Goodbye Jesus

Holy Light?

Asimov

Yes, and the presidency of the united states was there before I was born too. But, that doesn't mean that it hasn't changed, and that it hasn't had different faces. I'm not going to get into a real long back-and-forth theological debate on this forum, but it is certain from The Scriptures in my eyes that Eastern Orthodoxy can't possibly be truly Christian. They are a sister denomination of Catholicism, filled with images, worship of mary, false doctrines, etc. The claim that the eastern orthodox church was there first is misleading. This is also the claim that Catholicism makes. And the two branches have been feuding for political and spiritual power of the population ever since their division in the eleventh century. The fact is that neither is in lign with The Scriptures. I entertained the notion that perhaps throughout those ages, there was still a remnant of God, adhering to The Scriptures. However, it appears that there weren't hardly any Scriptures for the first many centuries after Christ's Resurrection.

Where, then, was The Church for all those years? Either there had to be a small remnant, or The Bible is not true. For The Bible already shows Eastern Orthodoxy and Catholicism to be false.

Did people have access to Scriptures for all those centuries? It seems that the Protestant Gospel of Grace was totally silent all the way up until the Protestant Revolution. It seems that, other than sending Jesus to die on The Cross, God did not work very hard to help people to actually hear The Gospel, since the message was quieted for many centuries.

Where, then, was The Church for all those years? Either there had to be a small remnant, or The Bible is not true. For The Bible already shows Eastern Orthodoxy and Catholicism to be false.

:eek: Perhaps you should do yourself the favor of reading a little church history.

You got your precious bible from then entity that split into Roman and Orthodox. These churches know that the bible was made by them. Thus they know that their authority supersedes your particular idol. Protestants act like the book descended on angels wings to Zondervan publishing.

The Orthodox Church was, so to speak, the first successful protestant church. You do know they use icons because they disputed graven images, right?

Did people have access to Scriptures for all those centuries? It seems that the Protestant Gospel of Grace was totally silent all the way up until the Protestant Revolution. It seems that, other than sending Jesus to die on The Cross, God did not work very hard to help people to actually hear The Gospel, since the message was quieted for many centuries.

You do understand that it was not possible for every person to have a personal copy of the Bible before Gutenberg, right? So if God intended the bible to be your authority, it is odd that he didn't have Peter invent the printing press, isn't it?

Luther invented the Protestant Gospel of Grace though maybe the Cathars had something like it. So were was that for 1500 years? You assume that it was original without any evidence to back it up.

Ok, this is odd. I clicked on this topic in my e-mail and got over 50 windows. They just kept coming. I had to reboot. But this time, I only got one window.

From what I remember in my days as Christian, we had crosses, which is an image too. Tell me where in the Bible it tells us to use the symbol of a cross in our church? And about doctrines, there's 37,000 different denominations of Christians in this world, who has the authority to say which doctrine is right or wrong? You? Your pastor? You little cult? Some author that wrote a book everyone loves in your church? It's time for you to wake up and realize that you could be the one that doesn't have the right faith.

I've yet to hear of any Christian church that doesn't use crosses in some form, unless it's in a country besides America.

And what about the nativity thingy at Christmas? That's a graven image. What about Jesus stickers on the car? Aren't they images too? What's the fuss about graven images when even the current protestant church use it everywhere! Like all Christians, only my version is the right one, and the others are wrong because _________. And usually the argument is something they do themselves. So silly!

The Catholic Church and all following versions of Christianity are built on two pillars: the scripture and tradition.

The catholic and orthodox churches have a lot of traditions, and yes, some of the traditions doesn't fit too well with the Bible. But unfortunately most protestantic churches have traditions that are not Biblical either.

Let me ask you Jason, do you let women speak in church? Do they go to church with or without head cover? What does the Bible say about these things?

What about the Bible say that you should stone a disobedient son? Do the church you were going to before (since I suspect you're not going anymore, which is good ;) ) follow that practice?