Goodbye Jesus

Find Out About The Both Of You.

chefranden

Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story about how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another.

See the Video

Or read the Transcript

Yeah, I thought that was excellent too End. Thanks Chef.

• Super Moderator

Great find. Thanks.

I think that's a first-hand insight into spirituality. Shut off or ignore the left brain through drugs, meditation, trauma or ritual, and go to La La Land! That is the ecstatic experience that spiritual people describe. Here's proof that it is physiological in origin and not external. Similar results have been found in the "near death" experience.

- Chris

Hey LR,

The two halves of the brain remind me of Kauffman's autocatalytic drawing.....a mobius strip, figure 8, infinity.....a Spiritual feed on one side and a transfer to the body and then back.

Great find. Thanks.

I think that's a first-hand insight into spirituality. Shut off or ignore the left brain through drugs, meditation, trauma or ritual, and go to La La Land! That is the ecstatic experience that spiritual people describe. Here's proof that it is physiological in origin and not external. Similar results have been found in the "near death" experience.

- Chris

I loved how she explained about the "light" that near death experiences normally include. Also, I've read about people who go to hell in those experiences. Part of that burning white light could easily be interpreted as hell. Didn't she also mention about a narrow peripheral vision that could be the "long tunnel"? I forget some of the details. I really liked that she was able to bring her training and education to her own experience like this. It's quite a gift to the world. And she's making it available for free. Awsome.

Chris, I found it when you posted it in the Coleseum. And I found this thread because I saw LR and End discussing it in the shoutbox. Just giving credit where credit is due.