Goodbye Jesus

Hate

Vomit Comet

I was in a meeting today, and I looked across at a woman who has, some time ago, declared herself my enemy. I don't take kindly to people doing that.

I thought "I hate that fucking bitch." And it felt good to hate somebody and not feel 'convicted' of a sin.

But I don't let it burn on me. As long as I wasn't looking at her, and as long as I couldn't hear her talking, I didn't give a shit and don't give a shit now. Although whenever her name comes up, the hate swells up a little bit. I know she reacts even more aversely when my name comes up, from what others tell me second hand. I'm pretty sure she hates me at least five times more than I hate her.

"I hate that fucking bitch!" Oooooooh... I like it! :lmao:

As long as I wasn't looking at her, and as long as I couldn't hear her talking, I didn't give a shit and don't give a shit now.

If this is accurate then in my opinion you don't hate her.

I was in a meeting today, and I looked across at a woman who has, some time ago, declared herself my enemy. I don't take kindly to people doing that.

She just wanted to get in your trouser. This is an old style courtship ritual, she really means, "I hate you asshole, now lick it...".

No worries. You should feel flattered!

:)

Oh no, there isn't any lust involved. The truth of how it all came to be is a lot uglier than that.

Let's just say she's just about the angriest, most hateful bitch I can remember encountering in a good long while. A goddamn harpy!

I hate people less than I did as a christian because I no longer feel as though I need to do god's work for him judging others. I get along with most people more than before I left the church.

Get invited to as many meetings with her as you can. Just be safe and remember, menopause makes women crazy so keep a quick injector of hormones handy in case she goes ballistic on you.

I thought "I hate that fucking bitch." And it felt good to hate somebody and not feel 'convicted' of a sin.

Actually, no, I don't feel I hate people more or less than I did as a Christian, which is zero. I don't really hate anyone. Not even people that have been extremely vicious or "evil". It might be I can't forgive them or forget what they did. And that's different from before. As a Christian I was commanded to forgive, and I did, but now I don't feel the need to forgive if someone has done something wrong against me. And it's not a problem, but rather very useful, since I don't make the same mistakes or trust people as much anymore. But hating someone? Nah. I think that's a waste of energy and an emotion I have a hard time to even understand.

But I don't let it burn on me. As long as I wasn't looking at her, and as long as I couldn't hear her talking, I didn't give a shit and don't give a shit now. Although whenever her name comes up, the hate swells up a little bit. I know she reacts even more aversely when my name comes up, from what others tell me second hand. I'm pretty sure she hates me at least five times more than I hate her.

Sounds like you're more of indifferent than hateful, and maybe some anger mixed in. What did she do to you to deserve this hate?

"I hate that fucking bitch!" Oooooooh... I like it! :lmao:

I'm not sure it's so healthy to go around and dwell on how passionate you are about your dislike towards her, but I guess whatever floats your boat. It's a waste of brain power and energy in my opinion.

Meh. I don't think there is anyone I actually hate. There are people I get annoyed and pissed off at, sure. But hate is a very strong emotion. Still, I don't feel as guilty about getting pissed off at people as I used to.

Since I was little, I've pretty much been a bottle of rage. Now, I'm honest about it- when I was younger, I'd tried to find the "sin" the person was committing instead of admitting I just hated them. There is a large minority, possibly even a majority, of people who are intentionally stupid and rude and I hate them unapologetically. I'm talking about the people who drive like jackasses and have bumper stickers about how tough they are or the person who has a job where they hold authority over people just so they can control others because they're petty. I see nothing wrong with hating people who act these ways. In fact, it is quite theraputic in moderation.

Okay, so I'll concede that maybe "hate" isn't an accurate term here.

Let me rephrase it: she's on my shitlist, and that doesn't matter most of the time. I'll give her this much credit: she hasn't gone spreading vicious rumors about me, aside from making it known to everyone within earshot whenever my name comes up that she hates my guts. (I get this from several reliable second and third-hand sources.) Now, if and when she tries to fuck with me, though... no quarter!

What another poster said -- that they don't feel guilty about getting pissed off at people or thinking that they're a motherfucker -- is dead on.

I only actually detest one person as far as I can think of at this moment. It's my ex-husband. But even at that, I can't say I hate him. Hate is a very harsh thought. Actually, I think I don't have the desire to waste my time hating.

