Goodbye Jesus

Expectations!

Guest end3

Please don't take this in the wrong light as I see this issue on both sides of the fence. As a Christian, expectations abound from people. Am starting to think these expectations are not congruent with Gods. You are expected to say all the right things....you act like we want you to....you believe as we do.....those people can't come in here!......who gives a shit.

Same thing on the other side of the damned fence. You are not educated to the point of acceptance, you uneducated moron. We are intellectuals here, we use $6 words! How pitiful are the stupid.....

What does ANY of it have to do with humanity and real? I CALL BULLSHIT...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Legion

• florduh

• Japedo

Top Posters In This Topic

Call what you want God Boy... We invented dictionaries for a REASON, so quit bitching about my vocab... If you want to get into a bullshit calling contest I'm game, since this comes out of you not liking MY use of the word 'concomitant' like I invented the fucking word. It's the word I'd use in conversation... You don't like that, then FUCKING TOUGH!

You wanted to wallow in your lack of ability with the language and drag me into the mire you live in... well, Scientist's son, this son of a welder worked long and hard NOT to be a dumbassed red neck know nothing god lover...

So I call bullshit on your slumming...

• Super Moderator

It is perfectly reasonable to have an expectation from someone who identifies himself with a particular thing.

I expect Christians to think Jesus divine, there is a Holy Ghost, a Father, and the Bible reveals His word. I expect atheists to not believe in god at all. I expect acrobats to have good balance and flexibility. I expect mosquitoes to be irritating and kittens to be cute.

The problem arises mostly when the subject of our expectations has mislabeled himself to us. For example: "I'm a devout Catholic, but I believe divorce and birth control is fine."

I expect I'm about finished.

- Chris

Call it what you will, but the use of "big words" for the purpose of exclusion is not limited to you dumbass. Slumming would be a good word when in your presence....

Call it what you will, but the use of "big words" for the pupose of exclusion is not limited to you dumbass. Slumming would be a good word when in your presence....

Oh! Spicy!

For the sake of argument, how do you know this use of "big words" is for the pupose [sic] of exclusion? I myself have a tendancy to use "big words", but only because they are the best word for the sentiment. I pretty much write like I talk... so what's up?

• Super Moderator

Sorry, am I interrupting?

• Super Moderator

I don't think I can keep up . . .

Thanks SB,

You ever had a university prof for a father? Exclusionary is simple, pick any nomenclature to a field of study, and then go visit with someone who has no experience in that field, and then use all the nomenclature. Some people do it out of spite to make others feel lower than themselves.....as do "holy" Christians (small h)....

and so we have to dumb it down since Red neck god boy has 'daddy' issues...

You don't like the way I speak, you imbecile, then "haul ass" somewhere they like the vocab...

I'd rather haul ass and be in the midst of those guys that would give me the shirt off their back, rather than spend 30 seconds with a condescending broke-dick cull like you.

Sorry end, but using large words because those are the proper words for the topic isn't the same as using them in an exclusionary manner.

I can understand your point, I'm just not seeing it being done around here (at least from what I've seen).

Entirely possible that I am sensitive to it. I see it all the time. There are times when you will expect more of a person enabling them to a new level, but there are times when poor teaching is the case.

He's claiming that the word 'concomitant' is a jargon word... which it isn't... it's a word I use since it's the most efficient word to say what I meant...

con·com·i·tant

adj. Occurring or existing concurrently; attendant.

n. One that occurs or exists concurrently with another.

Thus, when I said that the definition of where life is possible has expanded, but there has been no concomitant re-evaluation of what constitutes a life form I was using ENGLISH, not some meaningless jargon word...

Now if Captain Paranoid thinks I was doing it JUST to piss him off then he thinks I care about him more than do...

Now if Captain Paranoid thinks I was doing it JUST to piss him off then he thinks I care about him more than do...

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was thinking.

If someone uses a word I don't know, I ask for clarification and then move on.

End, I think the people around here are just intelligent and relatively educated, thus their use of an above average vocabulary. I would say their vocabulary is concomitant with their intelligence and education.

