New

Genetic modification

Carrying out experiments on humans

Polluting the environment

Causing social injustice

Causing poverty

Becoming obscenely wealthy

Taking drugs

Admirable, but does that mean god changed his mind with his list of "do not!s"?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
How come pedophilia was left out?????

This is how far in denial the Catholic church is:

'Closer to home, Girotti was asked about the many "situations of scandal and sin within the church," in what appeared to be a reference to allegations in the United States and other countries of sexual abuse by clergy of minors and the coverups by hierarchy.

The monsignor acknowledged the "objective gravity" of the allegations, but contended that the heavy coverage by mass media of the scandals must also be denounced because it "discredits the church."'

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20080311/D8VB3C0G0.html for the whole story.

It 'discredits the church', the money-maker is at risk so it is someone else's fault. Blaming the victim or the person who saved someone seems to always be what the perp tries to do in order to discredit witnesses and damage the jury pool before selection. I think the pedophile problem goes much higher than local churches. Many assaults in the Protestant church go unreported as well.

I think I've committed all those sins except being wealthy and genetic modification. Carrying out experiments on humans...Does my husband count? Other than that I've probably done them all this week. :Wendywhatever:

New

Genetic modification

Causing social injustice

Causing poverty

Taking drugs

Admirable, but does that mean god changed his mind with his list of "do not!s"?

Wow I guess the Vatican has a lot of confessing to do. They have caused social injustices more so then any one person could, they are as evil and corrupt as most governments, same goes with the poverty that they contribute to.

So is it a sin to become wealthy but if one already is wealthy (I.E. the church) then it's not a sin? :scratch:

From the article link.

He pointed to a study by Milan's Catholic University that showed that up to 60 per cent of Catholic faithful in Italy stopped going to confession.

This is great news! 60% Is outstanding! No wonder the church is attempting to revamp they see their money/power disappearing.

He pointed to a study by Milan's Catholic University that showed that up to 60 per cent of Catholic faithful in Italy stopped going to confession.

No wonder the church is attempting to revamp they see their money/power disappearing.

Thats what I was thinking as well. 60%. Thats a large amount of Catholics, people.

Wow I guess the Vatican has a lot of confessing to do. They have caused social injustices more so then any one person could, they are as evil and corrupt as most governments, same goes with the poverty that they contribute to.

So is it a sin to become wealthy but if one already is wealthy (I.E. the church) then it's not a sin? :scratch:

No kidding! Isn't the Vatican already obscenely wealthy? Where did they get that money- from the people they put in poverty.

The new sins are in such lawyer speak... carefully worded as to cover their own asses! :lmao: I don't know why but find that hilarious.

Well its about time that the Catholic Church gave us a new Ebil Atheist "to do" list.

Oh you know who almost covers all bases there?

Genetic modification

Causing social injustice

Causing poverty

Taking drugs

Professional Athletes!