Goodbye Jesus

Confessions Of A Christoholic

RecoveXM

In any event, he can't get anything but entertainment here. We're not online psychiatrists.

I agree Chris. This was essentially my take on the thing too. I think the guy would benefit from some therapy. But this is not the place for it.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RecoveXM

• Grandpa Harley

• MathGeek

• Legion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok LR,

Why is it not the place?... so I will understand where you are coming from.

You really need to ask why the Lion's Den is not a good place for therapy for an aggressive disturbed person???

Ok LR,

Why is it not the place?... so I will understand where you are coming from.

Well, as far as I know none of us are psychologists. Though I have thought on many occasions that we would benefit from having a psychologist among us.

Do you feel that we treated him too harshly End? What were we to do when he melted down and started calling us Nazis and such?

I have to go but I will pick this up later this afternoon.

Yes End, it started in the Testimonies forum. It was moved when the OP told Legion he was a Christian. He stated this outright. The Testimonies forum is for ex-christians to post their testimonies. So he violated the rules and it was correct for Skip to move it. I am not sure if it was moved directly to the Den or somewhere else first and then to the Den when the OP got nasty.

What is your version of this sequence of events, End?

What leads you guys to believe that he might have been having a crisis of faith? And in general how do we discern betwen entrenched Christians and those who are having a crisis of faith?

I believe that when someone lashes at a non-believer about how better their faith is, somewhere inside them it's a self-defense mechanism that kicks in because they are on some level having doubts and fears. And the brain, because it merely listens to orders, works to defend the beliefs you've given it. So people lash out to knock down different ideas because they are too afraid of losing the structure they have.

So, the next time someone shoots up a MacDonalds, they're having crisis of faith in Fast Food, not going somewhere to raise Cain and enter 'history'?

Not always. Some people are just plain immature. They think they are soooo "right", that everyone else is an idiot and worthy of scorn.

But, sometimes the situation can be just like you said Eponymic, and without further feedback, we may never know. This being the internet, it's very possible hes just 13 years old, looking to pick a fight with any group that disagrees with his "cosmology".

Still, I think by "not" being banned, he's been given an olive branch.

It's ultimately up to him on how far he gets here. He must know that we *can't* hold grudges against him for his christianity, otherwise, we would hold grudges against each other, and ourselves as well.

Not his views, but his method of social interaction is whats the most deplorable. His views may change in time, hopefully so will his method of operation...

Yes, and immature expression of anger and hate originates from pain/fear. Everything comes back to a desire to avoid pain or gain pleasure at it's base.

And I agree with your forsight that we have shown the olive branch to a certain extent. If he chooses to stay, I believe he will see more & more how we are in fact more tolerant than not.

Even if he is a troll, he's still a confused individual who is lashing out for a reason.

Therefore I cannot hate nor dismiss him because he attempts to hate or anger me.

I merely recognize his state and hope he can improve it.

So, the next time someone shoots up a MacDonalds, they're having crisis of faith in Fast Food, not going somewhere to raise Cain and enter 'history'?

No it just means that the got shorted $2 dollars on $99 cent burger day and they're damn pissed off about it!

I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!!!!

Or they don't like Mondays.. or they can't get to lead cub scouts...

Some people are insane. That is a problem with posting on an anonymous chatboard. People can play mind games with the other users and not be who they say they are offline.

With every benefit, there is a detriment.

Fellow failed to read the rules and posted on Testimonies. Via conversation with LR it came out that he was a Christian. So Skip moved the thread to ExChristian Life. Fellow got pissed off and turned on Skip. Cussed him for not letting Jesus into this place, etc. So he got tossed into the Lions Den. Never posted another decent word.

I think he may be at a life crisis with his local church(es)--this would indicate older than age 13. I don't understand his type. Why didn't he read the rules before posting? Why did he think he as a Christian would be warmly welcomed on an EXchristian site? What part of "ex" does he not understand?

He seems to think christianity=church. Because he was out of the church he seems to think he was out of Christianity. But why would he think that way?

And anyway, if one is new and finds oneself in the wrong place, why not apologize for the mistake and ask how to avoid similar errors of protocol in the future? Why attack top personnel and risk alienating oneself from the entire club??? :shrug:

For those of us who interacted with him on the spot he seemed real enough, though unreasonably upset like real people sometimes get when caught in an embarrassing mistake. I'm sure Skip would have called him a troll if he thought he were one, and he didn't--not even in the shoutbox. We all know that Skip is not known for mincing words.

It probably looks considerably different to people coming in after the event and not seeing the shoutbox convo. It's probably not important how he's judged. I doubt he will return. Unless it's as a deconvert.

He was just one more 'tard that thought he was going to preach to us the 'true' meaning of xtianity. He could have saved himself a lot of embarrassment by reading many posts and discovering what we talk about on this board before adding his two-cents. Instead he got his ass kicked and went home.

Talk about immature. Who the hell tries to delete their messages from a forum and then whines to be banned?

• 2 weeks later...

God bless you all.

- and the service you perform.

In my crisis I was thrown into the Lion's Den - and there had my faith restored. Even there he did not desert me.

I humbly apologize to all here that I insulted in my madness, when I thought the Lord had turned from me.

It was I who turned from him.

I thank you for humbling me and showing me the error of my ways. I thank you for the stripes and hold none of you at fault; you have done me no injury, I ask your forgiveness.

I had to come here and be reminded of what I once was, and never want to be again.

As he has accepted me back so he will accept you.

Christ, not man, is KING. Praise God!

Well, what a happy little ending to a bit of personal drama here on the pages of ExC. So glad we could be part of the Lord's work in your life.

jc6.jpg

Well, what a happy little ending to a bit of personal drama here on the pages of ExC. So glad we could be part of the Lord's work in your life.

post-246-1209751763.jpg

Now that is PANACHE - delivered with style.

Well said Antlerman.

God bless you.

Well, seems his local crack seller is doing well, at least...

End3 - you there?

you wanted to talk to me as I recall

come on in - the Lions are eating out of my hands

forget it Harley - compared to Antlerman you're a candle

God bless you.

I wasn't talking to you... You're simply a troll and beneath my personal interest other than meta comment for my own amusement... and beleive me, I'm amused, so that's all to the good

But then meta comment wouldn't be within your comprehension level, since it's been bullshit out of the gate... but you are a funny monkey... and the Antler summed you up well

God bless you too... I shall pray for you.

• Super Moderator

Farewell, and say 'hey' to everyone, wherever you are.

I wasn't talking to you... You're simply a troll and beneath my personal interest other than meta comment for my own amusement... and beleive me, I'm amused, so that's all to the good

But then meta comment wouldn't be within your comprehension level, since it's been bullshit out of the gate... but you are a funny monkey... and the Antler summed you up well

God bless you too... I shall pray for you.

Pray? to who?

If it isn't God forget it. Don't need the prayer of someone who has given up to something that doesn't exist.

God bless you anyway.

Florduh too.

Flying Spaghetti Monster.... there's another god?

Lame dude - you best leave the real work to Antlerman.

God bless you.