Goodbye Jesus

Have Any Christians Come Here And Been De-converted?

Justin

I see many christians here that are here to try and argue why we are wrong and why we should come back, and also they try to argue against the criticisims of the bible and christianity. My question is, have there been any christians who have come on here for these reasons who became de-converts? Christains who were not doubting of their faith but came here to try and change our minds but had theirs changed instead?

I don’t know Justin. I don’t want to name names, but I think a few have come here who were already questioning their faith and made the rest of the transition here. But as for those who were motivated to change our minds and had their minds changed instead, I don’t know.

And I think if it has happened then it may not be good for us to know. It’s too easy to get a big ego and think… “Yeah, I changed their mind. Aren’t I a bad ass!? That will show ‘em!â€

• Super Moderator

I'd like to think so, but as LR said, those we know of were already questioning and just finished up here.

My question is, have there been any christians who have come on here for these reasons who became de-converts?

I remember several that came around here when Dave first set the forum up, trying to convert us filthy Atheists (even though I am a Deist) and ending up starting their deconversion...gotta remember, as the oldest (physically) member here, I am senile and can't remember names...maybe Woodsmoke or some of the other long-standing members would though. Back in the day we had some pretty rabid Christ Cultists coming around...Heimdall :yellow:

REACH came here as a Christian and deconverted, if memory serves correct. However, that was before my time though and I've been here since March of 2005.

REACH came here as a Christian and deconverted, if memory serves correct. However, that was before my time though and I've been here since March of 2005.

That reminds me....in the guidelines for posting in the "Testimonies" forum I read what Reach said:

When I first came to Ex-Christian.net I
was
a Christian. After spending a month reading something in excess of 10,000 posts
(without ever posting)
, I came to the conclusion that while the site is truly unique in several ways, this particular Testimony forum is a kind of sacred ground, a special place set apart for a specific purpose. Let me be very specific here; by sacred, I mean devoted
exclusively
to one service, one use or one purpose.

I think this agrees with what you said, Jubilant.

I was one of the ones that came here as part of my questioning. My faith in Christianity was already on the way out, I just hadn't admitted it to myself at that point. The answers I got here (good, in depth, thoughtful types) as well as the answers I got on some Christian forums (cliche, not answering the question I asked) helped push me over the edge.

I've been around here for long enough to get to know the old christian Reach... however, we have to keep in mind that (as far as I know - I was no founding member :) ) she never was a morontheist. She always showed respect, sincerely tried to understand what we were all about, et cetera. Nothing like the morontheist holier-than-thou-nyah-nyah fuckfaces ;)

I was on my way out when I came upon this site, and all the great people and resources I found here made me realize that Christianity was a crock...so I de-converted.

I've been around here for long enough to get to know the old christian Reach... however, we have to keep in mind that (as far as I know - I was no founding member :) ) she never was a morontheist. She always showed respect, sincerely tried to understand what we were all about, et cetera. Nothing like the morontheist holier-than-thou-nyah-nyah fuckfaces ;)

Sounds a lot how TAP used to be, a sweetheart. The last I knew of her, at least she was rethinking the hell doctrine. There was problem between her and another member and she has not been back since...neither has the other member. I wish I knew how to get in touch with her to see how she's doing.

***On a funny note (not funny at the time though), I remember stumbling on this site in the process of deconversion but it was the main page. OMG, the pictures of Satan and the Naked Women had me running in the other direction, praying for God to forgive me, lol. However, when I said my hearty, "F-you Christ and God", upon closing my Bible for the last time...it was nice to know that there was a home for ex-sheeple. :-)

I remember a user named Kevin (may have had some other spinach after the name). He started off as one of the loudest Christians on the 2004 equivalent to the Lion's den. Came back in 2005 having deconverted (and was a bit sheepish to boot).

Well, it's not quite the question you were asking, but last fall when I was doubting christianity, I was reading both sides, and one site mentioned X-C, so I came here. I was partially deconverted before then but it was being on here that gave me the ability to be at peace with leaving and to actually feel good about it and feel like I was really making the right choice.

I think I found this site by Google search 'former Christians". This was way before I signed on as a member - probably 2003 or 2004. I posted my testimony and that was it. I saw there were a bunch of X rated pictures, which are not here now, and honestly that deterred me from signing on as a member. You must realize I came out of a very fundamentalist background. I was well on the way to total deconversion, but this site helped me very much with validation that I am in the right place and continues to help me.

There are probably some lurkers out there that are still trying to deal with their issues about leaving. Once a person takes that leap of non faith, it's as good as done. Some just can't bring themselves to openly admit it. I was scared to death when I finally did on another forum full of christians. I waited for god to strike me with lightning, or to kill one of my children as punishment. And that is NO joke!

After I admitted it, my life finally began.

((((( hoping someone might take this for what it is worth )))))

And I think if it has happened then it may not be good for us to know. It’s too easy to get a big ego and think… “Yeah, I changed their mind. Aren’t I a bad ass!? That will show ‘em!â€

I'm not saying we should thump our chests and brag to the world or anything like that, i was only curious if any had deconverted from coming to this site and having their minds opened.

Sounds a lot how TAP used to be, a sweetheart. The last I knew of her, at least she was rethinking the hell doctrine. There was problem between her and another member and she has not been back since...neither has the other member. I wish I knew how to get in touch with her to see how she's doing.

If she hasn't really deconverted yet one might find her on the tribble forces site (tribulationforces.com? Too long ago for me to remember)... :shrug: