Goodbye Jesus

Miracles witnessed by Freestyle Fred

TexasFreethinker

Actually, Andrew Jackson was nearly assasinated, but was saved by two missfires in a row.  He then proceeded to beat the poor bastard with his cane.    :lmao:   Ah, history.

Of course. I just find it to be an amusing sidenote to the miracle discussion. Somehow, I don't think Andy Jackson considered it a miracle; just someone else's stupidity at work. :lmao:

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• dogmatically_challenged

• Caretaker

• TexasFreethinker

Guest FreestyleFred
And to return to the mark of the beast etc, you've heard that the number has been changed from 666 to 616, according to older fragments found of the Revelations. So I hope the Devil get's it right, otherwise he will spoil all the fun when everyone has to erase the mark and print a new one...

Haha, yes, I have heard of the change. lol :P

Maybe not. Sometimes, the mind blocks out events in order to protect the person. And there is absolutely no proof that a subconscious error can be attributed to a deity or supernatural force of any kind. Wanting something to be true doesn't make it true.

It is possible. But how can they block out the physical evidence; the actual bullets themselves? With an omnipotent God it would be possible, because He would be able to do anything, knowing of all outcomes.

Just a little $0.039 (two cents adjusted for inflation), but yes, I think prophesies come true due to an aspect of human nature which tends to be a catalyst.

Tell me, or not, but have you ever walked into a class at the beginning of the year, with the gut feeling that you are not going to do so well, or that you will ace the class, and then your end-of-year grade was usually what you expected? This is a topic discussed in my Educational Psychology class, called self-fulfilled prophesy. I tend to believe that *some* prophesies are fulfilled simply because of this. To me, this is not a miracle, but just an emergent property of human psychology.

Haha, I got a good laugh out of your inflation adjustments. I have walked into a class with that gut feeling, but usually it was wrong, lol. Sometimes it would be right, sometimes it would be wrong. But I understand what you are saying, and do not disagree with you.

Theres more evidence for UFO's than God. As the little red headed girl from the kids in the hall says, "Its a fact!" hehe!

That would be dependant on what you accept as evidence.

Freestyle I want to appologize for my attitude, the last few days have been trying for me. An Aunt of mine died and things are kind of hectic, I am sure you can understand that.

I understand, and no harm done. :D

Anywho... it is quite easy for people online, or anywhere, to think that you hold these "miracles" in high regard simply because you have posted them online for the world to see.

I know, but when I originally posted them, I never held them in extremely high regard. They were simply instinces that stuck out to me.

As for the man with the gun, I doubt he would reload the gun to shoot himself again. As someone who tried death by a gunshot(Thankfully it wasn't loaded) I know sort of what goes on. He probubly pulled the trigger and heard the click of the pin, then opened his eyes and wondered if he was a ghost. He then probubly looked around and saw he was still alive and dropped the gun. MAybe the gun went off then, or perhaps he forgot to cock it. I am assuming it was a handgun, but I could be wrong.

I can only tell you guys the story I was told. I am guessing it may have been something like a rifle or something, because it was a gun often used for hunting. I put my trust that if he were to do something like forget to cock it, or if the gun went off if he had dropped it, then he would have told us that. I believe his story, and I honestly believe that it was the Lord that did it. I will say that two blanks in a row when a young man is attempting suicide is a miracle, if the entire story is fact. I would say that is a quite large miracle, I hope that noone would disagree with me on that. Maybe it isn't as large as gaining world peace or ending world hunger problems, but it is still quite amazing. Even if you don't believe it was God, then I am sure you would feel that is an amazing coincidence.

Guest FreestyleFred
This is a lie. Blanks will kill you if you hold a gun at your head and fire one. So either god made his bullets actually disappear, (vastly more improbable) or this is an old wives' tale that is spread around to make gullible people like you go 'wow god is aMAZing!'

Would it have to be directly against your head, or would it kill you if it was at all near your head? Would this change, dependant on the gun too?

How about 'Jesus please heal hansolo's son in your holy name'

Or are your words empty and your god impotent?

I have prayed for han, his son, and his family. I cannot force God to do things.

Sorry a blank will kill you at that range. What do you personally know about guns?

He may have had a missfire, they happen. Two missfires in a row? That is streaching it.

It was more likely a problem with the firing pin either missing or broken. Most likely he was pulling your leg.

It wasn't God.

I don't know much about guns. I only know the story. If possible, could you answer the questions I asked above? Thanks.

[/right]

At least there are photos, and some funny looking plastic sheets from area 51 with mystical powers, and whatnots... :)

Is it because we don't have a photo of Jesus, that people see his face in tealeafs, tile patterns, litterboxes, oilstains, food grease and sandwiches?

At least there are photos, and some funny looking plastic sheets from area 51 with mystical powers, and whatnots... :)

Is it because we don't have a photo of Jesus, that people see his face in tealeafs, tile patterns, litterboxes, oilstains, food grease and sandwiches?

Don't forget that shraud!

Yeah, don't frown on the shroud, or shrug at it.

But now since it's debunked they should shred it.

Would it have to be directly against your head, or would it kill you if it was at all near your head? Would this change, dependant on the gun too?

Blanks will severely injure any human body part within about 6-10 feet of the barrel end from what I have read. So anyone holding a gun and pointing it at themselves would be very likely to be severely injured if not killed by a blank.

So either the story is fabricated or he really meant that god made the bullet not hurt him. But if he says anything like 'When I removed the shell casings, they were the ones used for blanks!' then it's baloney.

And I'm sorry your faith can't move a mountain. But then again nobody's can so don't feel bad.

Not to mention, Blanks actually LOOK different. They don't have the projectile at the tip. The end is crimped.

I'm still waiting to see if Forums, like this one could offer miracles to each of us the Posters with such Topics (?) Then we could hear the testamonies of them and then we could have proof and evidence. Why? Because I would think that Christians have been praying for something. But I don't really see it. What about something else than Christianity? What is likely other than Christianity about what might really be going on?

(I'm finding things irksome so much. I don't like it.)

At least there are photos, and some funny looking plastic sheets from area 51 with mystical powers, and whatnots...

My fundy cubical mate said today that his former roommate was in the Marines and worked on Area 51 (the real one), but there wasn't much of anything there except some testing equipment and planes.

I somehow supect if they have something there that's related to UFOs, it was really well hidden.