Goodbye Jesus

Phone Conversation With A Fundy

CelloChick

A friend of a friend just called me because she's having problems with her computer. So, I helped her find a fix on the internet. While it downloaded she told me all about her church and her pastor. And something about the book of Samuel and someone named Absinthe, or Absalom, or something or other, and an anointing of the Lord. And how she felt the fires of Satan take a hold of her during church and how the Lord spoke to her and...

:banghead:

I set the phone down while she ranted and just kept saying, "uh huh," for eleventy billion hours until I finally got her to talk about the computer problem.

Ugh! Three questions:

1. Why do some Christians assume everyone they talk to shares their belief system?

2. Why do some Christians assume everyone wants to hear about how the Lord blessed them with ______________.

3.Please, please, please tell me I was never that annoying!

Oh, that sucked. I need a drink!

CelloChick

• Super Moderator

Maybe you were never that annoying - I like to think I never was!

I do recall that as a Real Born Again Believer there was nothing on this Earth that could compete with my special relationship and knowledge of the Almighty. It's their whole life - they really have nothing else to talk about.

Pet Honey for me.

- Chris

A friend of a friend just called me because she's having problems with her computer. So, I helped her find a fix on the internet. While it downloaded she told me all about her church and her pastor. And something about the book of Samuel and someone named Absinthe, or Absalom, or something or other, and an anointing of the Lord. And how she felt the fires of Satan take a hold of her during church and how the Lord spoke to her and...

:banghead:

I set the phone down while she ranted and just kept saying, "uh huh," for eleventy billion hours until I finally got her to talk about the computer problem.

Ugh! Three questions:

1. Why do some Christians assume everyone they talk to shares their belief system?

2. Why do some Christians assume everyone wants to hear about how the Lord blessed them with ______________.

3.Please, please, please tell me I was never that annoying!

Oh, that sucked. I need a drink!

CelloChick

Definitely you need a drink, CelloChick...so have a good one, and move on. Raise your glass, be hearty, and live...

Pet Honey for me.

Me too please!

OBJ

You are as well-adjusted as I am ...

:beer: