Goodbye Jesus

The End?

acorn

I found this looking at some stuff in a search. Thought it was interesting. More interesting is that its from the Church of God which I was affiliated with. I wonder if this is church wide. The pastor gives specific dates of when the days of the abomination of desolation are going to happen. Another spoof end time story?

Goes on to say he was made a prophet.

http://ronaldweinland.com/?page_id=5

A sad case of someone who is only important in their own eyes. They get a gray cell to work and they think it is a divine revelation from god. Typical christian hucksterism for more money.

Another spoof end time story?

EVERY end-time story is total bullshit, every single one.

And before you hit me with "pascal's Wager" or other such insanity let me say this:

You hear a lot of xtians make the following statement:

OK, suppose you are right. What if there is no God? Then when I die as a believer, I have lost nothing. I just die, as a man that lived a good, moral honest life. HOWEVER, if you, as a atheist, are wrong and I turn out to be right, you have to spend all eternity buring forever in hell. See, I have nothing to lose, but you have everything to lose.

This argument is best known as Pascal's Wager, and most all of us here have heard it from fundies a thousand times, and I post this because I sense this is gonna be your come-back.

The major problems with this type of reasoning, is that there are thousands of gods that humans have imagined, worshiped, and even sacrificed human lives to. Here is a more MODERN example:

A muslim that believes in "Allah" can make this statement too, and so can a person who believes in ANY God, and so can a person who believes in Zeus. (TZIF btw) This VERY large amount of fictional gods with THE SAME WAGER, shows the silliness of the wager. There is no way to know which god to choose, because there is no evidence whatsoever indicating that any of them exist.

The fact is that religion is delusion, believing in things like Santa and his reindeer, or golden tablets in Ney York, or flying undead saviours is all delusion. By believing in an imaginary god, a believer has NOT "lost nothing." On the contray, they have sacrificed their whole lives, and most of their higher mental functions, tainting their thoughts and deeds with illussion/delussion. Believers commit themselves to a lifetime of STRONG delusion, instead of commiting and living their lives in reality. Non-believers, in contrast, live moral and loving lives without having to resort to mental gymnastics, or false fairy-tale delusion. Non-believers are normal human beings who embrace reality rather than delusion. As a result, they live much healthier lives. Their lives are full, and meaningful, their minds are healthier then the believer because the non-believer does not suffer from the mental affliciton of delussion.

The fact that there are so many gods proves that pascal's wager is indeed very silly. If there actually were an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving "god" in any form, he would be obvious to everyone and we would all align on him. His existence would be undeniable and impossible to hide.

Acorn I notice you no longer have a "squiggle", why is that? Are you starting to awaken?

I found this looking at some stuff in a search. Thought it was interesting. More interesting is that its from the Church of God which I was affiliated with. I wonder if this is church wide. The pastor gives specific dates of when the days of the abomination of desolation are going to happen. Another spoof end time story?

Goes on to say he was made a prophet.

http://ronaldweinland.com/?page_id=5

I want you to get 2 books.

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Guide-Apocaly...7988&sr=8-1

This one has an excellent listing of many of the times "the end" has been predicted. First off...the book is entertaining. Second...look how many times the "end" has been predicted wrong? What makes the current predictions any more reliable?

http://www.amazon.com/Paperback-Apocalypse...8134&sr=1-1

This is one I'm reading right now. The author is quite well known, and his research tends to be pretty exhaustive (it certainly is in this book). His main focus is calling BS on the Left Behind series, but at the same time, he's tearing the RaptureReady BS to bits as well. His main point of evidence is the bible itself.

Another spoof end time story?
EVERY end-time story is total bullshit, every single one.

And before you hit me with "pascal's Wager" or other such insanity let me say this:

You hear a lot of xtians make the following statement:

OK, suppose you are right. What if there is no God? Then when I die as a believer, I have lost nothing. I just die, as a man that lived a good, moral honest life. HOWEVER, if you, as a atheist, are wrong and I turn out to be right, you have to spend all eternity burning forever in hell. See, I have nothing to lose, but you have everything to lose.

Ok. I wasn't planning on a debate, but if you insist.

This argument is best known as Pascal's Wager, and most all of us here have heard it from fundies a thousand times, and I post this because I sense this is gonna be your come-back.

