Goodbye Jesus

Hate

Vomit Comet

I thought "I hate that fucking bitch." And it felt good to hate somebody and not feel 'convicted' of a sin.

"The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger."

- The Emperor (Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)

I know exactly what you mean. It's not really about hating as much as it is about allowing yourself to think bad thoughts about someone without the psychological one-two punch from the old cerebral cortex, aka god. Right after my deconversion I had super huge waves of hatred towards the church and god and jesus. I would actually drive around my town cursing jesus saying, "I hate you, jesus, you mother fucking bastard - even if you don't exist your a fucking liar and I can't stand to think about you any more!!!!" It felt very therapeutic to allow myself to just express this pent up rage and anger that I had trained myself to suppress for ten fucking years.

I don't have any hatred towards anyone in particular, but I sure do understand that its ok to have those feelings. As long as they don't consume you to the point that your life starts to suck. Bad thoughts can definitely make you sick.

One of the best things about not being christian is listening to guys like Lewis Black and George Carlin. These guys know how to express hatred and frustration in a way that deals with the issue appropriately and allows you to laugh at the situation. Here is a clip that had me on the floor howling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BRZoXjOmI

I also enjoy swearing now. Its just so much fun to use curse words creatively to make a point. It sure as hell beats saying, "Oh darn it all anyway", and then asking for forgiveness for having a bad thought.

Fuck that Shit!

I know exactly what you mean. It's not really about hating as much as it is about allowing yourself to think bad thoughts about someone without the psychological one-two punch from the old cerebral cortex, aka god.

[...]

It felt very therapeutic to allow myself to just express this pent up rage and anger that I had trained myself to suppress for ten fucking years.

I don't have any hatred towards anyone in particular, but I sure do understand that its ok to have those feelings. As long as they don't consume you to the point that your life starts to suck. Bad thoughts can definitely make you sick.

[...]

I also enjoy swearing now. Its just so much fun to use curse words creatively to make a point. It sure as hell beats saying, "Oh darn it all anyway", and then asking for forgiveness for having a bad thought.

Fuck that Shit!

Couldn't have said it better myself! :grin:

Upon deconverting, my favorite cussword became the one that I would never, ever say, despite my increasing usage of the F-word towards the end:

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!

One of the best things about not being christian is listening to guys like Lewis Black and George Carlin. These guys know how to express hatred and frustration in a way that deals with the issue appropriately and allows you to laugh at the situation. Here is a clip that had me on the floor howling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BRZoXjOmI

Lewis Black is a trip. Very funny stuff, I sometimes think he is going to burst a blood vessel. I like the Root of all Evil show.

Just today I was having a conversation with a friend.

"You know one of the things that sucked about church? Some people might start to dislike you, or even hate you, but they'll have to pretend to like you. But they really don't like you. And it causes them to get all weird and passive-aggressive, and it would fuck with your head. Especially if you have to come into close contact with them three or four times a week. Hell, I would much rather prefer someone to come up to me and say 'I hate you, motherfucker, and I hope you fucking die!' And then I'd stick up both thumbs, grin, and say 'thanks for being honest, asshole!!'"

Just today I was having a conversation with a friend.

"You know one of the things that sucked about church? Some people might start to dislike you, or even hate you, but they'll have to pretend to like you. But they really don't like you. And it causes them to get all weird and passive-aggressive, and it would fuck with your head. Especially if you have to come into close contact with them three or four times a week. Hell, I would much rather prefer someone to come up to me and say 'I hate you, motherfucker, and I hope you fucking die!' And then I'd stick up both thumbs, grin, and say 'thanks for being honest, asshole!!'"

YES! And the funny part is that lying is one of the things that was carved into the stone tablets they hold so dear.

I'm like that with winos that beg on the street. If they come right out and say they want to buy a drink, I'll give them cash, not just change. If they say they're wanting something else, and they're obviously a wino, sorry, no dice...

I suppose i can make a few exceptions to were i said above that i don't hate anyone. First of all, i hate christianity and religion, i hate people who abuse animals and kids, rapists and people who fit into this category of scum. What i meant when i said i didn't hate anyone was i no longer disliked or disapproved of people or their ways that we had been brought up to by christianity.

Instead of the xtian hate the sin, love the sinner shit, I hate the self-righteousness, love the person. I've known a lot of people who would be very likable persons if they would just drop the holy of holies routines!