Goodbye Jesus

Former Pastor's "anti-testimony"

LtJayson

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I've hopped on to post because of the vast amount of craziness in my life, so I thought that here we are...one year later, so why not update everyone on what's happened since I left the "faith" - a year looking back!

Well, the first big thing was that my wife and I did divorce...but that actually ended up being one of the best things in my life. I was able to come to terms with something that religion had pushed to the back of my mind and tried to destroy. I was able to accept myself for who I am and come out of the closet. From that point, it all seemed to fall in to place perfectly. I didn't have to worry about Jesus looking over my shoulder or about what the bible had to say about it...so I was able to accept myself completely! Boy, was that a great thing!

I've also been able to work with quite a few people to help them as they make the decision to leave the faith as well...so in the last year, I have actually had the chance to become my own person and help others! It is amazing. I've also started an organization to help the gay individuals of my community as we haven't had anything in the past...which puts me at the forefront in the area...so my friends from my church days have all seen the big change. Granted, most of them want nothing to do with me, but what can I expect!

All of this was to say...as of today...it is one full year since I said perfectly to myself...there is no god...and all of the things that have happened, I can thank my friends here who helped me through everything! Thank you all so much. Keep up the great work here and keep helping those who are saying no to the tyranny of an invisible sky man!

~Jayson

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

I read the entire thing.

Make sure you get quality folks to support you as you make this emotional transition. Also, It really hurt to read your testimony, you are in between a rock and a hard place and I hope it turns out well. You will get much support here, so welcome!

• 1 month later...
Guest LtJaysons Mom
The stories in the Bible were my main aspect of life. I spent years studying it and made it my roadmap so to speak. At the age of 10 I "accepted Jesus" and was told that I would probably follow in my great grandfather's footsteps and become a wonderful man of god! At the age of 13 through a serious of coincide Thanks for this great site! Bye!

*snipped "full quote"

Just so everyone understand this, I am Jaysons mother

and most of this is a lie. He was never molested, just another one of his so called memories. He needs help! Obviously! But then again what do I expect from the prince of lies, satans followers! I am sure it helps to convince yourselves there is no God that way you dont have to worry about any judgement. Believe in HIM or not, HE is real and true!

Just so everyone understand this, I am Jaysons mother and

Nice way to introduce yourself Mom - you obviously have no respect for our beliefs, so let me return the favor...

Just so YOU understand this, we are not "satan's followers". We don't believe that satan exists. He, and your god are imaginary.

LtJayson's mother (or whoever you are),

No, we don't believe in God. We also don't believe in God's judgment, so we are not scared or intimidated. This is not an appropriate forum to post your preaching.

Folks,

Gentle reminder, this is Testimonies Section. DO NOT "pile on" in here please.

I don't know what is going on *yet*, please give Staff some time/space to figure this puzzle out.

If there is nothing to add, withhold commentary please.

kevinL

Hi Ltjayson

so good to see you again and you giving us an up date, wow so much can happen within a year.

I am so glad you are being yourself and feeling free of the shackles of religion and all.

Peace