The major problems with this type of reasoning, is that there are thousands of gods that humans have imagined, worshiped, and even sacrificed human lives to. Here is a more MODERN example:

A muslim that believes in "Allah" can make this statement too, and so can a person who believes in ANY God, and so can a person who believes in Zeus. (TZIF btw) This VERY large amount of fictional gods with THE SAME WAGER, shows the silliness of the wager. There is no way to know which god to choose, because there is no evidence whatsoever indicating that any of them exist.

So. Which God has the most documentation?

The fact is that religion is delusion, believing in things like Santa and his reindeer, or golden tablets in New York, or flying undead saviours is all delusion. By believing in an imaginary god, a believer has NOT "lost nothing." On the contray, they have sacrificed their whole lives, and most of their higher mental functions, tainting their thoughts and deeds with illussion/delussion. Believers commit themselves to a lifetime of STRONG delusion, instead of commiting and living their lives in reality. Non-believers, in contrast, live moral and loving lives without having to resort to mental gymnastics, or false fairy-tale delusion. Non-believers are normal human beings who embrace reality rather than delusion. As a result, they live much healthier lives. Their lives are full, and meaningful, their minds are healthier then the believer because the non-believer does not suffer from the mental affliciton of delussion.

I live a very real life Swim. You can also become delusional after several days without food.

If there actually were an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving "god" in any form, he would be obvious to everyone and we would all align on him. His existence would be undeniable and impossible to hide.

I agree.

Acorn I notice you no longer have a "squiggle", why is that? Are you starting to awaken?

I am awakened just as much as you Swim.

Uhm, so wheres the debate?

The best you have is "amount of documentation"? Come on homie you can do better then that. Here's an equation for you:

<Amount of documentation> + <No scientific proof> + <incredible unbelievable claims> = (There is no god)

I want you to get 2 books.

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Guide-Apocaly...7988&sr=8-1

This one has an excellent listing of many of the times "the end" has been predicted. First off...the book is entertaining. Second...look how many times the "end" has been predicted wrong? What makes the current predictions any more reliable?

http://www.amazon.com/Paperback-Apocalypse...8134&sr=1-1

This is one I'm reading right now. The author is quite well known, and his research tends to be pretty exhaustive (it certainly is in this book). His main focus is calling BS on the Left Behind series, but at the same time, he's tearing the RaptureReady BS to bits as well. His main point of evidence is the bible itself.

Thanks WR

Im aware of all that. I just thought it was interesting being as thats a denomination I was trying to be a pastor in. They have stringent rules. Just wondering about this pastors claims of the end times; and if the church of god recognizes it.

The best you have is "amount of documentation"? Come on homie you can do better then that. Here's an equation for you:

<Amount of documentation> + <No scientific proof> + <incredible unbelievable claims> = (There is no god)

No Swim. That about sums my stance of belief up. Is that ok with you?

No Swim. That about sums my stance of belief up. Is that ok with you?

Ahh

hmmm pardon me, thought you were a fundie... doh! How the hell did I get that impression?? Shit man I guess I havent been following the boards much lately, you are actually EX now? Or am I thinking of someone else? Pardon if I am shooting at the wrong target...

doh...

I thought the Bible said that in the end times false prophets would rise up to decieve even the elect and that nobody would know the day or the hour. Of course the Bible is all vague enough that you can apply alot of what is written to anything and everything. Plus, my little disclaimer, I don't believe in any of it anyway.

Yeah. It does. Thats what was on my mind. But, this guy is talking about the abomination of desolation in Daniel. 1335 days. He saying its started. In the Gospels, I think Luke, Christ mentioned it and said those that have wisdom or whatever to understand. So. This pastor of church of god is claiming that, has already started.

My question to him is what is he basing that on. In one of the Gospels, it says what it is, armies surrounding Jerusalem. But, thats already happened in past. So, Im wondering where hes getting his foundation of this prophesy.

Why do you mean by "documentation"?

I think we have statutues of Zeus that have been around for three thousand years.

I don't think we have a single statue of Yahweh.

We do have statues and other evidence of many other gods.

There are written documents of unknown origin about a variety of gods, including the Christian-Judeo god.

Throughout the world, but especially in Northern Europe, gods are resurrecting today after having been totally killed dead and wiped off the face of the earth--along with all their followers and icons--more than a thousand years ago by the Christians. Gods of such vitality, of such power--surely these gods are immortal if ever gods were immortal. You want documentation? There you've got it.

