Goodbye Jesus

Mccain Advisor Rod Parsley:

par4dcourse

I kid you not. Un-fucking-believeable. Link

Very scary!

Rod Parsley? I know that guy. I heard him preach when he was a rookie and didn't have a church... scary that I used to like him... The God fantasy has gone to his brain and fried any sanity that was left.

• Super Moderator

AM I NOT DEPRESSED ENOUGH ALREADY?

So we should vote for . . . . . . . .

:ugh:

Hadn't had the displeasure of hearing about this Ron fellow. I'm not really surprised McCain likes him, people gravitate towards theology they are comfortable with.

America's 'divine purpose' is what is ruining the world and our own country today. America does not have a divine purpose. Our purpose is to provide a place of liberty and freedom for those who desire to live the same way. Our purpose is not to interfere with other countries and fight wars concocted by retarded presidents.

And here I thought Columbus' purpose was to find a shorter trade route and discovered America by sheer accident. Besides, I thought it wasn't even America itself that Columbus actually discovered but that America wasn't discovered until later?

I, for one, would like to see islam obliterated, but not at the behest of christianity.

Rod Parsley? I know that guy. I heard him preach when he was a rookie and didn't have a church... scary that I used to like him... The God fantasy has gone to his brain and fried any sanity that was left.

I've heard of him too from years ago, I think my dad used to be a fan of his. :ugh:

There's something about being a Christian preacher that seems to turn a lot of these guys into whack jobs as the years go by. Look at Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, et al. I don't know if it's midlife crisis or old age or if they just plain let their "success" go to their head and they become nothing more than attention/media whores.

It would just be sort of laughable if there weren't so many people who agreed with him. Unfortunatlely, this isn't fringe thinking.

• 1 month later...

What a couple of stupid shit-eatin' grins!

mccain_303636a.jpg

Parsley.....really? That's the best you can do?

That would be the anti-publicity photo...couldn't make it worse if they tried.

Atheist blogger Austin has sort of hit on a point I've long maintained: Obama has been bruised by a feeding frenzy worthy of a river of piranhas as a result of his association with Wright, while McCain, with associations equally scary, has generated scarcely a murmur.

Don't get me wrong: Obama and McCain's spiritual guides are BOTH bat-shit off the deep end and very frightening. That Obama would have such a longstanding relationship with his and give him so much credence bespeaks poorly of the judgement and thinking skills of a man who would be president. It does NOT leave me with a comfortable feeling.

HOWEVER: at least Obama has a proven record of not allowing his demented preacher to dictate his policy as a legislator. McCain, on the other hand, is another disaster out of the pocket of the religious right, although not as monumental a disaster as Bush, not terribly far behind. While taking slightly less toxic positions than Bush on a few issues that amount to legislation from the pulpit, McCain is still out to implement much of the evangelical xian driven policy of his bat-shit supporters, including loading the Supreme Court with more of the same appointees that Bush has, and is therefore at least an order of magnitude more frightening then Obama. Anyone who is concerned about Obama's connection should be downright panicked about McCain's connections.

Personally, I think that Obama's link with Wright notwithstanding, he is the least of the three evils among the available candidates, and the best possible candidate the American public would be willing to make even close to becoming president. I would ALMOST rank him among the tiny, tiny, TINY number of politicians that I would actually vote FOR as opposed to selecting as the lesser of two evils. ALMOST, but not quite.

Just a little note here... I used to drive some distance to attend Parsley's special services in Ohio when I lived in Louisville. That grin you see? I've seen it on TV and in person many, many times. THAT grin is the "I'm smiling cause I have to" grin. I've seen an unguarded smile from the Rev. Parsley... very different; makes him look much younger and more approachable. This is his "executive board" face.

I've also seen him make this face when a young, green preacherboy on TV was 'expounding' on some bible verse and supposedly got 'deep'... Parsley slapped on that grin as if to say, "boy, I sure hope I look impressed... this new kid's full of self-righteous shit... he still hasn't learned that you don't fill the offering buckets with deep bible study... you fill them with empty promises of psychosomatic miracles and unfulfilled money blessings."

Or was I just reading too much into it...?

Naah.

Don't get me wrong: Obama and McCain's spiritual guides are BOTH bat-shit off the deep end and very frightening. That Obama would have such a longstanding relationship with his and give him so much credence bespeaks poorly of the judgement and thinking skills of a man who would be president. It does NOT leave me with a comfortable feeling.

HOWEVER: at least Obama has a proven record of not allowing his demented preacher to dictate his policy as a legislator. McCain, on the other hand, is another disaster out of the pocket of the religious right, although not as monumental a disaster as Bush, not terribly far behind. While taking slightly less toxic positions than Bush on a few issues that amount to legislation from the pulpit, McCain is still out to implement much of the evangelical xian driven policy of his bat-shit supporters, including loading the Supreme Court with more of the same appointees that Bush has, and is therefore at least an order of magnitude more frightening then Obama. Anyone who is concerned about Obama's connection should be downright panicked about McCain's connections.

One thing I don't get about all this shit with the Rev Wright and Parsley that the media seems to be ignoring is why are they even apart of the campaign anyway? What happened to that thing about no one should be required to have a religious test to qualify or something in the U.S. constitution?

I kid you not. Un-fucking-believeable. Link

McCain eagerly kisses the buttocks of Parsley and Hagee.

According to these two God-soaked radical Christian clerics, the U.S. military is a tool to spread Christianity to the world.

Foreign policy is to be based on the Bible, as interpreted by elite Christians like these.

These preachers work in the background of national policy, weaving their schemes and spinning their webs.

The media will never seriously question McCain about this because it's a sacred cow, an issue that would bring Christian dogma and the Bible into the light for examination.

A large portion of the American public is so intoxicated with Christian propaganda that they think McCain is closer to "God" than the other candidates.

These people are insane and McCain is a shill.

If this pandering jackass gets elected, then the American people are going to get exactly what they voted for.

They'll get endless war, Roy Moore as a Supreme Court justice, a new "tweaked" constitution based on the Bible, and Christian clerics pulling the strings behind the scenes.