Goodbye Jesus

Christianity Invades Fast Food

Neon Genesis

- I want a McJesus

- You want to supersize that?

- No thanks, I take a regular size Jesus... but can I have a side of hell-fire fries?

It's those goddamned Dominionist christians trying to take over the world. First they will get our burgers, then our tacos! :angry:

Seriously though, is it me or does it seem like the U.S. is getting more and more jesus crazy? Moreso it seems after my deconversion! Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive to the mind virus. I also watched the Idol show with Dolly. I thought they were going to have an altar call. I bet Simon is an atheist. You could tell he was very uncomfortable. Can't blame him, I would have been puking on Paula! :puke:

One more tune for the newly created christian burger genre:

Bless the burger lord, oh my soul, and all the onions and ketchup, bless his greasy name! :HaHa:

No it is not just you....I and others I talk to think that the US is becoming jesus crazy. You ever watch comedian Pat Condell on youtube? Welcome to Jesus country he says..regarding the US. I was talking to my dad about this topic as he is an old hippie from the 60's...he agrees that the US seems more conservative and religious than the 60's and 70's. Back then at least people were speaking out about their beliefs.

I notice christians much more now that I left the church. At my job there are several religious nuts that I didn't really notice before. If they ever dare to ask me about my beliefs and I say I am now agnostic and left the church I bet they will go pray for me in the bathroom.

How do we escape this madness? My husband and I are considering moving to the UK (he has citizenship there). Though there is still religion there it is not the fundie type in your face like here in America. Blech..

Colette

US is changing the name to JesUS.

LOL You know I had to do it...

He fried for your sins....

fried_for_you.jpg

I was watching the local news earlier today when I saw that our local Hardee's restaurant was going to host gospel singing tonight.

So am I the only one who sees this as the perfect marriage?

Junk food, junk music, junk religion, junk culture...

I feel a thread coming on!

Mongo

I was watching the local news earlier today when I saw that our local Hardee's restaurant was going to host gospel singing tonight.

So am I the only one who sees this as the perfect marriage?

Junk food, junk music, junk religion, junk culture...

I feel a thread coming on!

Mongo

Humm, that does seem about accurate. Maybe it's time to move to Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I don't like Fundies caterwalling, the owners of Hardies, or any other business can post what ever they want on their product. Here in Calgary, there's a family run pizza chain called Coco Brooks. (bad pizza, but Yummy pasta), anyhow. They print the 10 comandments on their boxes. I usually order from Panago though.

Where I live, there is a small chain called Burger Time. The local folks call it "Jesus Burger". There is a cross on the bags, wrappers and drink cups. It isn't in your face, but it is there. I think they even quote John 3:16 on the wrappings. Great food all around, and cheap as well. I ate there prior to my deconversion and I will still eat there if I ever get a chance again.

I also ate a place in Rugby, ND called "The Cornerstone Cafe". It's a small diner that makes great food and the atmosphere is very homey. Again, the religious message is there but it's not in your face. John 3:16 is on the menus. I only eat there if I or the spouse are hungry when we are driving to see family and friends on the other side of ND from where we live.

To me, if you have a jones for a burger or a BLT and the service, prices, and meals are good, then I shall go to the establishment. The atmosphere is secondary because I don't lose my appetite easily.