Goodbye Jesus

Why We Need Ex Christians To Come Back To The Church

truthseeker10000

After many years of seeking I've returned to the Church. It feels good to be home.

The church needs you. The body of Christ is the members of its church. We don't need robots we need people that love each other. You people have gone through torment destroying the childish parables taught to children. You've become intellectuals and have every reason to turn away. I say turn back and look closely one more time. Don't look for how stuff works in the world, ie. evolution, big bang, bla bla bla, that is the stuff of science. There are questions science can't answer. Like why evolution, why the big bang, why I exist. Go back to the basics. Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Look for your reading to touch your spirit, not satisfy your intellect. Some members of the church have made a mess of things. They've embarrassed us. They made decisions that don't seem to jive with the teachings. But WE are the church. It is the body of people that make up the body of Christ. And you are the thinking people. If you could get back on track you are powerful. You might see what is important and what is not.

I don't care about arguing if there is a God or not.

The world is better when you seek happiness as instructed in the Catechism. Happiness is the hole puposely left which needs filling. It can only be filled by seeking out God. You can become closer to God only through Charity. Charity is defined as loving one another the way Christ loved us. That means loving each other more than yourself or at least attempting to.

Would this make a better world.

Does it make a difference who made the sky or whether or not a man lived in a whale.

The story is about love.

If you've been following recent political events you might agree we could use some love. We need community. The church needs you to come back. We need to be a united people, we need thinking leadership, under God, living with focus, and making the world a better please.

-truthseeker10000

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthseeker10000

• Grandpa Harley

• R. S. Martin

• florduh

• Super Moderator

By the "Church" I'm assuming you mean the RCC. Probably the most corrupt church in Christendom.

If you need that bullshit to be happy and feel love, you need psychotherapy, not religion.

- Chris

The world is better when you seek happiness as instructed in the Catechism.

I'm not sure about that.

Happiness is the hole puposely left which needs filling.

I'm actually extremely satisfied with life, and my family, and where things are going. Life got simpler, and I got happier, when I de-converted. Suddenly things starts to make sense.

It can only be filled by seeking out God.

Still, I don't agree that "God" is a requirement for happiness, and it does imply a need to talk about if God exists or not, which you don't want to do. I can't seek something I believe doesn't exist. (Yes, I'm a positive atheist, with affirmative belief that it is so.)

You can become closer to God only through Charity. Charity is defined as loving one another the way Christ loved us. That means loving each other more than yourself or at least attempting to.

Charity? What about other virtues?

Does it make a difference who made the sky or whether or not a man lived in a whale.

It doesn't sound like it doesn't matter, with your earlier statements. Sounds like you're going back and forth on the issue.

The story is about love.

Eh... I'm not sure about that either. It's a good idea, but I'm not sure that it is all there is. Especially since you mention charity and happiness and ...

If you've been following recent political events you might agree we could use some love. We need community. The church needs you to come back. We need to be a united people, we need thinking leadership, under God, living with focus, and making the world a better please.

I think we need to united as people and not united under God. God should not be a part of the concept. You said it yourself, that it wasn't important. Then you say it is important anyway... you're a bit confusing here...

You may find joy in going to church.

I don't, and I will take a wild guess that most of us here don't either.

I find Star Trek and Mathematics interesting. Most people don't. Should I try to encourage everyone to embrace Star Trek and Math?

I don't need a church to love. I have two nephews and two nieces who I love. They know I do not believe in God, yet they love me just the same.

It's not about who made the sky or who lived in a whale. It is all about a little girl, a magic piece of fruit, and a talking snake. While this story is incredible, it doesn't match the bullshit story of how god came to earth to kill himself because he regretted having a hissy fit over the fucking piece of fruit! The snake story is fiction and therefore, god would not kill himself anyway, and certainly not over a piece of fiction written by shepards with nothing better to do with their time.

