Sign in to follow this  
webmdave

Speaking Of Faith

Speaking of Faith with Krista Tippett is public radio's conversation about religion, meaning, ethics, and ideas. Each week, Tippett probes the myriad ways in which religious impulses inform every aspect of life and culture, nationally and globally. Speaking of Faith fills an important and neglected need in American media by addressing the intellectual and spiritual content of religion head-on, illuminating the ideas and practices that form the headlines from the inside.

Now in its third year as a weekly program, Speaking of Faith has brought an unprecedented range of religious perspectives, voices, and topics to listeners on-air and on-line. The Columbia Journalism Review says of Tippett: "To listen to her show is to hear how intelligent and thoughtful religious people can be when they are allowed to be subjective and not merely regurgitate dogma."

For more information, visit the SOF website: http://speakingoffaith.publicradio.org/about/index.shtml

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Krista had a good one concerning disbelief, not too long ago. Even had Greg Epstein on one of them. Now those were keepers. Many, not all, I see, I end up deleting before I listen or stop them, then delete them.

I'm a big fan of her podcast. They do a really good job at covering all different forms of belief and non-belief, from atheism to Mormonism to Buddhism, plus things not normally considered religious or faith-related, such as education or poetry. They actually just changed the name to "Being" I believe, to better reflect the show's content.