Goodbye Jesus

The xtian preacher tried to scare people

bluewizard

He did today. I just reminded myslef this isn't true and even if it was I'd rather be with Satan and Lucifer than with a mean bastard God. Why do some people fall for it?

You still have to go to church? Poor fella!

It never stops facinate me that the concept is like this:

An alleged God has an alleged heaven, with an alleged nemesis and an alleged hell, and allegely if we follow some contradictory laws that allegedly came from God himself, we will spend an alleged eternity in this heaven.

Funny how everything is nothing but a house of cards.

You still have to go to church? Poor fella!

It never stops facinate me that the concept is like this:

An alleged God has an alleged heaven, with an alleged nemesis and an alleged hell, and allegely if we follow some contradictory laws that allegedly came from God himself, we will spend an alleged eternity in this heaven.

Funny how everything is nothing but a house of cards.

I got a little nervous but I reminded myslef this isn't true. He makes it seem like you'll regret not becoming an xtian. And said selfishness and pride is a sin. WTF. :grin:

I got a little nervous but I reminded myslef this isn't true.  He makes it seem like you'll regret not becoming an xtian.  And said selfishness and pride is a sin. WTF.  :grin:

It would make me nervous too. Burrrh!

One of the powers of church is peer pressure, that can make you give up logic and reason fast unless you're carefull.

Why do some people fall for it?

The wonderful powers of brainwashing, fear, and guilt :shrug:

He did today.  I just reminded myslef this isn't true and even if it was I'd rather be with Satan and Lucifer than with a mean bastard God.  Why do some people fall for it?

I live in my own pad, but my aunt is still my guardian and I still have to go to church sometimes when ever she says. When I go to church I never participate in prayer and I give a clear message that I am not christian by not showing fear when I hear the pastor spew threats on our souls in his sermons. They have no power over me any more.

People believe because they have been brainwashed into believing. Every person in church is a victim of brainwashing. You don't have to be stupid to be a victim you just have to be human. The religion plays on human fears and desires. Our own humanity can also be the means to break those chains.

I am glad you are free.

I'm going to Sweden in August. Tickets are booked.

What I fear most (more than going to Church), is that my parents might want me to pray with them... I'm not sure I know how to pray anymore, and I don't want to pretend, but I don't want to hurt their feelings either by telling them the truth... Tricky... My dad is in his last days of life, so I don't want to be cause to sadness, since I think he deserves his last days to be happy and peacefull.

:shrug:

I'm going to Sweden in August. Tickets are booked.

What I fear most (more than going to Church), is that my parents might want me to pray with them... I'm not sure I know how to pray anymore, and I don't want to pretend, but I don't want to hurt their feelings either by telling them the truth... Tricky... My dad is in his last days of life, so I don't want to be cause to sadness, since I think he deserves his last days to be happy and peacefull.

:shrug:

Maybe in a few cases its wrong to be right. Follow your heart Hans. No shame in loving your parents. I'm sorry your in such a situation. Just do what you think is the most loving.

I hope you can just focus on enjoying your time with your folks without a heavy heart. You all deserve that.

My little plan is to not tell anyone when I go there, and pretend everything is as normal (and boy that will be hard, I always want to tell the truth and be honest...and I'm being honest here...)

But my younger brother comes over with me on the same flight back to US, and will stay 2 weeks. I might tell him, but ask him to keep it quiet.

Hmmm. I wonder how he will react to me smoking cigars and have a whiskey now and then... man have I changed...

Honestly? It still scares me to death, but I have to beleive that as long as I am a good person that if there is a God I would pass their test.

-Jake

The morally-polarised dynamic of Heaven/Hell is one of the greatest intellectual flaws in the entire religion. First of all, the concept of a Universal heaven or Hell where EVERYONE of a like mind/personality ends up is bunkum, relying upon an extremely narrow view of human psychology as well as the absurd notion that everyone on earth has similar ideas of what constitutes Heaven and or Hell. Call me perverse if you like, but most of the depictions of Hell I've seen seem rather interesting, if only aesthetically. Take "Hell" by Hieronymous Bosch, or the beautifully twisted works of H.R Giger. I have no doubt to many they seem hellish and disturbing; my mind is wired in a weird way; to me they are fascinating, almost desirable. Similarly, why the Hell would I want to go to a standardised Heaven populated by people I would no doubt hate with a vengeance? Maybe I'm sadistic; perhaps my idea of "heaven" is hurting people, but by the same token perhaps I still conform to all the criteria necessary to go to Heaven. Would my paradise therefore being allowed to let rip with scalpel and saw for a lifetime of religious obedience and self-denial? I'm sure most Christians and most Muslims for that matter regard the promise of Heaven in a similar and similarly perverse manner; that for their lifetime of abstinence and repression they will be rewarded by being able to do all of those things they denied themselves in "life". Like I said, it's absurd.

Honestly? It still scares me to death, but I have to beleive that as long as I am a good person that if there is a God I would pass their test.

-Jake

That was the very first attitude that I developed at 10 when I was questioning the bible and if bible god really is love or not after reading the bible cover to cover. I was already hooked on a loving god from the sermons of our first preacher. Funny how I chose a loving god over the bible stories of a god after having read elisha and his bears right along with the other horrible O.T. stories.

I still feel the same way. I see no evidence of a creator myself, but if I'm wrong I'm not afraid of a being intelligent enough to create the whole damn universe. If there is a god it obviously doesn't care if I believe in it or not. So I am not afraid. Simple.

My little plan is to not tell anyone when I go there, and pretend everything is as normal (and boy that will be hard, I always want to tell the truth and be honest...and I'm being honest here...)

But my younger brother comes over with me on the same flight back to US, and will stay 2 weeks. I might tell him, but ask him to keep it quiet.

Hmmm. I wonder how he will react to me smoking cigars and have a whiskey now and then... man have I changed...

When you pray with your family; in your mind pray to them ONLY. It might make it easier. Be connected to them. Grateful to be with them.

I think there are cases were we can show love and gratitude by protecting the people who we love by not sharing everything that we think. Telling them that you are an apostate is not necessary as they do not live with you here in the States. I think you'll be fine Hans. Your a good man.

As far as the cigars and whiskey.....you can always quit. :HaHa:

Liquor is quicker but candies are cheaper and tastes much better hehe.

The wonderful powers of brainwashing

yeah talking about the power of brainwashing

when I started going to this college group (I am required to go due to my living situation) the first night titled "Tools of the Devil"

point 1. "if anyone calls scripture in to question they are an agent of the devil"

so to question the so called "word of god" is evil... Well then say hello to SATAN! :fdevil: