Goodbye Jesus

Biblical View Of Women And Gays

R. S. Martin

Well, it's been a whole different month now since this thread has started. Does Kratos still not have time to respond to this thread?

Seems Kratos doesn't have time for the board :D I, for one, am enjoying it... so 'shush!'

Mary got high marks for bringing Christ into the world, but even she was considered "defiled" by the male authors of the text: Luke 2:22: And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

The sacred womb is honored in some other religions, but Christianity/Judaism consistently puts women in second place. The list of verses that denigrates and weakens the power of women is long, and you know it.

- Chris

If we were to take the babble literally, Mary would have redeemed women from the their place of servitude under the male by bringing into the world, the savior. Accordingly, women no longer have the stigma of guilt attached to them from the fall from grace, something Paul forgot to rant about and the xtians do not want to give up power over the woman or any power for that matter. Hence, we see the weirdos coming out of the woodwork in disguise as warm and fuzzy xtians. This is the chief problem with revealed religions, you are a slave until someone gets the word revealed from god to let you go.

• 3 weeks later...

I was recently reading this site which claims that the bible verses that condemn homosexuality are mistranslations in the English version: http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_chri.htm Out of curiosity, I checked multiple English translations to see how they worded the bible verses. I checked The Message translation and for the verses 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, it translates the verses that are normally translated to condemn homosexuality as

Don't you realize that this is not the way to live? Unjust people who don't care about God will not be joining in his kingdom. Those who use and abuse each other, use and abuse sex, use and abuse the earth and everything in it, don't qualify as citizens in God's kingdom. A number of you know from experience what I'm talking about, for not so long ago you were on that list. Since then, you've been cleaned up and given a fresh start by Jesus, our Master, our Messiah, and by our God present in us, the Spirit.
I thought it was interesting that these verses in The Message translation do not mention homosexuality at all and instead condemn sexual abuse. And the verses in Rom 1:26-27 is translated to imply that only homosexuality without love is a sin and again seems to be more focused on sexual abuse
Sexually confused, they abused and defiled one another, women with women, men with men—all lust, no love
Can anyone verify how accurate these claims about the bible verses on homosexuality are?

All i can say is that if i were still a christian, Kratos's silence would embarrass the holy piss out of me. Picture perfect example of tucking tail and running. I sure hope you're nobody's hero man.

Neon, in response to your question. I can't read Greek too well but I will copy the English transliteration from Alfred Marshall's NIV Interlinear Greek-English New Testament, 1976, for 1 Cor. 6:9-11 (I will move around a few phrases so it makes sense in English):

9. Or know ye not that unrighteous men will not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not led astray; not fornicators nor idolators nor adulterers nor voluptuous persons nor sodomites

10. nor thieves nor covetous persons, nor drunkards, not revilers, not rapacious persons will inherit the kingdom of God.

11. And these things were some of you; but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of the God of us.

Judge for yourself what all those words mean. In my opinion, Christians should begin by sweeping their own doorsteps. Revilers, covetous persons, drunkards. Since when did Christians not do those things? How do they judge homosexuals without reviling? Some Christians won't drink but what about others who insist on using real wine for the sacrament and thereby tempt recovering alcoholics beyond endurance? Since when did Christians successfully resist covetousness??? Do they even see it as a sin? Yet it is listed right alongside sodomite and rapacious persons--just as damnable as sexual crimes (that are crimes in our legal codes).