I can't really say I hate anyone. I certainly resent and detest those who power-play and play favorites and are just overall stupid... but there is no one person I hate.

There is someone however who I am very angry at.

Guest Zenobia

Hate is a such an interesting word. It's much stronger than "dislike," and yet not quite the same as "despise."

For example I really can't stand spiders. Do I hate them? No. I can't even say I dislike them - because I respect their place in the world. I'm afraid of them, that's the truth.

People... are such a different story. There are so many aspects of people that I really hate. But the people themselves... I can't really say I "hate" anyone.

There are a LOT of people I dislike. Even some I despise. President George W. is a prime example. I can't stand to even hear the man speak anymore. *shudder*

But to me, to hate something means I would have no trouble destroying it. I could blast it into nothingness and not feel a pinch of guilt. I'd feel elated!

I could hate someone like Hitler or Stalin. Yes, I think I could put a bullet through that man's head and not feel an ounce of regret.

I find I am actually a lot more forgiving now than when I was in the church. Maybe because I don't judge as much. And forgiveness? Well that's a hard one. I have a hard time forgiving someone who hasn't changed their ways or at the very least, apologized sincerely. But lately I am learning that forgiveness isn't about the other person at all, it's about me. So I forgive and let go of grudges more readily for my own peace of mind.

Do I hate? Yes.

I , despise my ex husband.. I dislike certain people.. rush limbaugh; anything that begins with 'father' .. I don't forgive and forget easily; rather I will forgive but you'd better believe I won't forget. I can think of only two people in my past I really honestly and truely hate. Both deserve it.

I actually feel less inclinded to hate now. As a Christian I got mad inside easily, although I never voiced it, over how Christians treated people. Now, being among the hoards they tend to insult (indirectly however, I'm still not 'out') I just pity them. Sad but true.

IAs someone (on this board perhaps?) once said, I no more hate them than a blind man who steps on my foot.

I am trying to examine myself over here and see if there is anything that I hate. I don’t believe that there is anyone that I hate. I see a distinct difference between anger and hatred. There are plenty of people and things that make me angry sometimes, but I don’t believe that I hate very much. I guess that I agree with Amethyst in this.

Ummm...I hate the pope if that counts?

Generally, though, I don't hate anyone. As a matter of fact, when I de-converted I had an epiphany - if this is really all there is and there is no personal supreme being waiting for us with open arms when we die, then we'd better enjoy each other's presence as much as possible while we're here.

Except the pope. Fuck the pope.

No i don't hate anyone, and i really didn't when i was a christian. However i appreciate many things more now than i did as a christian. I can look at nature now as not ours to do whatever we want to do with but with a beautiful sense of wonder and amazment, even though i have always loved nature and never thought of it in the biblical sense. Even though i never hated homosexuals i still thought that they were in the wrong. Now i don't. I used to be a blind supporter of Israel, thinking they could do no wrong at all. Now i most definatly disagree with that and America's blind and ignorant support of them. I was actually a conservative while i was a christian, now that i have lost these shackles, i have thrown away those as well. Conservatisim is to christian, it is religious to the core. With goes with that is insane nationalisim, thinking America is the best ever and all that crap. Now i no longer see things through those clouded lenses. I see immigrants coming over for a better life is not something to cry foul about, i see that actually getting along with other nations and not thumping our chests about our own might is the correct way to go. I no longer have a problem with inter-racial marriage. I really didn't before but i believed that according to the bible it was wrong. I have come across MANY christians who are flat out racists because of what the bible says about the curse of Ham. The same goes for how women were treated in the bible. I have encountered many christian men who genuinlly see women as inferior to men, all the while their wifes sit there and amen them, that is if they are aloud to talk aloud during the church service. :shrug: Even though i think religion period is bogus, i no longer look at all other religious people who are not christian as the sworn enemies of christianity. I also no longer view atheists as the spawn of satan, for i am now one and can see and experience firsthand how we are. Oh the irony in that. :grin:

All in all i dislike less than i did. I feel lighter and happier with myself and the people and the world around me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest christianlongago

I try very had not to hate any more, though my ex-wife may fit in that thougt process. I have found that the energy I use is far to draining. I choose to save my hate for what people stand for, how me treat people, and on and on...etc. My past life bought on anger - stress- distrust - loss - HATE -- this all equilled into 3 heart attacks and much sorrow and depression. So I have said to myself no more hate. I can always ignore, disagree, dislike but hate needs to stay anyway from me.