Please note, the Judeo-Christian god is not among them. He's a newbie so far as gods go.

Ahh

hmmm pardon me, thought you were a fundie... doh! How the hell did I get that impression?? Shit man I guess I havent been following the boards much lately, you are actually EX now? Or am I thinking of someone else? Pardon if I am shooting at the wrong target...

doh...

No Im not a fundamentalist, and yes its the same acorn.

Just wondering about this pastors claims of the end times; and if the church of god recognizes it.

Why are you asking us what the church of god believes?

Just wondering about this pastors claims of the end times; and if the church of god recognizes it.

Why are you asking us what the church of god believes?

Im not.

Ahh

doh...

No Im not a fundamentalist, and yes its the same acorn.

OK, but are you an EX now? Or are you still in the cult?

OK, but are you an EX now? Or are you still in the cult?

I still am a Christian. I don't claim denomination.

Just guessing, but if you're going on volume, I'd be willing to be it one of the Hindu pantheon, probably Vishnu or Krishna.

Just guessing, but if you're going on volume, I'd be willing to be it one of the Hindu pantheon, probably Vishnu or Krishna.

Whats up eric :grin:

Maybe so. Dunno. Got any good links for that.

Acorn, did you see my Post 12 about the European gods? What do you think about their immortality?

Whats up eric :grin:

Maybe so. Dunno. Got any good links for that.

Here is a fabulous reference! I visit this site almost as often as I do this one! Highly recommended!

http://www.godchecker.com/

This prophecy stuff is freaky, but it gave me a shiver. Again there is this cruel and violant god full of hate killing every unbeliever. And those xians worship someone who plans to torture and kill billions of people? How insane is this?

And this asshole is sitting in his nice chair, talking about his "loving" god, who wants all people to become his children. This is so ridiculous. And I can imagine people sitting in the church, hugging their children and waiting for the end. This prophet deserves a kick in his ass. In 2010 this freak will explain the reasons, why the world was not destroyed. But during the next two years he can claim to be very close to god.

I hope that George Bush will not read this book.

Why would anyone buy this load of crap? Why would god choose this man over anyone else to reveal the end times prophecy? What makes him so special? This type of thinking and preaching is so dangerous in my opinion. ANYONE can say that they received a special prophecy from god.....anyone! So some people choose to believe this goon? You mine as well believe Joseph Smith then since he received a special message from god....a revelation! Oh no we better all run down to the mormon church and hurry and get baptized and sealed in the temple so we can go to the highest heaven because some man said that this is what "God" told him is the truth. Heck I could start my own church tomorrow and claim that god visited me in my room and gave me a message. What is happening to our society? We are becoming more gullable and stupid by the minute? No one thinks anymore or uses their logical brain? I shudder to think that families are sitting down with their innocent impressionable children telling them that the world is ending and many people with die and be cast into a lake of lit fire. This is sick and a form of child abuse!

I think people use religion and the bible as their pacifier. It is the only way they can find to cope with life and their own actions. Constantly thinking about going to heaven and leaving this earth for eternity in an unproven heaven. What a waste. Wasting this one life, this one chance as we know it to exist on this planet and create a legacy while we are here. Christianity is a way out....a way out from being accountable to oneself and others. Instead they are accountable to an imaginary man in the sky. What a lie so many have bought into...at the expense of humanity.

Colette

On youtube the search string "end time prophecies" brings up 1830 entries. And those are only the one that have a video. I suppose there are thousands of end time prophecies out there. And what about the Fatima prophecies and Nostradamus? I wonder which one is the real prophecy.

Why do you mean by "documentation"?

I think we have statutues of Zeus that have been around for three thousand years.

I don't think we have a single statue of Yahweh.

We do have statues and other evidence of many other gods.

There are written documents of unknown origin about a variety of gods, including the Christian-Judeo god.

Throughout the world, but especially in Northern Europe, gods are resurrecting today after having been totally killed dead and wiped off the face of the earth--along with all their followers and icons--more than a thousand years ago by the Christians. Gods of such vitality, of such power--surely these gods are immortal if ever gods were immortal. You want documentation? There you've got it.

Please note, the Judeo-Christian god is not among them. He's a newbie so far as gods go.

You have any good links. I love seeing new discoveries. Thanks Ruby