Goodbye Jesus

Sins..

Jincks013

My uptake on the idea of 'sin'..

Sins aren't real.

They are made up to get paranoid people to buy into a guilt trip and pay to have themselves 'saved'.. as get rich quick schemes go this one wasn't bad... what is pathetic is that for so long so many bought it.

Sin is a man made concept.. you don't see any other life form on this planet concerned with 'sin' do you?

Even chimps are smarter then that.

Create a bad scenario, no matter how impractical, prey on a deep rooted psychological fear, like death, then present the 'cure' .. being 'saved' and 'eternal life' and you have one nicely manipulatable self fullfilling prophecy with 100% garuntee that the 'sinner' isn't going to come back and prove you are full of fertilizer..

Please.. this is inmate games 101..not even that.. bonehead manipulation tactics 099...

Create a bad scenario, no matter how impractical, prey on a deep rooted psychological fear, like death, then present the 'cure' .. being 'saved' and 'eternal life' and you have one nicely manipulatable self fullfilling prophecy with 100% garuntee that the 'sinner' isn't going to come back and prove you are full of fertilizer..

Yes, I think that's it in a nusthell, but I'd add the created the fear of hell, as well

Sin is a man made concept.. you don't see any other life form on this planet concerned with 'sin' do you?

Even chimps are smarter then that.

*snip*

I agree with you very much. Heck, it's not much of a stretch to believe that much of modern law systems are based upon the idea of "sin". Let's say you want to deal drugs for a living, you are going to live in fear of being arrested, tried, found guilty and sentenced (maybe for a while, and this really depends on the disposition of the accused). I think this how many of so-called "moral laws" are enforced.

The bad scenario part: many corrupt officers of the law use this method to ensure prosecution to the fullest extent of law no matter whether the accused party is actually guilty or not.

So far, I really think the concept of sin is used not just within religion, but in certain secular arenas as well.

• Super Moderator

A sin is frequently something you enjoy, but don't want anyone else doing.

A sin is frequently something you enjoy, but don't want anyone else doing.

Oh so true.. the catholics believe that aquiring wealth is wrong but I don't see the little ex nazi stinting himself..