Goodbye Jesus

God Inspires People! It's Proof Enough He Exist.

DarthOkkata

I was at my younger sister's rehearsal dinner, she's getting married in a few days and I have to hang about all my christian relatives and am forced into 'behaving' by letting them make Jesus jokes and titter like twits. I also have to attend another mass, sigh.

At any rate, one of my aunts got to talking god with me with the help of my well on the way to drunk, uncles. She came up with this as her ultimate proof of god. "God inspires people! That's why I believe in him, he has the power to inspire, no one else can do that."

"Um, then how do you explain Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Ronald Regan, George Washington, Abraham Lincon, Martin Luther King, George Lucas, Jon Stewart, and Carrot Top? He does have a bit of a following. Odd that. I've been inspired by William Shatner before. It's kind of embarrassing."

She got a satisfying expression and shut up.

There was a bit of discomfort, and the subject magically fluttered away.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
"I've been inspired by William Shatner before."

I always said he was a god

GOd inspires people and non one else can? Are you sure she wasn't drunk too.

A quick Google search:

http://www.adherents.com/people/100_heroes.html

http://www.inspiring-quotes-and-stories.co...eople-list.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...21153210AAEeBuk

I'm sure we could compile a list of thousands, and that doesn't even include people who we knew personally who inspired us.

And Joe Pesci is a God...

Aw yes, sparring with relatives. One of my favorite past-times.

I get cornered at every wedding and funeral. Usually I can make a diversion by screaming 'THE CHURCH IS ON FIRE! SAVE THE SACRAMENTAL WINE!' I'm kidding ...

Relatives are harder to talk to than strangers.

Oh yes, God certainly dies inspire people. God inspired the jihadists to hijack the planes and kill over 3,000 people! God inspired Jim Jones to kill 900+ people with cyanide laced Koolaid. Yeah, God sure does bring out the best in people! *SNORT*

"Denny Crane" --Denny Crane. Damn, who wouldn't be inspired by words like that. :grin:

Considering his ego, he probably thinks of himself as such.

Oh yes, God certainly dies inspire people. God inspired the jihadists to hijack the planes and kill over 3,000 people! God inspired Jim Jones to kill 900+ people with cyanide laced Koolaid. Yeah, God sure does bring out the best in people! *SNORT*

I've heard that one before. I try to avoid using it, because it deflects off their shields and makes them angry. Could it be they were all really inspired by......

SATAN?!!

Throw in a few positive inspiration figures to make the irrationalization more difficult. If you're lucky, they'll overload and their mouth will stop working.

I think Carrot Top is good proof that there is no God.

God sure inspires the US into a lot of wars and conflicts, which have nothing to do with peace on earth as the final outcome but the safety of American interests.

God sure inspires the US into a lot of wars and conflicts, which have nothing to do with peace on earth as the final outcome but the safety of American interests.

Let's make it clear though, God was used to rally people into acting over oil interest that were better off left alone, seemingly just because we happened to be in the neighborhood.

I'm all for drumming up some war charges to get that retard out of office. The torture alone would be enough, pile on that the lies, changing storyline, and continuing BS of the American public. Just thinking about him makes my brain want to squirt out of my ears and run away.

I'm sure his did long ago.

GOd inspires people and non one else can? Are you sure she wasn't drunk too.

I was wondering the same thing myself.

"God inspires people! That's why I believe in him, he has the power to inspire, no one else can do that."

Finally! Now I know for sure. *I* am god. I've always thought so but couldn't ever 100% sure because people were always really hesitant to say so lest it go to my head but this proves it. People have said I inspire them. Since we now know that only god can inspire people we know for sure that I am god. Please thank your insightful aunt for clarifying this for me. She must be a true prophetess.

Of course, if you feel shy about telling her this I don't really blame you. It's not as though I could create universes or perform miracles and heal people. All I can do is predict the future but I can't control things when my predictions don't seem to be coming true. However, I'm really very good at predicting events after the fact. I have this tact of suddenly remembering a dream that was exactly like an event that is now coming to pass. That is actually true but I could embellish it a bit for her sake if that would help.

Can you tell that the Spirit is upon me?

Nah, he isn't a god, just a sell out (see Priceline.com for more info)

But he is a GOD among the sell-outs... Bill rules! (ok, ok....so I'm a bit of a geek)

• 2 weeks later...

God does have the power to inspire.... Inspire Fear, Ignorance, and psychosis......