Goodbye Jesus

Proof Earth Is Young!

Brother Jeff

Scripturally sound book debunks a theory favored by Darwinists.

Longwood, FL (PRWEB) March 28, 2008 -- The church of Jesus Christ for the most part embraced a young earth creation until the time of Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. Once Darwin's theory was made known around the world, with its seemingly indisputable proof that the earth was hundreds of millions of years old, the science community quickly grabbed hold of it. They then began asserting that there was no God and that plants, animals, and man all evolved from lower life forms. In Daniel Barefoot's newly released book, Ten Scriptural Reasons That the Earth Is Young (paperback, 978-1-60477-865-6), the author debunks this outrageous theory with scripturally sound proof that the earth is 6,000 years old.

Says the author, "Most books on the subject of a young earth creation are scientifically based and not one hundred percent scripturally based. [My book has scriptural proof that the earth is young."

As Barefoot began ardently searching the Bible for answers to the questions raised by this dispute, he didn't realize his belief in an old creation was about to drastically change. One day as he was reading Hebrews 9:26, a particular phrase jumped out at him: "Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the foundation of the world." He realized this would mean Christ would have had to suffer the sins of man every day for hundreds of millions of years long before man was even created by God--and that didn't make sense to him. He built the rest of the book upon this verse in the hope that it would convince the old creation theory believers otherwise.

Xulon Press, a part of Salem Communications Corporation, is the world's largest Christian publisher, with more than 5,000 titles published to date. Retailers may order Ten Scriptural Reasons That the Earth Is Young through Ingram Book Company and/or Spring Arbor Book Distributors. Salem Communications is the country's leading Christian communications company with interests in radio, Internet, and magazine publishing.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2008/3/prweb804914.htm

Yet another abysmally scientifically ignorant fundie moron releases yet another book that equally ignorant Christian morons will undoubtedly rejoice over. These people are delusional and in some ways completely disconnected from REALITY!

Guest Net Eng
Says the author, "Most books on the subject of a young earth creation are scientifically based and not one hundred percent scripturally based. [My book has scriptural proof that the earth is young."

I wonder some days how the human race survives...

The damn book (bible) has been altered, redacted and just plain changed over its history. It cannot be used as a reliable source of evidence for anything (IMHO).

Apparently the idiots at How Old is the earth got it wrong.

I guess using science is poor way to explain the universe around us :Hmm:

Is it sad that I thought this was another parody at first? I just couldn't believe people could be this stupid without this being some kind of joke.

Lets ignore science for a moment: That verse is soooooo taken out of context, it's as bad or worse than the your body is the temple of the holy spirit verse when used to argue against smoking.

Besides, everyone knows the earth is old because it's been shaving since before Adam's supposed time.

Guest Marty

...Once Darwin's theory was made known around the world, with its seemingly indisputable proof that the earth was hundreds of millions of years old, the science community quickly grabbed hold of it.

I didn't know Darwin tackled geology too! I thought his books only discused biology.

:lmao:

OMG! I can now toss out my science and astronomy books because now can I have just one book some fundy buttwipe wrote, based on the babble to boot!, that will clarify all of my questions about everything. Christians just don't get it. Anything written by them that is only written in accordance with scripture is laughable and generally found to be totally false. Another case of a brain washed semi-intellectual writing under the delusion he is a scientist.

Even if the theory of evolution is incorrect, this does not mean the creationists and young earth loons are true in their assumptions. We still have the history of the earth and its creation embedded in stone. Geologist don't care what the argument is between christians and evolutionists, geologists have their proof chiseled in the workings of the continents and time. Unlike people, rocks do not lie.

Does my last post mean rocks are smarter than Christians? Rocks are more ethical.

Hmm ...

I can easily disprove this "young earth" assertions by using a dating method called K40 (Potassium 40) to Ar40 (Argon 40) dating. K40 has a half life of 1.248(3)×10 to the power of 9 years. That's 1.3 billion years.

