Goodbye Jesus

Atheist Manifesto

PandaPirate

Ok, let's get one thing straight. I am NOT an atheist. I do believe in some kind of force, but I do not believe it to be interested in me personally. That being said, I was interested in reading the Atheist Manifesto by Michel Onfray.

In it, he says that Moses could not have written down what YAHWHE said unless he did it in heirogliphics becuse the Hebrew script did not exist in the days of Moses.

Is this correct? If so, all I can say is WOW.

In it, he says that Moses could not have written down what YAHWHE said unless he did it in heirogliphics becuse the Hebrew script did not exist in the days of Moses.

Is this correct? If so, all I can say is WOW.

Interesting stuff. No idea they couldn't write in hebrew back then.

The works of Moses were not written until years after Moses and the other boys were long dead. Moses did not write the works of Moses. The books were written about him, not by him--otherwise how can you explain the third-person accounts of Moses and his one on one meetings with god? Someone else wrote about Moses. The books of Moses were written in Hebrew and then Greek, then Latin, then English, or something like that. The laws Moses wrote down were chisled into small stones of which you could put both of them into one hand. Moses did not bring 600 laws to the Israelites, they were added over years until we have what we have today. The writings were kept on animal hides stitched together which made it easier to cut out, rewrite, and restitch when laws were added.

The tablets of Moses were about this size:

pictograph.jpg

It is impossible to know what was on the tablets since they were lost when the Ark of the Covenant was carried off during one of the periods when Israel was over-run by a foreign country. The stones and the ark were conveniently lost before they were ever researched. Rumor has it they reside in Ethiopia. It is kind of like Joseph Smith losing his tablets and translation and having to do them over again ... Not very credible no matter what language.

I forgot to add that the first writing would have probably been in cuneiform

Thank you for the clarification. I knew that sounded strange.

Did you enjoy that book? I only got a few chapters in and got bored... should I persevere?

Did you enjoy that book? I only got a few chapters in and got bored... should I persevere?

Do like I did. Read the good parts and take it back to Barnes and Noble and get your money back.