number-letter combo on the page that opens, and the next page will show a sample of the way that the technique extracted the words which seem to be those of the GM.

Hoping that this clarification is helpful, heretic5.

Hm. You apprarently typed really fast and therefore might have omitted a few words. So I'm not postitive that you are one or the other; but you can sort that out for yourself by simply going to the site (http://greatridlle.flifree.com ), then scrolling down the homepage until you see numbered paragraphs, click on the number of one of them, click on a number-letter combo on the page that opens, and the next page will show a sample of the way that the technique extracted the words which seem to be those of the GM.

Please pardon. Typo in the link. Try instead http://greatriddle.flifree.com/

No, I haven't, for several reasons. I nevertheless agree that it would be interesting to know the answer to that. So if you feel like making the investigation, please do.

Onward, heretic5.

No, I would not call you crazy, because I don't think you are. What I think instead is that everybody here is very uncomfortable with the idea that what used to be relegated to books and movies is loose in the world.

Well, your thinking is wrong. I'm one of everybody and I'm not uncomfortable at all. There doesn't seem to be much loose in the world to be afraid or uncomfortable about. It really must be inside your head heretic5.

Alright. I stand corrected. I should have qualified it at the outset by saying "Almost". Please pardon my unwarrented generalization.

Guest Acorn

Already did. Just confirming if I was in line with the MO

Please pardon. Typo in the link. Try instead http://greatriddle.flifree.com/

Also, want to add that I was saying earlier in your thread that there were some missing. Interesting enough, if my assumption of the direction of this riddle is right, then Why did God in Isaiah ask in prophecy to the people, Who told you to sacrifice these things to me?

If that wasnt written in the " twos" ; wouldnt that contradict the riddle, since an entity, is saying why did you not do these things.

OOOOr, maybe its accrediting the theory. Maybe the sacrificing God is the Most high God, in which means that entity would fit the setting of Zeus more so. Angry.

I don't know the status of all of Isaiah yet. Some of it has turned out to seemingly be the words of the GM. The rest might or might not be. A quick search for the word "sacrifice" in Isaiah

( http://greatriddle.flifree.com/king-james/book-23a.htm ) turned up no instance where that particular word has already been shown to be a word of the GM; but the work to compare all of the books in the Old Testament to books in the Old Testament, and then to the books of the New Testament, is still being done. Where I have done a thorough job of comparison is in the first four books of the New Testament to each other, then to the rest of the New Testament, then to the Old Testament. Tose four bookst were picked as a starting place because I said to myself, that if the idea was valid, that those four books would give me the most results for the least work. That guess turned out to be true. It wasn't until much later that I realized that it wasn't enough to know the words of the GM (if indeed they are), I also had to know what they meant. That's when the work on the riddles began. That is also still ongoing.

Confirmed.

Guest Acorn

Confirmed.

Awesome. I think that this notion of thinking is great. Still in the realm of, God, yet trying to understand His words at the same time. You might be on to something. That Isaiah verse in KJV is really important for me. I was actually going through hard times here, pulling my hair out with all the new knowledge being given.

I just kept digging until I found that( as to sometimes, in a different light, reading the same chapter made a different veiw). I then came to the conclusion that theres more to this thing than I see, and especially after I researched into the authinticity of Isaiah.

Its weird. Heres God, giving important revelation to Isaiah in which is supporting Christianity as a whole, and in the same manner, debuking the sacrifical ways of the people that supposedly He ordained. So. Instead of saying, awh this book is full of it, I just said theres gotta be more to it.

Anyhow, sorry for the long response. Just thought I'd tell you thats been my thought of the Bible the whole while, yet I havent been able to label it. And most put you away as insane.