OK let's not argue about god. Everyone knows that the only reason people sit in pews in church is so that the suction power of all of those assholes gripping their nice little cushioned seats holds the rest of us, by the will of their magic, onto this tiny little globe we call 'earth'. Who the fuck needs gravity when Christians suck so much, we do not have to worry about rotating and sitting on it, the Christians will do it for us.

Hmm... Inviting *Me* to the RCC, are you?

Only if I can be Pope.

(tears up catechism books, bans crucifixes and rosaries, authorizes divorce, birth control and abortion, re-deifies Mary, orders audit and pays out every cent in the RCC's coffers to people victimized by the Church)

(resigns Papacy and reverts to Her heiðinn ways, taking the White Smoke Machine with Her for use at a heavy metal Battle of the Bands)

After many years of seeking I've returned to the Church. It feels good to be home.

The church needs you. The body of Christ is the members of its church. We don't need robots we need people that love each other. You people have gone through torment destroying the childish parables taught to children. You've become intellectuals and have every reason to turn away. I say turn back and look closely one more time. Don't look for how stuff works in the world, ie. evolution, big bang, bla bla bla, that is the stuff of science. There are questions science can't answer.

That's right. Admission of not having all the answers is a sign of maturity. BTW, read my avatar. I do my own thinking. I don't take orders from relapsed Catholics. I'm a Mennonite by culture and background and the Catholic catechism means nothing to me. Don't pretend to know stuff about me, a total stranger.

Like why evolution, why the big bang, why I exist. Go back to the basics. Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Look for your reading to touch your spirit, not satisfy your intellect.

Intellect and spirit were not the same thing, last I heard from Christians. As stated, the Catholic catechism is hardly going to have much meaning for me.

Some members of the church have made a mess of things. They've embarrassed us. They made decisions that don't seem to jive with the teachings. But WE are the church. It is the body of people that make up the body of Christ. And you are the thinking people. If you could get back on track you are powerful. You might see what is important and what is not.

I happen to be on track and I happen to be powerful enough for one person. I certainly know what is important to me. Obviously you can't begin to know, given that you don't know me. Don't make blanket statements about people you don't know. That is outrageously disrespectful and offensive. And you think you're representing the love of christ. Guess again.

I don't care about arguing if there is a God or not.

Well now. You know there's atheists among your audience. You're asking us to come to your church. You state upfront that you won't discuss the god question. Are you crazy or do you just act like it?

The world is better when you seek happiness as instructed in the Catechism.

You're lying. All liars have their part in the lake of fire shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Rev. 21:8.

Happiness is the hole puposely left which needs filling. It can only be filled by seeking out God. You can become closer to God only through Charity. Charity is defined as loving one another the way Christ loved us. That means loving each other more than yourself or at least attempting to.

Would this make a better world.

This world is a pretty good place, in my experience. I'm relatively happy and seeking out god has produced absolutely zero results. I advise you to speak on matters about which you know something. Obviously, you know not the first thing about me, my life, what I've tried, or what makes me happy.

Not to me it doesn't so long as the sky continues to be blue because I really do love that colour.

I suggest this thread be moved to the Lion's Den so we can do justice to this evangelist.

I suspect this may be a drive-by, but second the motion to put this in the LD.

Only if I can be Pope.

(tears up catechism books, bans crucifixes and rosaries, authorizes divorce, birth control and abortion, re-deifies Mary, orders audit and pays out every cent in the RCC's coffers to people victimized by the Church)

(resigns Papacy and reverts to Her heiðinn ways, taking the White Smoke Machine with Her for use at a heavy metal Battle of the Bands)

I nominate Astreja for the next pope.

• Super Moderator

Only if I can be Pope.

I nominate Astreja for the next pope.

Second.

Yo roman catholociser...

When yer wonderful worldy rich, treasure heavy, money grubbing, political gains keeping, birth control bad mmmkkkay?, bunch of furry velvet hatted boy rapers pulls their heads out of their asses and their penises out of the altar boys..