I can't even count the number of times people are judgemental of others based on education. What I am talking about is not just a product of education, but a lack of grace. And just because the human "big book of facts" took it personally, it is a trend, not a single data point.

End,

You could always do what I do. Have Websters on another tab. :shrug: I don't know a lot of words used and need to look them up. I'm not afraid to say so. There is nothing wrong with not knowing. Big deal so some people are better at word definition then you are, the world will not end.

I don't know diddly about science, math and can't spell to save my life. Sometimes I take the opportunity to learn, while other times it may be so over my head, I'll just --> :twitch: <--- and move on.

What I lack in brains I make up in other venues.. so? Being educated is not a competition, it's constant work. Some are better at it then others. It's nice to admire and even aspire to be like people, not all of us have the capacity to understand everything. Some do better with Math and Science, others do better with English... others still might not be book smart but are street smart and so it goes. It's just the way it is. No one is good at everything. We do the best we can, and strive to be better is all we can ask from ourselves.

Stick to your positive attributes in life and contribute them. Acknowledge your failures/ short comings and do what you always do with them, learn to live with them/ work around them. If people wish to pass judgment, nothing you can do will remedy that, it's also just the way it goes unfortunately. Life isn't fair, or nice.. it's part of life.

Remember, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." ~~Eleanor Roosevelt

End what do you think of me? I occasionaly use the $6 word. Yet I don't hold it against anyone if they don't.

My advice (unsolicited) is that you leave Gramps alone. We all know he has problems, including Gramps. :)

I think the majority here have a wonderful supply of understanding, and is what has changed my attitude.....certainly you LR... but, just because I have a differing opinion, doesn't mean I have to let a jackass stand on my neck. I ranted without any names and equally in both direction...

Thanks Japedo..

Call it what you will, but the use of "big words" for the purpose of exclusion is not limited to you dumbass. Slumming would be a good word when in your presence....

So you're having a dictionary problem? Download Firefox. Get the dictionary plug-in. Highlight word in question. Right click. Select "View definition" (or something like that). They also have similar plug-ins to make accessing Wikipedia (or most any info source) equally easy.

Methinks thou doust protest too much...and problem solve too little.

mwc

Lack of grace... well, I didn't turn up here as a troll, so I'll take that as complement...

For the record, I did use a technical term in the Ground Zero exchange... Extremeophile: something that likes or needs extreme conditions of heat, pressure, chemical or radiation to survive...

Interesting to note that God's troll didn't object to that...

Interesting to note that God's troll didn't object to that...

Gramps, as much as I sometimes disagree with you, I feel your also a huge asset and push us all to better word usage! There is nothing wrong with bettering ourselves IMO. :) It's work to keep up with you sometimes, but I believe it pays off for those of us who are lagging behind understanding your complex verbiage without websters! :wub: So Thanks!

I ranted without any names and equally in both direction...

End... Most of us here can read the shot box, it's no mystery who you were typin about. :lmao: No "Names" needed.

Thanks Japedo..

You're welcome!

Ok, slowly...as I am miffed....would one not consider their audience if you were actually trying to get a point across? Granted, ya'll are in a class amongst yourselves, and therefore it would behove me to bring my dumb ass up to some level, but the concept surely exists in the realm of humanity.

I am not coward enough to hide behind my own problems, so yes, I was brought up in a family where we were never smart enough. I remember having a horrible dream, half awake and half asleep, screaming, about my father counting by 5's and I was only allowed to count by 1's. I could never stay up. You get it now.

I actually did look up extremophile and concomitant.

People not allowed to rant without you being right GH?

Wouldn't it be graceful for you just to shut the fuck up.

I'd rather haul ass and be in the midst of those guys that would give me the shirt off their back, rather than spend 30 seconds with a condescending broke-dick cull like you.

I think, troll boy, that is the nicest thing that I've heard this week...

You're just pissy I don't think you're anything other than despicable, and won't take you're humour on your terms... well ass hole, turn the other fucking cheek...