Goodbye Jesus

New Here But I Already Feel At Home :)

gabby

Hi all! Wow, I am soo excited to have found this forum. I have experienced years of spiritual abuse at the hands of West Texas fundies. Although I don't really want to give a de-conversion testimony because I am still being deprogrammed I have finally cut all ties (except my parents) with anyone who professes to be a christian. YEAHHHH, It feels good to finally be safe.

As someone who has had severe mood disorders from birth I spent the first 21 years of my life being pounced on by people speaking in tonges trying to drive out the demons. Damn, and to think that all this time I really did have a medical conditon and wasn't just a vessel for evil. Anyhow my parents are dominionist evangelical missionaries and I have been immersed in this stuff since birth and thanks to a particularly nasty experience of that special kind of christian love called "shunning" or "disfellowship" I finally have decided to truely go my own way and quit fearing that my life will be horrible if I am not a christian. My experience has been really complicated but I am really happy to have found a community of rational people.:)

Welcome gabby,

"Rational"? Welllllllll subjective to definition, does "is" mean "is" or *is"? :)

Welcome to ExC and a damnned decent place to hang hat and set feet up and use some good on.ass on.line time.

kevinL

Welcome, Gabby, and congrats on getting free. You'll find a treasure trove of info here, as we have deconverts from about every named religion. Relax, poke around, ask questions, and take comfort in good company.

--Larry

• Super Moderator

Demons? I got yer demons, right here!

Welcome to the rational world. We're not all rational in the strictest sense, but at least we don't believe in demons!

- Chris

Guest eejay

Hi and welcome. Many of us here can relate to your experiences. The healing process will no doubt take some time, but you have found a wonderful source in this site. It has been a tremendous asset to me.

And I'm glad you're here :)

Sorry to hear that you got the short end of the Xian psychological nightmare. But you seem to have come out of it with a good outlook.

Still in Texas?

Anyway look forward to hearing from you in the future

Welcome! It's a very homey place indeed.

West Texas fundies? Where? Or are you talking about midwest Texas, not far west Texas? It's always seemed pretty secular out here, barring the crap from the state government. El Paso is kind of like a little New Englandish town out in the middle of redneck country.

Anyway, this is a great place to find out all you need to and to let out some steam sometimes. I hope you enjoy it here!

Welcome, gabby! Glad you found this glorious place! Glory!

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome :woohoo: A little about myself... I'm originally from Abilene, TX (aka: the 9th circle of hell) but I have lived in Dallas, Denver, and currently NYC. I study German and journalism & I love reading philosophy & history. I love animals and nature documentaries. Hmmm... what else...my favorite question is "why?" and I have trouble taking things at face value so I am really good at pissing off fundamentalists even when I was trying to be one. Go figure :scratch: And finally, I joined this board b/c it has the best emoticons. :wicked:

Glad to have you Gabby.

The folks around here are the smartest and most wholesome peeps I know.

Welcome!

West Texas Fundies would be a great name for a band. ;)

Welcome! Glad you found us.