Goodbye Jesus

Christians, are miracles for today? Yes or No

Guest SerenityNow

[

You probably don't care to read what I'm about to write, but I 'll do so anyway. I believe God does hear your prayers and cares more than you know about you and your family. You may think it's rubbish, but I wanted to say it.

Thanks for this very interesting discussion!

CC

Hi CC,

Thanks for sharing. I too have seen and been a vessel that God used to do a miracle. I long asked to do one, as some have stated previously thru their recitation of what is in the Bible, and He finally came thru , although I almost missed it. I felt that strong move in my spirit that I needed to pray over a blind lady that all these pastors were praying over and not getting results. I kept argueing with God and my mind , saying things like" oh its just my pride or vanity" and "not now, let the preachers do it" till finally I felt Him say"ok, no problem, you dont haveto" and suddenly I realized I was passing on an opurtunity for God to do something thru me.

To make it short, I ran to the front of the church, in front of all these strangers(I was visiting) and I took the oil from the pastor and said something silly like"ok God , you told me to do this" and to my shock she suddenly looked at me and started crying and said she could see.

I was very embarrassed and later I told God it was enough and I didn't want to do it again. But I did learn how I could tell when He was speaking to me and it has shaped my life ever since.

I pray God is so real in everyone who is really willing to let go and let Him show himself. It took along time to get there but now I understand.

Peace

No, you didn't answer my question.  I wasn't talking about miracles as described in the poorly written second-century novel that you call the book of acts.  And I wasn't talking about miracles like "establishing a church".  You call that a miracle? 

What are you, completely whacked?

CC:

No, I'm not completely whacked.  And no, the establishment of the church is not a miracle.  It is, however, arguably a work that supersedes the "seed planting" that Jesus did.

I disagree with you, of course, that _Acts_ is a novel, but we both already knew that.  No point in discussing it in this particular thread.

Mythra:

I tell you what.  Don't tell me about miracles that are greater than Jesus' miracles.  Just tell me about one or two documented miracles (say, in the last 500 years) that were even close to those supposedly performed by the god-man Jesus.  I'll settle for a man born blind being given sight (other than by a doctor), or the dead raised back to life (even if it was a gerbil) or a man paralyzed (like Christopher Reeves) jumping up and doing the tango after someone's shadow passed over him. Anything.  Just one. 

CC:  There have been cases of all of the above.  It is not difficult to search for and scrutinize documentation on the Internet.  I haven't been present during any resurrection, but I have seen some instantaneous visible healings.  But so have many, many people.  If I have time this week, I will put together a list of links that you can pursue and scrutinize to see of you give any credence to the documentation. 

Mythra:

I watched an interview with two modern-day faith healers.  One was Benny Hinn and one was a dude from South Africa.  Neither could explain why someone at one of their rallies might get up out of their wheelchair and jump around, only to be back in the wheelchair all messed up a couple of hours later.  Happens regularly.

CC: Here, I agree with you.  There are many charlatans.  But that doesn't automatically negate that there are genuine healing miracles.

Mythra:

It's called the power of the mind.

CC:

Sometmes, yes.  But logically, that does not mean *always*.

CC

This is what the Bible is saying and how it's taught:

Bible: Everyone will win on lotto!

Doubter: But I didn't win, why?

Religious: Not everyone will win, you have to be selected

Hello Hans Solo:

Define "win" in terms of your vignette.

Thanks,

CC

Neither could explain why someone at one of their rallies might get up out of their wheelchair and jump around, only to be back in the wheelchair all messed up a couple of hours later. Happens regularly.

It's called the power of the mind.

More than likely, the wheelchair person was an audience plant.

Thanks for sharing. I too have seen and been a vessel that God used to do a miracle. I long asked to do one, as some have stated previously thru their recitation of what is in the Bible, and He finally came thru , although I almost missed it. I felt that strong move in my spirit that I needed to pray over a blind lady that all these pastors were praying over and not getting results. I kept argueing with God and my mind , saying things like" oh its just my pride or vanity" and "not now, let the preachers do it" till finally I felt Him say"ok, no problem, you dont haveto" and suddenly I realized I was passing on an opurtunity for God to do something thru me.

To make it short, I ran to the front of the church, in front of all these strangers(I was visiting) and I took the oil from the pastor and said something silly like"ok God , you told me to do this" and to my shock she suddenly looked at me and started crying and said she could see.

You cannot prove that Biblegod did this. For all you know, it could have been Allah. Heck, it might've been one of the Pagan deities. Maybe it was Reiki energy. Or maybe there's an actual scientific explanation that just hasn't been discovered yet? Or it was a fraud on the part of the pastors who were there? (Please don't get mad, notice that I'm not claiming YOU did it on purpose, but maybe THEY were trying to make you believe you could do things you couldn't?)

Miracles today are like:

I found my keys! Praise god!

I survived cancer and the chemotherapy those evil atheist doctors gave me! Praise god!

Then you've got the real good con artist evangelicals making magic with their miracles. They make gold dust fall out of their hair and and there's claims of people raising the dead in third world countries. :Wendywhatever:

These so called Xtians ought to be questioning thier faith if they cant do these miracles and such instead of burying thier heads in the sand and making up contrary meanings to what thier holy book actually says.