Goodbye Jesus

Let's Celebrate

R. S. Martin

I just saw this thread. Ruby congratulations! I agree with the person that said you should do something fun, even if it's not a party. Maybe when you got that paper in your hand go get an ice cream. Anyway just wanted to say congrats, this is awesome news.

Hey thanks all of you. :)

No more saying I'm working on it. I've done it. :clap:

Guest eejay

All right Ruby!!!! That is so awesome. Glad I caught this thread tonight. I wasn't online most of yesterday, so I almost missed it. Anyway, my congratulations, and by all means do something really special for yourself.

It just hit me on the way in from the bus (on my way home) what I've actually done. I bucked tradition and culture where the absolute highest education permitted is Grade 8 and got TWO UNIVERSITY DEGREES.

1. gave me a voice; helped me find words and language to express myself

2. helped me figure out who I am and what happened to me and why it happened.

That's an amazing story Ruby. Congratulations! You deserve a million Kudos.

You deserve to be proud of your accomplishment.

Mongo

Congratulations on finishing it, Ruby!

Congrats! Now feel free to breathe easily - you did it! It's all over, for now; that is unless you want your Ph.D, in which case I say go for it when you're ready!

Hey Rhia, good to see you back. I caught your last three words "when you're ready." That's key.

But I couldn't live with myself if I hadn't finished it.

This past year or so when filling out forms and they would ask for "level of education completed" I would almost mark "Masters" then I would realize that I haven't completed it. I couldn't go through life feeling let down like that. This is not a jab at anyone who didn't complete a certain degree because there's all kinds of reasons for why we do or don't do certain things in life. It's just that for me personally this was a really important life accomplishment.

That's an amazing story Ruby. Congratulations! You deserve a million Kudos.

You deserve to be proud of your accomplishment.

Mongo

Yeah, thanks, it sure is more than a piece of paper or initials to put behind my name. Heck, I don't think anyone outside the school would know what the letters mean. Ruby MTS. Massage Therapist Secretary. Hmmm. Fits the acronym. Must be correct. :Hmm: