Goodbye Jesus

I Support Xtian Apologist Ranting

Internet Jesus

I support apologist squiddies on this site like YoYo and on youtube like venomfangx because I feel they are collecting bodies for their 'side' of the debate.

I saw the figure on a video floating around the internet somewhere, non-theistic literature is at it's all-time high selling point in this world.

The other democracies in this world are nearly all secular, and America is sick of bullshit.

The USA is the only theocracy left, and in the 21st century it's only a matter of time before education rubs ignorance into the pavement.

Religion had the option of silently coasting with us into the 21st century but as usual it's fighting science every step of the way, a very dangerous enemy it made some few thousand years ago.

THE MEAT OF MY THEORY:

Apologists that are drawing lines in the sand. They're causing very loud friction between science and religion to the point that it's making the crossing that line very easy.

This friction cannot last forever, and the more people we have behind this line of christian thinking the more of Christianity will strip off as we move forward into the future.

If Xtianity were a more streamlined religion like say Taoism there would be nothing to prove or disprove and it would only be a matter of personal beliefs, not national science. So because they've made their line so definite in the way of human progress, it simply cannot stand, and the higher they build their wall, the more of it will fall in the end.

GLORY

Goodbye Jesus

Interesting thesis, and I agree. If Christianity had contented itself on being just a private system of belief, with no hooks in civil society, it could have lasted forever. Now it's standing in the middle of the road with a deer-in-the-headlights look.

*kapow*

Roadkill stew, anyone?

Interesting thesis, and I agree. If Christianity had contented itself on being just a private system of belief, with no hooks in civil society, it could have lasted forever. Now it's standing in the middle of the road with a deer-in-the-headlights look.

*kapow*

Roadkill stew, anyone?

lol sounds like it would make a great MACRO

Personally, I suspect that our growing understanding of biology will make it increasingly difficult to maintain a literal belief in myth.

But I also suspect that our growing understanding will absolutely rock the foundations of science. Physics may turn out looking the most silly.

But I also suspect that our growing understanding will absolutely rock the foundations of science. Physics may turn out looking the most silly.

As it has in the past, and has always recovered from, growing better each time.

Right on man. I might have been more accurate to say contemporary physics.

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

Agreed. American christianity totally shot itself in the foot when it disregarded the seperation of church and state.

Personally, I suspect that our growing understanding of biology will make it increasingly difficult to maintain a literal belief in myth.

In time...

But from our limited perspective, these things we understand are spot on.

From our limited perspective.

In a way, you can't say that physics will ever look as silly as the church does.

In a way it will be donning clown shoes.

Because it's built to adapt, we welcome change with money and prizes.

Agreed. American christianity totally shot itself in the foot when it disregarded the seperation of church and state.

Well now the Senate is talking about passing a bill to get rid of our gun laws.

I fucking hate this country.

If Xtianity were a more streamlined religion like say Taoism there would be nothing to prove or disprove and it would only be a matter of personal beliefs, not national science. So because they've made their line so definite in the way of human progress, it simply cannot stand, and the higher they build their wall, the more of it will fall in the end.

GLORY

What's funny though is even the bible supports this since it commands Christians to avoid strivings about the law for it is unprofitable and useless, so even their own bible warns that Christians injecting their religion into politics will be the death of their religion. Too bad Christians never actually read their bibles to know this.

What's funny though is even the bible supports this since it commands Christians to avoid strivings about the law for it is unprofitable and useless, so even their own bible warns that Christians injecting their religion into politics will be the death of their religion. Too bad Christians never actually read their bibles to know this.

I think this is an interesting point.

I think this is an interesting point.

It's safe to say then that the problem we're having is more political?

It's safe to say then that the problem we're having is more political?

I'm suddenly in a strange state of mind IJ. I probably shouldn't even be responding here.

I'm not sure that I see a problem. What's the problem? Many Christians seem more concerned with holding political power over being beacons to the world. Does the saint say "we should" or "I will"?