There's also overwhelming geological evidence regarding the age of the earth.

If this planet came in to existence 6000 years ago, we'd know about it.

Longwood, FL (PRWEB) March 28, 2008 -- The church of Jesus Christ for the most part embraced a young earth creation until the time of Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. Once Darwin's theory was made known around the world, with its seemingly indisputable proof that the earth was hundreds of millions of years old, the science community quickly grabbed hold of it. They then began asserting that there was no God and that plants, animals, and man all evolved from lower life forms. In Daniel Barefoot's newly released book, Ten Scriptural Reasons That the Earth Is Young (paperback, 978-1-60477-865-6), the author debunks this outrageous theory with scripturally sound proof that the earth is 6,000 years old.

As Barefoot began ardently searching the Bible for answers to the questions raised by this dispute, he didn't realize his belief in an old creation was about to drastically change. One day as he was reading Hebrews 9:26, a particular phrase jumped out at him: "Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the foundation of the world." He realized this would mean Christ would have had to suffer the sins of man every day for hundreds of millions of years long before man was even created by God--and that didn't make sense to him. He built the rest of the book upon this verse in the hope that it would convince the old creation theory believers otherwise.

Xulon Press, a part of Salem Communications Corporation, is the world's largest Christian publisher, with more than 5,000 titles published to date. Retailers may order Ten Scriptural Reasons That the Earth Is Young through Ingram Book Company and/or Spring Arbor Book Distributors. Salem Communications is the country's leading Christian communications company with interests in radio, Internet, and magazine publishing.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2008/3/prweb804914.htm

Yet another abysmally scientifically ignorant fundie moron releases yet another book that equally ignorant Christian morons will undoubtedly rejoice over. These people are delusional and in some ways completely disconnected from REALITY!

Honestly, it's fucking scary.

OMG!!! Science is not supported by scripture!?! All this time I've been researching micro-organisms that the bible makes no mention of? I feel so dirty! How could I be so blind!?!?

...Once Darwin's theory was made known around the world, with its seemingly indisputable proof that the earth was hundreds of millions of years old, the science community quickly grabbed hold of it.

I didn't know Darwin tackled geology too! I thought his books only discused biology.

:lmao:

That would be because christians appear to fail at their "task" unless they have a percieved enemy. Poor Darwin eh? He's creating as much of a shitstorm from his quiet, well engineered observations now as he did back then.

Got to love those christians who say "if we came from monkeys, how come there are still monkeys" etc etc...

It's so irritating how stupid people can be.

Here's a quote about the history of Geology and the estimation of the age of Earth:

In the 1700's belief in a 6000 year old Earth crumbled. Attempts to calculate the age of the Earth from physical considerations yielded estimates that ranged from 75,000 years (Buffon, 1774) to several billion years (de Maillet, Buffon).

The physical models were open to question and, in retrospect, were naive. The geological evidence was more serious. It became quite clear that many areas of the Earth had alternated between being land and being covered by seas, that there had been extensive slow sedimentation, that the mountains had not been created in situ as is but rather had a long history of slow deformation, and that long periods of erosion had shaped the Earth everywhere.

Source: Talkorigins, Geo history

Now lets look at when Charles Robert Darwin lived: born 12 February 1809, and died 19 April 1882.

So how the fuck could he have made the proof that the Earth was old? He wasn't alive and it wasn't him! The whole "old earth" theory started much earlier than Darwin, and it was because of the "old earth" theory that Darwin could actually see the possibility of an Evolution instead of Special Creation.

So back to the book. If this author is that ignorant about historical facts, then we can know that his/her so called "proof" is just more bull-shit and random ramblings of a crazy religious nut-job.

Very entertaining. I wonder, has that article made it to FSTDT?

It's almost as good as the rationalizations for how dinosaurs made it aboard Noah's ark, and what happened to them after...

Oh...my head! My fucking head!!!