Goodbye Jesus

Praying for Jesus' return..

Lizard

Clash with fundiemental..haven't replied yet, still considering the words..I almost wish there were a few fundies here, lol..

Prayer:

"Come quickly, Lord Jesus and take us out of this perverse world."

Translation:

"Let the tribulation begin and smite and kill and plague all those other people who disagree with me."

To me, this is sick. Not that I think its going to happen, but that someone actually wishes for this?

"Oh, I love Jesus. Oh, Jesus love me." "Kill the heathens, Jesus."

Goodbye Jesus

Indeed, based on how I understand both the babble and what fundies told me about their interpratations of it, it's quite sadistic to wish for the "prophecies" to be fulfilled soon.

As has been mentioned in these forums some time ago, christians with just a little bit of compassion towards the unsaved people should wish for a loooong time until the rapture et al, so they have as many chances as possible to maybe save a few souls. If you meet one who dreams of "rapture tomorrow", you know this person's a sadistic bastard. :Hmm:

Prayer:

Oh, this was a BIG thing for me just before I escaped.

We were in church, and the pastor led us in prayer for this. Come quickly Jesus. I thought, Fuck You. My dad isn't saved, my kids aren't saved. I ain't praying for that.

I'll struggle through this life in the midst of a sinful and depraved world, but I'm not praying for that.

Well, there ya go. Just another proof that I was never really a christian.

Guest Roamin' Lion

It seems to me that I remember a bible verse that says woe unto them who desire the end, or some such sentiment.

I agree with you.

I also find it very humorous that only in America and similar countries where we enjoy so many resources is all this tribulation stuff taken seriously.

We have it so good here, and yet the Christians are praying for a f---ing rapture. Are they nut? Oops, forgot....yes, they are.

But, think about this concept in Iraq or Dahfur or another place where starvation and violence are daily occurrences.

The end times doctrine is shallow and appealing only to the fattened believers in America....and it is useful to the GOP.

Maybe god helped you by opening your eyes to freethinking!

Maybe the only true part of the bible is the verse about the holy spirit guiding you to the truth....and the truth is to reject that stupid myth book and all religions.

Oh, this was a BIG thing for me just before I escaped. 

We were in church, and the pastor led us in prayer for this.  Come quickly Jesus.  I thought, Fuck You.  My dad isn't saved, my kids aren't saved.  I ain't praying for that. 

I'll struggle through this life in the midst of a sinful and depraved world, but I'm not praying for that.

Well, there ya go.  Just another proof that I was never really a christian.

:eek: Holy Blasphemy, Batman! You thought, Fuck you, in church?? :eek:

Clash with fundiemental..haven't replied yet, still considering the words..I almost wish there were a few fundies here, lol..

Prayer:

Translation:

"Let the tribulation begin and smite and kill and plague all those other people who disagree with me."

To me, this is sick.  Not that I think its going to happen, but that someone actually wishes for this? 

"Oh, I love Jesus.  Oh, Jesus love me."  "Kill the heathens, Jesus."

Lizard--

I agree-- that attitude is disgusting.

Myself, I definitely believe in Christ's return, but I would part ways with folks who gleefully look forward to someone else's destruction.

CC

Maybe god helped you by opening your eyes to freethinking!

That's what I'm saying too sometimes.

When I talk about our accident, and the words "God had a plan for you" comes out of the mouth.

Then my thought is, "sure, God intended for me to become an apostate!"

---

If that's true, God exists and he made me a de-convert, then why even try to convert me again or preach to me? It's God's will for me to be Ex-Christian!!!

:eek: Holy Blasphemy, Batman! You thought, Fuck you, in church??  :eek:

I really did. But I confessed it right afterward (in my thoughts) , so I was cool.

I got to where I could confess sin via the express lane.

Such as - oops. Sorry bout that, God.

Whew. There. Fresh as morning daisy.

I really did.  But I confessed it right afterward (in my thoughts) , so I was cool. 

I got to where I could confess sin via the express lane.

Such as - oops.  Sorry bout that,  God. 

Whew.  There.  Fresh as morning daisy.

I used to do that! Driving down the road..some fool cuts me off and I think "Stupid son of a bitch!" and immediatly "Forgive me, Lord!"

Didn't want to have a wreck before I confessed and asked forgiveness and went to hell for thinking such a vile thought.. :lmao:

I used to do that!  Driving down the road..some fool cuts me off and I think "Stupid son of a bitch!" and immediatly "Forgive me, Lord!"

Didn't want to have a wreck before I confessed and asked forgiveness and went to hell for thinking such a vile thought.. :lmao:

Imagine how much air you are saving by only have to say: "Fuck off!", and then leave it at that, no "forgive me"-s anymore.

You've become an environmentalist just by de-converting... coool!

Imagine how much air you are saving by only have to say: "Fuck off!", and then leave it at that, no "forgive me"-s anymore.

You've become an environmentalist just by de-converting... coool!

Hey! Never thought of it that way.. :lmao: