Goodbye Jesus

Christian Turned Pagan

One_World

Guest Zenobia
Just to be clear, I was not attempting to chalk up the workings of the universe to the Christian God. If we're to believe the stories, what kind of respect and reverance for nature does that God show by wiping out all but two members of every animal species to teach another tired lesson? I've heard of "thinning the herds", but that's ridiculously extreme. I see the Pagan Gods in all parts of nature, the wind blowing, the waves crashing, the multi-colored tulips in my neighbor's garden, the coyote. Their handprints are everywhere and reflected in all aspects of the natural world. When I speak of the Gods being present in nature, it's merely my way of staying connected to my deities while respecting and revering something tangible in the world in which I live.

Nothing awkward about your phrasing, One World. that's quite eloquent IMHO :)

Yes... Noah's ark, aside from the sheer ludicrousness of trying to fit every living species in existance (x 2) into a boat the size of a football field, is a flimsy story when you take into account the survival rates of animals in captivity. If only one mated pair of every species was housed inside the ark, there would be no way to compensate for animals that died because they didn't have the necessary environmental factors needed to survive. Xtians would probably insist that Gawd magically kept the animals alive, of course. But even the feed for that amount of animals would take up a gargantuan amount of room. AND - what do you feed the predators? Since only two of every living thing was allowed into the ark, what happens when you kill one of the zebras to feed the lions? Does the other zebra hump a horse and hope it will work out...??? LOl...

Yeah.. IMHO, the universe is far too complex, too interwoven and majestic to have ever been "designed" by any kind of consciousness. Such complexity could only have evolved over millenia.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One_World

• Kei

• Deva

• florduh

Top Posters In This Topic