Goodbye Jesus

According To The Bible, No One Is A Christian

AKR

(Hopefully, I haven't posted this before.) What do you think of these passages? According to the bible, you have to be sin free to be a child of god, but everyone sins.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of god.

1 John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears,[a]we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

4Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Although I've read the entire bible, I don't remember coming accross this passage when I was a christian, or I would have shit a brick. I brought this up to christians in another forum and they refused to believe it. They pathetically tried to convince me (and themselves) that "he cannot go on sinning" doesn't actually mean that a person actually has to stop. It was rather sad. Anyways, does anyone remember coming accross this passage before? What did you think of it when you were a christian (if that's when you first read it) and what do you think now?

Yeah, I forget about 1 John a lot but it has some good stuff in it.

Don't forget this: "5:3 For loving God is keeping his laws: and his laws are not hard." Makes what Paul says about the law a real turd sandwich for xians to try to eat.

But to your point. Try these:

Romans 6:23 (KJV)

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

1 John 5:17

"All evil-doing is sin: but death is not the punishment for every sort of sin."

Also from 1 John "5:18 We are certain that one who is a child of God will do no sin, but the Son of God keeps him so that he is not touched by the Evil One. "

Jesus will keep those who are his away from the devil and they won't do any sin. They are "certain" of this little factoid. What a deal. So if if you're a "child of god" you are guaranteed to be sin free! That's how you can tell who is(n't) a real xian. Looks like the grand total is zero.

mwc

AKR...

Here is a collection of verses that are meant to be an "anchor" to those who feel the need to submit to the xian meme. It is ambiguous, it is scary, and for those who want to dedicate themselves to the xian life, it serves to tie them to it, irrevocably.

In the realm of christianity, confusion is a weapon. And that weapon is used well by the Priesthood, as a means of control of the flock.

The antidotes are: question it...evaluate it in the historical context...challenge rational validity.

Best wishes to you as you draw your own conclusions....