Then the RCC might make a good social club to hang around on sundays.

As a force for good?

Out here in cowboy country there is an unambiguous, concise, word to summarize my position:

B u l l s h i t

Feel free to help yerself to all of theirs ya want.. Please forgive me if I don't care to add too the collection I have already..

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

kFL

Yay! thread's been moved. :3:

Now all I have to do is wait for the spirit to move me.

• Super Moderator

This is the spirit talking. Move, already!

- Spirit

what happened to my thread

I'd rather wait for the spirit to move in me.

More fun that way. :giggity:

Read the above posts, stupid. We responded for your benefit. We do expect you to read what we write. When and if you do that you may understand what happened.

• Super Moderator

I'd rather wait for the spirit to move in me.

More fun that way. :giggity:

Now, THAT'S the spirit!

Read the above posts, stupid. We responded for your benefit. We do expect you to read what we write. When and if you do that you may understand what happened.

i'm a little bummed. I left for 30 minutes came back spend several more writing and tried to post and lost everything I wrote. that wasn't very nice. now I have to write more.

rubysera- science and maturity...yeah that's fine...i'm a scientist. i wasn't attacking science, only pointing out that it can't make an attempt at explaining absolute truths. Religion however does make such an attempt. I like the Christian truth cause it seems obvious that if you treat everyone really really nice. Stuff is better.

I'm surprised I thought you guys were ex christians I didn't know you were asses. For those of you unaware, its difficult to discuss any topic with responses like. "read above posts, stupid"

Do you have to call people names when you are unconverted or is that just part of internet forum etiquette.

You tried posting and lost everything? Happens to all of us. Technology isn't perfect. It's nothing personal. I thought you meant why has the thread been moved.

I always save my post before hitting the submit button, just in case something goes wrong. I've been very glad for it.

I'm surprised I thought you guys were ex christians I didn't know you were asses. For those of you unaware, its difficult to discuss any topic with responses like. "read above posts, stupid"

Do you have to call people names when you are unconverted or is that just part of internet forum etiquette.

You can call me what you like. I am what I am. You come in here feeding me poison, telling me how to live my life, basically making an ass of yourself, and then you go whining about a bit of rough treatment that you more than earned? Sorry but the universe does not turn around you.

Whew! I thought you were talking about the wonders of your god and what a wonderful person Christ made you. You're coming across as a worse asshole than most people who don't have religion. It really is too bad that you returned to that crappy religion. Blaming US when it's YOU not understanding the TECHNOLOGY--that beats everything I've yet seen of the outrageous crap fundies pull.

By the "Church" I'm assuming you mean the RCC. Probably the most corrupt church in Christendom.

If you need that bullshit to be happy and feel love, you need psychotherapy, not religion.

- Chris

you're right. pyschotherapy is awesome for dealing with depression brought about by the crappiness of the world. especially with the antidepressants and narcoleptics available. The problem is that the crappiness factor is the same. If you are charitable, you get happy and the world crappiness has been decreased.

TS10000, you just showed up here and started preaching your personal superstitions without lurking long enough to find out who we are and why we're here.

Essentially what you're doing is equivalent to handing out free beer at an AA meeting. As far as we're concerned, you are the ass here.

We've seen this kind of stuff before, it gets old real fast. Not many RCC people come this way though... I was RC for many years, I even made my confirmation, until I started questioning things, the basic "truths" of the RC doctrine. Not to mention some stuff just didnt make sense. People cant walk on water, why the hell would a god choose one people to babysit and why would a supposedly all powerful god kill himself and then say it was for our benefit? Church dogma makes about as much sense as a cow driving a truck.

[...i'm a scientist.

Reality check. I doubt you are a scientist. Where do you work? What field? No one talks theological shit and claims to be a scientist too.

Let's see some credentials.

what happened to my thread

Welcome to the Lion's Den!