People who torture/kill kids no matter what the reason (sex, terrorism, child abuse, etc.) I think are worthy of hate.

As a Christian you're taught to forgive or not be forgiven, or that "Jebus loves them", "God is their only judge", yadda yadda.

Fuck that. People who do shit like this are human waste. Garbage. They should be sent to the showers - at Auschwitch.

'Nuff said! :nono:

Oh and that goes for animals too. People who torture innocent animals just because they can are fucked.

No i don't hate anyone, and i really didn't when i was a christian. However i appreciate many things more now than i did as a christian. I can look at nature now as not ours to do whatever we want to do with but with a beautiful sense of wonder and amazment, even though i have always loved nature and never thought of it in the biblical sense. Even though i never hated homosexuals i still thought that they were in the wrong. Now i don't. I used to be a blind supporter of Israel, thinking they could do no wrong at all. Now i most definatly disagree with that and America's blind and ignorant support of them. I was actually a conservative while i was a christian, now that i have lost these shackles, i have thrown away those as well. Conservatisim is to christian, it is religious to the core. With goes with that is insane nationalisim, thinking America is the best ever and all that crap. Now i no longer see things through those clouded lenses. I see immigrants coming over for a better life is not something to cry foul about, i see that actually getting along with other nations and not thumping our chests about our own might is the correct way to go. I no longer have a problem with inter-racial marriage. I really didn't before but i believed that according to the bible it was wrong. I have come across MANY christians who are flat out racists because of what the bible says about the curse of Ham. The same goes for how women were treated in the bible. I have encountered many christian men who genuinlly see women as inferior to men, all the while their wifes sit there and amen them, that is if they are aloud to talk aloud during the church service. :shrug: Even though i think religion period is bogus, i no longer look at all other religious people who are not christian as the sworn enemies of christianity. I also no longer view atheists as the spawn of satan, for i am now one and can see and experience firsthand how we are. Oh the irony in that. :grin:

All in all i dislike less than i did. I feel lighter and happier with myself and the people and the world around me.

It's as though you've written my story down for me. I used to be a conservative that thought "might makes right" and had a lot of rage issues and dislike/hatred of a lot of people because I was viewing them through the twisted distorted lens that is Xianity.

Now, I"m not going to make the statement that I don't hate anyone, as that's simply not true. Anyone who beats up on kids... I think Mike D was being far too kind to those who abuse children. I don't know if hate's the right word, but I've really come to dislike the religious crazies like James Dobson and Pat Robertson and the late Jerry Falwell and some of those shittards that have made their mission in life to make gay people second-class citizens and amplify hatred toward us.

On the whole though, and friends that have known me long enough have remarked on it, I've become a much more relaxed, tolerant, pleasant person since leaving the church.

Guest InvisiblePinkUnicornPony

Well I can't say I don't hate anymore, I still hate child abusers/molesters and animal abusers just like some of the above posters have already mention. I'm more tolerant of people in general now that I've let go of Xianty. I still hate Xianity though but I hate being broke even more.

I've had waves of hate now and again. But I think I have been less depressed, and less self-torturing now that I take account of myself and answer to myself for my actions (since I am the one person I HAVE to live with for the rest of my life).

There is a large minority, possibly even a majority, of people who are intentionally stupid and rude and I hate them unapologetically. I'm talking about the people who drive like jackasses and have bumper stickers about how tough they are or the person who has a job where they hold authority over people just so they can control others because they're petty. I see nothing wrong with hating people who act these ways. In fact, it is quite theraputic in moderation.

As I've gotten older, I've realized that the kinds of people referenced above are like that because they are desperately insecure and more deserving of pity than hate. Not that they don't deserve some correction, don't get me wrong!

Oh and that goes for animals too. People who torture innocent animals just because they can are fucked.

Yeah, people who torture kids and animals are a whole other category. Even though it's pretty much the same insecurity amped up to intolerable levels, this sort of thing merits punishment. Severe punishment. Still can't say I hate them, though. Despise, yes. Feel disgust toward, for sure.

For me, hate is only something I can feel in the heat of the moment; when I think it through, not so much.