Goodbye Jesus

Druggies And Jesus

D Laurier

What is it about druggies and jesus?

These people spend a week in rehab, and start ravig abot how jesus has rescued them from addiction....

But within a week of getting out of rehab they are stoned out of their tree,

lying in a puddle of their own puke and praising jesus for "blessing" them...

Blessing them with??? The chance to give blowjobs for beer money? The loss of all their teeth? The brutal and abusve pimp/boyfreind that is an even bigger druggie than they are??? Lice? Scabs? Matted hair? Respiratory infections that wont go away?

I think that if you have focused on one big thing in your life (like alkohol or drugs), it's comfortable to switch to another big focus, like religion.

All they are doing is substituting one drug for another. Unfortunately though one drug is real and the other is just a delusion. Back to the crack pipe...

• Super Moderator

People at the bottom of the human barrel have always been the easiest converts. Convicts, drug addicts, alcoholics, the abused and downtrodden are easy targets when they feel at the end of their rope. Their life hasn't worked with them calling the shots, so maybe Jesus should take charge. After all, it couldn't get any worse.

Or could it?

- Chris

I resent the implication! I'm a perfectly fine alky (recovering) and druggie without jebus! :lmao:

• Super Moderator
I resent the implication! I'm a perfectly fine alky (recovering) and druggie without jebus! :lmao:

Funny, I expected to hear from you!

- Chris

People at the bottom of the human barrel ..........

- Chris

Well, when I hear my name called........:wicked:

Well, they probably like the dopamine reward (from the wiki):

Psychological reward

A psychological reward is a process that reinforces behavior — something that, when offered, causes a behavior to increase in intensity. Reward is an operational concept for describing the positive value an individual ascribes to an object, behavioral act or an internal physical state. Primary rewards include those that are necessary for the survival of the species, such as food, water, and sex. Some people include shelter in primary reward. Secondary rewards derive their value from the primary reward and include money, pleasant touch, beautiful faces, music etc. The functions of rewards are based directly on the modification of behavior and less directly on the physical and sensory properties of rewards. For instance, altruism may induce a larger psychological reward, although it doesn't cause physical or sensory sensations, thus favouring such behaviour, also known as psychological egoism.

Rewards induce learning, approach behaviour and feelings of positive emotions.

Some people get more of a "reward" from the whole born again thing than others but it's no real mystery why the people who get born again when they're older are positively the most annoying people for varying lengths of time (depends how long this high can be sustained, err, I mean the "spirit" can be felt to be working within them or whatever).

mwc